TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that with a return, you usually have to have the card you purchased with for them to refund your payment. you swipe the card ,and they charge your cardback. I don't see how that would work with paypal unless maybe with a paypal credit card? not sure. I paid with CC but just mailed my iD's back. theyreceived them friday (took 4 days) and I should have my refund tomorrow or so. it was really easy. the post office is a lot closer than the Nike outlet or evenNiketown for me so it was nice and easy.

tak - yeah I guess the material on the redwoods is somewhere between the burlap and denim. whatever it is, it's durable and nice and doesn't crease, Ilike it.

as for the am90 ripstop nylon, I have been hearing that it creases badly, but I always wonder if people are saying it is creased when it's on their feet ornot. I have plenty of kicks that look all creased and used when they are sitting on the floor, but when I slip my feet in, they look fine, so.... it's hardto say.

thanx for the advice everyone!

i already wear some asics gel kayano's, but i got those tailwinds just chillin', and they're not really a shoe i would "stunt" in, infact, i have no desire to wear them anywhere really, i don't like the tongue, and i'm basically stuck with them (unless i take a big loss trying tosell them)... don't even know why i bought them in the first place... was an impulse thing.

so i was just curious if they're decent for running.

gonna prolly get another pair of asics soon.

Flight- I snagged off the bay. Tossed seller a bin, and they became mine. Sorry if that was you who had a bid in?

Originally Posted by KVN

I got my AM90 staples in
pics pics pics please
happy.gif

Originally Posted by tak

Flight- I snagged off the bay. Tossed seller a bin, and they became mine. Sorry if that was you who had a bid in?
Nah I didn't even notice them. I actually did the same with the 12.5's I got.

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

thanx for the advice everyone!

i already wear some asics gel kayano's, but i got those tailwinds just chillin', and they're not really a shoe i would "stunt" in, in fact, i have no desire to wear them anywhere really, i don't like the tongue, and i'm basically stuck with them (unless i take a big loss trying to sell them)... don't even know why i bought them in the first place... was an impulse thing.

so i was just curious if they're decent for running.

gonna prolly get another pair of asics soon.
I thought about buying those blue Tailwinds too but the colorway just wasn't that great imo...the comfort is decent if you're just gonnado basic walking but the paint will chip.

i do respect the fam attitude in this thread btw... earlier this year i said something about it being corny seeing all these "teams", but this threadis nothing but love, which is rare on this forum it seems... like someone said a couple pages back, this is the one place where cats ain't constantlycritiquing everything people say, but instead are constantly lookin' out...

i got a healthy air max collection, prolly like 25+ pairs... been rockin' air maxes since the 90's, i still rock my '99 retro of the neon 95's(gotta love that huge air bubble!), even tho they're falling apart (got HOA's on ice tho).

i'll prolly post 'em all up here soon, just to share... i would apply but i'm sure i'd get shot down, seeing as tho i'm one of the leastliked in the popularity contest of this forum... but that's cool, just wanted to give y'all props!

Originally Posted by KVN

Anyone have any luck returning their nike ids to the outlets when they paid with paypal? I got my AM90 staples in, and hate how the color plastic doesn't match the other reds. Shoe looks way off.

I returned my IDs to the Nike outlet even though I paid with PayPal. They just gave them my debit card the credit was put to that account. No questions asked.

Originally Posted by brickSB

Originally Posted by Dunks206

Sup guys...

I am confused about something... Anybody use any of the am90 currents to work out in? I have the dqm hurache currents, and they are one of the most comfortable
pairs of shoes I ever worn... I don't want to work out in them, and I am in need of new workout shoes... I was thinking of either the flywire am90's or
the am90 currents (Kevin Lyons)... I was even considering both pairs, but I don't know... Anybody know which one is better?
I work out in the flywire AM90s and they are by far the best shoes I have ever used...I would be careful running in them unless you have a little bit of a taller sock to cover your heel or the hard plastic will leave a nice blister. Stick to your good NBs if you plan to log miles of jogging....if not, these work great for eliptical, stairs, etc...
4139700834_997e886017_o.jpg

Damn... Thanks for the info! I bought both yesterday after contemplating about an hour at work... Boredom at work with internet, and money is a bad thing...haha. Those will be my next work out shoe! Thanks Brick!

sorry for quoting the pic, but this pic is dope. Very happy I pulled the trigger.

Originally Posted by Cleveland222

I got a nice package from Mike / TAK today:
Thanks FAM!!!!

Good to know a Huggies box fits two shoe boxes perfectly!
laugh.gif

The set is almost complete. TEAM LLC Fo Life!!!
roll.gif

Need the Crepe AM1 in an 11.5 or 12 if anyone comes across a pair.

if only you knew the rain that the person who bought those shoes had to stand in that morning, for 4 hours....

...yea it was me
laugh.gif
tired.gif

What up Fam? I got inspired by Cris' collection post and I finally got off the couch and took collection pics. Most are maxes but there are a few thataren't but still runners. Hope everyone is doing well.

Peace.

Dave

4204729929_da8912e8bd_b.jpg

James....Drurys *drools*

Mike...nice Redwoods, finally got a pair!

Drew...damn Mike came gave up those Crepe 90s
eek.gif
dope LAF 180s, IMO best pair of the bunch. Just wish Jake gave up his to me instead of the 87s haha. Todouble quote, just hit the quote button for the first one and what I do for the next one is type this...{quote= person to be quoted}text to be quoted{/quote}but replace the {}s with []

to those that asked why the black midsole on the Heinys I designed...just wanted to be a lil different, not that I dont like the white.

good stuff all around....

Proto...I dont think youd get shot down as long as you kept it cool and contributed to the thread......

peace Fam...be back in a lil while with my newest pick up.

Not sure if this was posted yet but for anyone interested, skiptomyshoes.com has the AM 1 Patta on their site; blue denims for $120 and white/green for $165.

Originally Posted by daaznfella

I got a nice package from Mike / TAK today:
Thanks FAM!!!!

Good to know a Huggies box fits two shoe boxes perfectly!
laugh.gif

The set is almost complete. TEAM LLC Fo Life!!!
roll.gif

Need the Crepe AM1 in an 11.5 or 12 if anyone comes across a pair.

if only you knew the rain that the person who bought those shoes had to stand in that morning, for 4 hours....

...yea it was me
laugh.gif
tired.gif
DaAz- Im still thankful for that. Theyll cross my path again.....

SDUBL- You already know? p'p'p'p'p'Patta's
tongue.gif

Mike...word, gotta do whatcha gotta do.

Dave...dope stuff my friend. I really need to get around to taking pics of my collection, but it takes so damn long.........

Jibby...thanks, might have to see if I can come up with anything on those 90s. I dont mind rip stop mesh.

anyway...these came in today. Thanks again Edwin!
ruy0ig.jpg

peace Fam!

Yo prok13 dope collection! I thought I was the only one with those grey maroon wildwoodswith hella cracks! Always wanted to repaint them but thought it would be a waste of time. Need to hunt around my parents house for em an my prestos.

Originally Posted by brickSB

Sup guys...

I am confused about something... Anybody use any of the am90 currents to work out in? I have the dqm hurache currents, and they are one of the most comfortable
pairs of shoes I ever worn... I don't want to work out in them, and I am in need of new workout shoes... I was thinking of either the flywire am90's or
the am90 currents (Kevin Lyons)... I was even considering both pairs, but I don't know... Anybody know which one is better?
I work out in the flywire AM90s and they are by far the best shoes I have ever used...I would be careful running in them unless you have a little bit of a taller sock to cover your heel or the hard plastic will leave a nice blister. Stick to your good NBs if you plan to log miles of jogging....if not, these work great for eliptical, stairs, etc...

Damn... Thanks for the info! I bought both yesterday after contemplating about an hour at work... Boredom at work with internet, and money is a bad thing... haha. Those will be my next work out shoe! Thanks Brick!

sorry for quoting the pic, but this pic is dope. Very happy I pulled the trigger.

quoting pics is OK as long as you quote my pics....
laugh.gif

j/p...you will enjoy them!
off to the gym now....

EDIT: shaun, how much you get them for if you don't mind me asking? they sexy

fasz8h.jpg
33z9veh.jpg

2vv7vxz.jpg

cleaning out my closet and took some pictures of shoes i plan on selling with my wife's new Rebel..., figured you guys would appreciate them

1_HOA emeralds/grapes
2_co.jps
3_OG 95 neons

tired.gif

gswarriorz, sdubl & KVN - thanks for the comments fellas!

KVN - about those wildwoods, I thought I was the only one who had them with the midsole that cracked, haha.

Can anyone tell me how to quote multiple people's posts in one reply? Can't figure it out for the life of me.....I must be missing something obvious. Thanks in advance FAM, and sorry for the double post.

-Andrew
Originally Posted by s dubl

To double quote, just hit the quote button for the first one and what I do for the next one is type this...{quote= person to be quoted}text to be quoted{/quote} but replace the {}s with []

The way I do it isn't as direct as this ^, but it's very easy with no text or code involved. I just open multiple tabs with the pages where the postsI want to quote are (so for these, pages 1394 and 1396). Then I hit the quote button for each post in their individual tabs, and just copy/paste the"quoted" text from one window into the other and write my stuff in last.

Be aware, though, you can't move the cursor up to the original quoted text (at the very top) and hit enter to bring it down, like you would in a regulardocument. It has to stay at the top. So, if you want to type some stuff first and then do your quoting below, do the same as before but have a third tab andjust a regular "reply" window open. Then you can just type what you want and copy/paste from your "quote tabs" at your leisure. Hopefullythat helps
smile.gif

Prok - very nice collection, sir
pimp.gif

Daaz - OG neons
eek.gif

Edit: Size 13 fam, hit me up for some links
nerd.gif
. That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom