Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOWN / Melvins TOUR
pimp.gif

8/11 Seattle, WA @ Showbox SoDo
8/12 Portland, OR @ Roseland
8/14 San Francisco, CA @ The Grand Ballroom
8/15 Los Angeles, CA @ The Wiltern
8/16 San Diego, CA @ House Of Blues
8/18 Anaheim, CA @ House Of Blues
8/19 Las Vegas, NV @ House Of Blues
8/21 Salt Lake City, UT @ In The Venue
8/22 Denver, CO @ Gothic Theatre
9/1 Atlanta, GA @ CW Center Stage
9/2 Lake Buena Vista, FL @ House Of Blues
9/4 Myrtle Beach, SC @ House Of Blues
9/5 Charlotte, NC @ The Fillmore
9/6 Knoxville, TN @ The Valarium
9/8 Baltimore, MD @ Club Sonar
9/9 Clifton Park, NY @ Northern Lights
9/11 New York City, NY @ Nokia Theatre
9/13 Boston, MA @ House Of Blues
9/15 Hartford, CT @ Webster Theatre
9/16 Rochester, NY @ Main Street Armory
9/18 Toronto, ON @ Kool Haus
9/19 Detroit, MI @ Emerald Theatre
9/21 Indianapolis, IN @ Vogue Theatre
9/22 Cleveland, OH @ House of Blues
9/24 Omaha, NE @ Sokol Auditorium
9/25 Sauget, IL @ Pop's
9/26 Mokena, IL @ The Pearl Room

Aw those Pantera fellas. Who knows what more stuff they could have come up with had they stayed together.

Iced Earth- Iced Earth
Pantera- Power Metal
Iron Maiden- Piece of Mind
Warbringer- War Without End
Testament- The Legacy

i picked up kalmah - swampsong yesterday and the dude who worked at hmv recommended me a band called destroy destroy destroy

it was cool talking to an employee who actually shares musical interests with you instead of those damn mindless robots you see so very often working at an hmvor whatever

and i gotta check out those metalcore bands out

today

origin - ran into a buddy who told me about them. apparently theyll be at the necrophagist/behemoth show so i checked them out. pretty good tech death. thebrutal death metal element is kind of a turn off though
bathory
absu
pantera - damn shame isnt it
smh.gif

sig check

didnt feel right leaving team metalheads out of the sig
smh.gif

i was getting sick of the dethklok avy though. anyone know of some metal gifs for later down the road?

i dont think this marvel thing will last very long for me
laugh.gif

its been a minute since i listened to this band but i busted out Candiria - "300 Percent Density" today

its not for everyone but i love it

Originally Posted by Ween H4ed

Anyone hear the new Killswitch Engage album?

Amazing
smokin.gif

I haven't heard it but I need to is it really that good. I'm not a big fan but I dig a few of there stuff.

^after a couple listens could you please post a list of standout tracks?

im with bcf on my opinion of them. theyre ipod worthy, but im not a huge fan. my little brother is though so ill prolly pick up the album this weekend

The version I have on my ipod of the new Killswitch doenst have the names of the tracks lol so I cant tell you which to check out. I think its solid though.

Today:
Asphyx
Behemoth
Between The Buried And Me

^^you cheap bastard. downloading ftw/ftl
laugh.gif

anyways, on behemoth, i decided not to go tomorrow...errr today rather

im pretty lazy and i cant justify to pay x amount of dollars to see ensiferum for under 40 minutes. necrophagist will prolly be back sometime next year(hopefully) so im not too bummed out. i hope i dont regret it
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Physicx

^after a couple listens could you please post a list of standout tracks?

im with bcf on my opinion of them. theyre ipod worthy, but im not a huge fan. my little brother is though so ill prolly pick up the album this weekend
I won't be the best judge on that because I'll recommend the entire album
laugh.gif

Anywho....Today:
Killswitch Engage (duh)
The Sword - Gods of the Earth (duhduh)
Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
Slayer
Trivium

^^takin the easy way out eh? lazy bastard
laugh.gif

ill take your word for it and pick it up

jules - man, rammstein. one of my first metal bands. if my terrible memory serves me correct, industrial got me started on metal. sensucht was my favorite, theone with doom as a zombie
pimp.gif
. however, adios on mutter is my favorite rammstein song. good stuff haha

laugh.gif

jules - man, rammstein. one of my first metal bands. if my terrible memory serves me correct, industrial got me started on metal. sensucht was my favorite, the one with doom as a zombie
pimp.gif
I got started on cannibal corpse, then went to six feet under when Chris left CC, My favorite bands are Torture killer, Rammstein, Six feet under,Bloodbath and Linking park
tongue.gif

^how in the hell do you start out on cannibal corpse?
laugh.gif

thats wild man. i couldnt get into harsh vocals for awhile

i never really got into six feet under, but their purple haze cover was
laugh.gif

do you not like corpsegrinder or do you just prefer barnes?

^how in the hell do you start out on cannibal corpse?
laugh.gif

thats wild man. i couldnt get into harsh vocals for awhile

i never really got into six feet under, but their purple haze cover was
laugh.gif

do you not like corpsegrinder or do you just prefer barnes?
Cannibal Corpse is from buffalo where im from so they did alot of free shows back in the day so i got use to them. Yea if you just starting out onMetal Cannibal Corpse aint for u lol. Six Feet under is the best "DEATH METAL" band ever imo. You need tolisten to there first album haunted. Its the greatest Death metal album period imo( next to bloodbath). Chris Barnes imo is the best at wat he does i canunderstand every word that comes out of his mouth and he can go low or high in his voice range. I never really listened to corpsegrinder im always looking fornew music tho. What do you recommend from them?

^ill check them out

but yeah, i donno. im not the biggest cannibal corpse fan so i wouldnt be able to tell you which album george fisher was best on. evisceration plague from lastyear was pretty good though imo.

ill let someone else answer that

however, i am a fan of corpsegrinder's side project paths of possession. im a huge melodic death metal guy so i was attracted to this almost immediatelywhen i heard of it. he is much more versatile then when he is with cc. check that out if you wish

^ill check them out

but yeah, i donno. im not the biggest cannibal corpse fan so i wouldnt be able to tell you which album george fisher was best on. evisceration plague from last year was pretty good though imo.

ill let someone else answer that

however, i am a fan of corpsegrinder's side project paths of possession. im a huge melodic death metal guy so i was attracted to this almost immediately when i heard of it. he is much more versatile then when he is with cc. check that out if you wish
ok kool ill check it out i like evisceration plague but its just not the same without barnes. You say you like melodic death metal ? Do you like
lacuna coil?

^^ i didnt even know they were melodic death metal
laugh.gif

ill give them a shot though

im more into the finnish/scandinavian brand. stuff like old children of bodom (even though theyre waaaaaay overhyped, especially the last few years. new stuffis hardly melo death anyways), norther, kalmah, eluveitie, ensiferum, skyfire, dark tranquility etc etc. anything with melody. i could care less what peoplethink of my tastes
pimp.gif

Hell tell my about it. I was jamming out to Flyleaf the other day. I know I'm gonna get dogged for this. Anyway Cannibal Corpse is awesome. They are one ofthe few death metal groups with harsh vocals that I do listen. That first album (Eaten back to life) is completely understanable. As for Killswitchs album youcan check it out on youtube. I tried jamming out to it but I just can't get into them. I don't dig the singers style.

laugh.gif

jules - man, rammstein. one of my first metal bands. if my terrible memory serves me correct, industrial got me started on metal. sensucht was my favorite, the one with doom as a zombie
pimp.gif
Well I am lazy, but in this case KSE is one of my favorite bands. They haven't put out an album yet that I can't listen to from firstsong to last song.

My first metal band was Metallica (back when they were good
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by Ween H4ed

Anyone hear the new Killswitch Engage album?

Amazing
smokin.gif
I like it. It's not as hard as their old stuff or other stuff I listen to but you gotta tone it down every now and then.

The forgotten is my fav song on the album
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom