..:: TEAM AIR FORCE 1 ::.. Official Thread... Vol. 5

Originally Posted by AmnMolinar

Originally Posted by zs05wc

I wish I knew some of the ppl/places to search that you guys do. I would kill for some shrooms.

size 10 shrooms on ebay for the longest man. I notice that size 10 forces get overlooked so bad! They never get pulled and it pisses me off that they dont grow half a size or a full size bigger with time

Thanks but unfortunately I'm wear 8 - 8.5. I remember a few years back flightclub had some on their website, but like $400. I should have just snatched them.

Hello to all!  itsmedallas sent me an email and requested that I check in on this thread.   Indeed, I have been "away from the game" for a while now, hard to say just how long but I'd say a few years.  I read back a few pages in this thread and someone stated that sneaker collecting was the best between 2001 and 2007.  Not being an old head like Bobbito or Air Rev, I will have to agree, although the sheepish mentality prevalent among sneaker collectors and the way the huge shoe companies tried to appear small and pander to collectors with manufactured rarity and gimmicks during that time always disgusted me.  With that said, however, AFI heads always sort of stood apart from that bunch.  You didn't see many AFI heads sleeping on the street for Dunks or "artist" Nikes and their tastes magically changing to suit the newest trend.  I always bought what I liked, and maintained that habit by working and reselling other stuff.  Much respect to anyone who did or does the same. 

My life and the "game" have almost simultaneously reached a point where collecting shoes is irrelevant, frankly.  This is harsh, but it is the most honest and direct way to put it.  Just as I "grew up" and started to have real responsibilities, Nike all but stopped releasing anything at all of interest and the secondary market basically became devoid of what I am looking for.  Convenient, in a sense, because one thing about me is that I believe collecting is as much about enjoying what you have...moreso, actually...than it is about always chasing down that next purchase.  I look back on my days of heavy sneaker collecting, which mostly took place from 2001 until sometime a few years ago, and I feel pretty good.  My taste stayed consistent and I was aware and financially viable enough to acquire a collection of shoes that is focused and of the utmost quality in my mind, chiefly AFIs from 1982-2002. 

I still have everything, but I just don't have much activity going on as far as shoes.  My current lifestyle entails riding my bicycle everywhere, so it is very difficult to keep sneakers really fresh, and my studio apartment doesn't allow too much space for useless things (the bulk of my collection is at my parents' house).  I don't read Niketalk anymore or try to keep up, so most of what I see comes from the KicksHawaii/St Alfred and CrookedTongues emails I receive; I don't like the majority of what I see and have been seeing for the last several years.  The only recent AFIs I am aware of that are of slight interest are these new "workboot" lows, but again they aren't very well suited to my lifestyle so I can easily forgo purchasing them.  I have not bought or sold anything in a long time.  I was happy to pick up a lightly used pair of the Safari AFI lows this summer in Portland, and I still have some pretty awesome AFIs that I do wear from time to time (the oldest ones that I wear are from 1989!).  The only other thing that really excited me recently was the Vandal Vintage, I love strapping up some silver moon boots and they look good beat up! 

Sneakers will always be important to me, but they are just something that doesn't take up a lot of my time or money anymore.  They still come up frequently in conversation; if I'm meeting someone new, trying to help a female get to know me or something, of course the honest answer will include the fact that I love sneakers and have maybe a hundred pairs, most of which I will never wear.  I do try to stress to people that this is who I am, but not what I do anymore, and it is largely in my past although it will always be me.  It is still fun to look back and to show people the Sole Collector AFI issue I was in, people still go nuts looking at my Facebook albums of sneakers, etc.  So much love to all of you who are keeping it going more than I am, and don't give up the hunt I suppose!

MaZA43VeR14, incredible pickup on those red canvas highs...and they just had to be my size 
eyes.gif

grin.gif
  If that kind of stuff was still consistently available, maybe I'd still be around.

damn, it's ruffin!!
next year imma try and do some kind of af1 collection post. i've slowed down alot and i've liked what converse has been doing more than nike in recent years. would be nice to dig out my stuff and take some current pics. maybe get me on the hunt again. 

very dope man, much respect. thank you for dropping in. I was waiting for an email but I thought about it and I was like "damn he's that done with shoes that he doesn't even use that email anymore" btw this is the new SN I just knew you would remember ITSMEDALLAS.

I'm glad you didn't come in here saying that collecting sneakers is childish or some crap. Most old heads will turn into being those guys and basically forget all about their past. I feel the same way man, I feel like this will always be a part of me and I doubt I'll ever stop buying shoes. I have slowed down and probably will continue to slow down even more but this will always be a part of me. This is just who I am and I will always love to have a fresh pair of kicks on my feet. This is my hobby and the hobby that I know the best. I will never turn back and call someone childish for doing a hobby they like or collecting something they like. Again thanks for coming in here bro. I'm sure alot of us wondered about your whereabouts.

Erving- very dope stuff dude. those Pine green canvas joints and taiwans are so freakin sick! very nice collection you are brewing up right there sir, keep it up

WEAR THEM!!!
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Thanks for the comments guys.

Originally Posted by ten2eleven

Erving- very dope stuff dude. those Pine green canvas joints and taiwans are so freakin sick! very nice collection you are brewing up right there sir, keep it up

WEAR THEM!!!
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Thanks for the comments guys.

Yea i shoudve stuck it out with Erv haha. How do you spell it again?
embarassed.gif

But anyways wear your shoes man. Nobody will ever know about your jewels unless you bring them out. Its like having nice rims and leaving them in your garage and not putting them on your whip

those Pine green canvas joints are so freakin sick! 

I concur.  and my size, too.  would love to own those one day...

those felt Laker lows look disgusting to me. 

Organized - nice pickups. 

Hey Ruffin, I never knew you had such an intense collection.  Probably because I didn't get into af1s until 07ish.  I was Jordan collector but due to not being a follower and unoriginal person, I quickly switched over to something I felt more people had a passion for.  Today my collection is 90% air force 1s.  I requested you on facebook.

Yesterday..

i want safety orange's so badly, one of the nicest force's i've ever seen, along with the orange canvas high's.

anyone else here getting sick of fake shoes coming in the 95-99 boxes on ebay? my heart jumps every time i see the thumbnail

ruffin- glad to see you post in here again man. 
smile.gif
i feel the same way about some of the things you mentioned. i've been buying sneakers since i was 15, and like a lot of others i haven't been buying nearly as much as i used to, just saving my buys for the real good stuff and keeping the impulse buys minimum to none. so it is definitely a part of who i am, although it's a little different now like you said with growing up and having real responsibilities and such, simultaneously with nike releasing a bunch of crap over the last few years. it definitely does get to me sometimes but i can't keep away from it. i'll always be a hardcore af1 fan.
gonna check your fb too.

do different year air forces mean they fit differently? for example comparing a sz10 2005 low and a sz10 2001 low. hopefully that question makes sense.

Organized - seems like fit can be really inconsistent with Nike, regardless of the year/model. I have some air max runners that were released a year apart or within the same year that fit completely different. I can span 10.5-12 in different AMs. forces seem slightly more consistent. I pretty much wear 10.5 or 11 in all AF1's, and I've never experienced any blatant disparity in sizing. I have pairs from 97-07. off the top of my head, I can say that my '97 jewels size 11 fit just a little tighter than the '04 JD's I'm wearing today (also size 11). not sure if that helps at all. good luck.

HK - long time no see man, hope all is good with you.

Originally Posted by denverairforce

Organized - seems like fit can be really inconsistent with Nike, regardless of the year/model. I have some air max runners that were released a year apart or within the same year that fit completely different. I can span 10.5-12 in different AMs. forces seem slightly more consistent. I pretty much wear 10.5 or 11 in all AF1's, and I've never experienced any blatant disparity in sizing. I have pairs from 97-07. off the top of my head, I can say that my '97 jewels size 11 fit just a little tighter than the '04 JD's I'm wearing today (also size 11). not sure if that helps at all. good luck.

HK - long time no see man, hope all is good with you.

thanks for the helpful insight. i guess i noticed that a sz10.5 that i have fit almost like a 10 although its a bit wider but the length of the shoe is nearly if not identical to another shoe of the same year.

did anyone here win this? the very og af1, where it all began

and there's a sz 9 white/silver/clear bottom af1 B mid on the bay too.

Back
Top Bottom