TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks fellas...B.Ground congrats to your wife.

Cris..my wife and I both have the Neon colorways, and Blue colorways (she has the womens, I have the mens). I have yet to wear them, but will soon. I love thelook of them.

Check ebay, I see some going for a little less than retail. Or if you find someone with a swoosh acct you can get em even cheaper.

There's a heap on ebay.com.au they were all going for around $70 aud, there was also a bunch that i assume were fake,so shop at your peril.

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

a couple of finds:

sz.9-

mayhem sent me those, i passed

however i suprised him with this
http://size 10 atmos 95
i'm gonna see how they fit, i'm a 9, and if i'm not comfortable with the size, they're being resold....glad the seller sent me more pix, deflegit....good price too right?
wink.gif

Battleground- what are those 90s called? I like greens and browns when they're mixed right. Kinda like those powerwall am1s

FAM!

Good morning everyone....
chris: congrats to your wife and nice 90s
shaun: cool 2k9s, I with chris through, tough retail sticker
gasp: long time, no see
cris: you inspired me to break these out...one of the last wears before they are listed
ohwell.gif

3527247380_33e626c7fd_o.jpg

Favor please. Just picked up some hoa infras. Would someone send me a label pic to my inbox please so i can print it andcheck them on pick up. Thanks in advance.

Morning Fam,

Neon 2k9s are calling me, but retail is a little steep. Also, those blue 2k9s are looking good.

Chris/Battle - You already know...
pimp.gif
& tell your wife the Fam says "Congratulations!"

Later,
Jerrod

Originally Posted by Modzzilla

Favor please. Just picked up some hoa infras. Would someone send me a label pic to my inbox please so i can print it and check them on pick up. Thanks in advance.

Mod, check the link in my sig, I am selling a pair of HOAs and the boxlabel is one of the pictures. Hope that helps.

S-Dubl- I was gonna do the husband/wife combo on the AM09'ers, but since the better half HATED the 360's, she's been scarred.
Morning Am fam
367055688.jpg

collectionoverview.jpg

Hey Fam. Moving house and a push from Justin a month or so ago have meant I've got myself in gear to put in an official application. My name's Dan(obviously), I'm an English teacher who currently lives in Bristol, UK but am soon making the move to NYC to take a teaching position at the United NationsInternational School. Fortunately, they pay for shipping
wink.gif

I've only been buying shoes since around August 2007 after an ill-advised, self-righteous, post-university anti-Nike outlook
embarassed.gif
. It's ok, I'm over myself now. Back in the day I used to be intobasketball kicks, but my focus has become strictly on runners now and particularly Air Max. I've got nowhere near the sort of heat that some of you guysare packing, but hey, I'm a newbie with a lot of love and respect for the kicks and the culture.

Here's what I've got. I've ordered the pictures in a rough chronology of the original models' release dates and included a little commentabout my thoughts on each shoe.

Air Max 87 LCD:

airmax87lcd.jpg

Bought these a while back and have rarely worn them. Not too keen on the materials: really want some 'proper' 87s with suede/mesh but yet to comeacross some at the right price. Planning on getting the Rastas and both Skull packs when I get to the States, just not willing to shell out on the shipping tothe UK with the pound/dollar exchange rate as it is.

Air Max Light JD:

airmaxlightjd.jpg

Love these. Bought around the release date and worn loads.

Air Max Light Blue/Yellow:

airmaxlightblueyellow.jpg

Nothing amazing but one of the best of the spate of original Light retroes. Bought in an outlet on holiday in Florida for $25. Can't complain about that.

Air Max 90 Plaid:

airmax90plaid.jpg

Not a shoe I would ever consider buying now, but the kick that officially marked my return to the Swoosh and indeed Air Max. Sentimental value if notaesthetic
laugh.gif

Air Max 90 Infrared '08:

airmax90infrared.jpg

I know, I know. It's pink not red, but the opportunity came up to cop and I couldn't pass. Anyone wanna trade for some of the '03s?! Stillhappy with them.

Air Max BW Persian:

airmaxbwpersian.jpg

A recent retro that obviously pales in comparison to older versions. Midsole on these is really terrible, and they have been relegated to beater status farsooner than they should have been. Still look good when I look down though and will tide me over until I pick up one of the previous retros.

Air 180 JD:

180jd.jpg

Picked these up on the cheap thanks to fellow NTer UKBased. Few gripes for me - not sure about the difference in colour between the red on the tongue andmidsole accent; some days I like the outline swoosh, sometimes I don't - but ultimately a very comfortable shoe that I wear a lot.

Air Max '93 Stone/Maple '03:

airmax93stone.jpg

Wasn't sure about these when I got them but love them now. Unusual colourway that you don't see a lot on an underrated runner. Shame the midsolepaint started to crack a little but what can you do?

Air Max Burst '01:

redburst.jpg

One of my favourites. Great colourway, lovely materials and that air unit
pimp.gif

Air Max Burst Safety Orange:

safetyorangeburst.jpg

My recent steal (£22 shipped). All of the above applies and then some, so happy to own these.

Air Max 95 Neon '08:

airmax95neon.jpg

The amount Nike is retroing these is ridiculous, but for me it worked out fine because I could pick up a pair last year without breaking sweat. Anotherclassic shoe that ultimately I'd like to pick up an older retro of should the opportunity present itself at the right price.

Air Max Tailwind '96:

tailwind96darkblue.jpg

I know this is a shoe that the Fam appreciates and definitely one of my most treasured pair of kicks. Feels great to have some true vintage material.

Air Max Tailwind '96:

tailwind96whitered.jpg

As above, except these are in even better condition
pimp.gif

Air Max '97 True:

airmax97true.jpg

Got these for a great price a while back due to the strength of the pound against the dollar at the beginning of last year, only £80 shipped DS! One of theonly 97s I feel I need to own and my hands down favourite colourway of the model.

Air Huarache Light Burst:

huarachelightburst.jpg

Do these count? Got a soft spot for this model although I can see why some people wouldn't like them. Nice summer shoe.

Air Max B Huarache:

airbhuarache.jpg

Not something I would buy now but I copped these when my 'habit' was still in its infancy. Still, nice materials and a clean colourway mean i'mstill happy to have these in the vault when I know things might get a little messy
laugh.gif

Plenty of shoes on my wishlist that I'm hoping to acquire for a little less money once I move stateside. This has become the only thread on NT I check forand certainly the only thread where I actually contribute in my own small way. I've appreciated the wealth of info I've gained from this thread andhope to become a member of the Team as I continue in the pursuit for more AM heat.

So... am I in?

Dan, great pics, great story....

You continue to contribute with your positive attitude and insight...

You have my vote bud

T21D...thanks bro..just buy em for her, she'll love em. My wife does. Nice jewels

Brick...dope safaris. 2K9s are real nice in person, like I said before look on ebay or find someone with swoosh. Few NTers have it and hook up for a tip.

Dan...good stuff. I really like those 180s, 93s, Bursts, Hurache Bursts, and those True 97s. Overall great collection. Yep you get my vote!

Peace Fam...Lakers gon' finish it off today!!!

Dan- Great pix and write up! As long as you send those Safety Orange Bursts my way you've got my vote!
laugh.gif

Nice variety, and best of luck with the move. Oh, it's a bubble, not an air unit though!

Dan - Nice pics, and I love your story. Good Luck on ur move here to the states, and for sure u can depend on Justin helping you out in obtaining the rest,he's on of the most helpful here on the Team AM Fam, other than Viet. Btw you got my "Stamp of Approval"! God Bless You Bro!

PEACE!
-EDGE-

Dan - that's some quality stuff you got there
pimp.gif
and you've been apositive contributor on this thread. You get my vote!

Did you mention your size? don't tell me you're a 9 coz the Burst and Tailwind's are straight crack to me. I'll bug you once a week if you wantto sell
laugh.gif

Thanks for all the cosigns and comments so far Fam! I'll wait a while until other regular members on the thread have given the yes/no before adding thesig/crawling back into a hole
laugh.gif

Just a little something before I head to bed. I do not own these shoes, but they're probably gonna be my partinggift to myself upon leaving UK shores. Most recent JD BW release, not sure if I've even seen these in the thread yet. A good friend of mine snapped themup with the quickness and seeing them on his feet made me want them bad.

airmaxbwjd.jpg

* Edit * Battleground: you can sleep easy as I'm a US 11
happy.gif

Originally Posted by hows your edge

These came from my local outlet (Wrentham) for $45. They had a FSR.

309717 005

IMG_7247.jpg

That's after one wear, but a few miles of walking.
didnt know you were from around the way...i needa stop by wrentham to pick these up then.

FLINT, dope opium 180's
dope Safari's, i gotta get me a pair of those somehow when the money is right...
Gasp, dope 96's
dan nice collection of AM's those Burst's are looking good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom