..:: TEAM AIR FORCE 1 ::.. Official Thread... Vol. 5

what's up team. hope everyone had a good holiday.

i've been working on a little something for the last week or so...
the tooth whitening gel method works! amazingly well might i add.

here's a pair of all white high's from 2001 that i've been working on.

before and after shots -

and a close-up without flash so you can actually see how big of a difference it really made.

these results are after about 4 applications of the gel.
not done with them yet, have the outside of the right shoe and inside of the left shoe to do still.
also did up my carbons that were previously sea-glowed and slightly yellowed again, and those whitened back up after 2 or 3 applications.

huge thanks to kev for the tips!
just thought i'd share
smile.gif

Nice highs tranch, need a pair of those
smokin.gif

The gel idea sounds really good, let us know how long the midsoles stay white.

Originally Posted by MaZA4eVeR14

Un DS'd red bobbito his last night....

Did the same... Lol

and I've been less than impressed by the Forces Sheed has been wearing lately...
Forest Green/White (like the old McHale Forces)... White/Forest Green.... Hell, even the old Black/White Sheeds will do...

Will the DJ Premier AF1s be available anywhere in SoCal? I only ask because HOH LA doesn't appear on the list of the HOH's that are set to releasethem.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by G to tha T

The gel idea sounds really good, let us know how long the midsoles stay white.
I need to know this so I do my Carolina nubucks and give my cones a bit of this too..

Originally Posted by ksmith4768

and I've been less than impressed by the Forces Sheed has been wearing lately...
Forest Green/White (like the old McHale Forces)... White/Forest Green.... Hell, even the old Black/White Sheeds will do...
I think, and sadly to say since Sheed is my fav player, that his ones are slipping ever since the oversized logo.. Need to go back to simplicitywith that and the right color blocking..

Those sheeds are
pimp.gif

and here are the retailers selling DJ Primos
The DJ Premier Air Force 1 will be available at:
HOUSE OF HOOPS HARLEM
268 W 125TH STREET
New York, NY 10027
(212) 316-1667
HOUSE OF HOOPS CHICAGO
7501 W CERMAK RD STE G7
North Riverside, IL 60546
(708) 447-2060
HOUSE OF HOOPS CHERRY HILL MALL
2000 ROUTE 38
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
(856) 662-8313
HOUSE OF HOOPS MALL AT PRINCE GEORGES
3500 E WEST HWY
Hyattsville, MD 20782
(301) 853-6054
HOUSE OF HOOPS NORTHLINE COMMONS
4400B NORTH FREEWAY
Houston, TX 770223645
(713) 699-4472

^HOHLA's gettin' the shaft on this release. I don't think they're getting the AM dunks either.
mad.gif

I need those Primo's...hands down my favorite hip-hop producer of all-time.
pimp.gif

Nice results tr4nch. I've been looking for a method that looks as effective as that and nice highs as well.

m tr4nch - Those came out good!! How long do you leave each application on and about how many boxes or gel kits do you go throughper shoe? Another question, I know you have Patent 96. Seems like the sole on mine gets crumbly and gets all over the Patent, does that happen to yours andwhats a good way to keep the Patent shiny and clean. Thanks in advance.

GT, ddouble - thanks!
kush - sea glow should work on any clear rubber.

Originally Posted by pUreRetr05

m tr4nch - Those came out good!! How long do you leave each application on and about how many boxes or gel kits do you go through per shoe? Another question, I know you have Patent 96. Seems like the sole on mine gets crumbly and gets all over the Patent, does that happen to yours and whats a good way to keep the Patent shiny and clean. Thanks in advance.

thanks bro. i have been putting the gel on at night and leaving it on overnight, then brushing it off under running water with a toothbrush the next afternoon,and repeat it again that night. i've only bought one tube of the stuff so far and have done like 3 applications to one side of one shoe of my carbons, 4applications on those white high's (one inner side and one outer side, essentially halfway done), and 2 applications on one inner side and one outer sideof a pair of dunks. so add that up and i've done about 15 applications on half of a midsole of one shoe. i still have a little bit left in the tube, andhonestly the first time i tried it, i really squeezed a whole crap load out not knowing i didn't need that much. so the tube will last you a while.i'll prob pick up another one soon just in case.

as far as the patents go, what do you mean it gets crumbly? like that white powdery crap? (such as the stuff on black soles?) honestly i haven't touched mypatents in yearrrrs, i think i wore them once about 6 years ago, and i only took them out of the box one other time since then for a pic. so idk, it might bethe soles drying out. on older pairs i notice this a lot. to me when you touch it, it feels like when you touch deodorant and you rub your fingers together andit has that weird dry feeling.
laugh.gif
the shine sponge/silicone oil trickshould help with that. as for keeping the black patent clean, all i've really done was use a wet paper towel and wipe it down. usually does the trick.

Originally Posted by dkballer22

Niketown los angeles will sell the dj premier af1's.
Thank you!

I've been hoping to find some SoCal info regarding the Premier's.

m tr4nch and itsmedallas thanks for the info!!

m tr4nch - Yeah, it does have that dry deodorant feel to it. I slammed the shoe on thetable and shoe had dandruff.
laugh.gif
But I can't complain shoes are almost14 years old.

Size 10.5- Linens on Napsize for $503 but it says yellowed. I would love to try the gel trick on that but to bad I am broke.

pUreRetr05 wrote:
Size 10.5- Linens on Napsize for $503 but it says yellowed. I would love to try the gel trick on that but to bad I am broke.

if you woulda came off those dandruff babies you wouldn't be. -__-

Originally Posted by loonyrobert

pUreRetr05 wrote:

laugh.gif
I didn't want to sell you a pair of dandruff, old andyellowed pair of shoes. I wouldn't feel right.

Its all good. I rather get a non yellow pair of ________
wink.gif
then a yellowedpair of Linens and it is pretty much the same price.

Originally Posted by pUreRetr05

Originally Posted by loonyrobert

pUreRetr05 wrote:

laugh.gif
I didn't want to sell you a pair of dandruff, old and yellowed pair of shoes. I wouldn't feel right.

Its all good. I rather get a non yellow pair of ________
wink.gif
then a yellowed pair of Linens and it is pretty much the same price.

I wouldn't mind a pair of those in that condition. And I agree about your buy.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom