Taxi 12's - December '13

^^^ Exactly. Even with customs fees talied in, it's still below reseller prices. I honestly don't get the uproar over this.
Good pickups y'all; I still need that solid size 13/12.5 though.

^^^ Exactly. Even with customs fees talied in, it's still below reseller prices. I honestly don't get the uproar over this.
Good pickups y'all; I still need that solid size 13/12.5 though.
The uproar is that I'm not paying over $250 for any shoe....that's the uproar. Either I get them for retail or $250 is my max. I live by that....and my collection is extensive! Be patient because they will restock at some point. Or I will find a near deadstock steal on eBay....it's happened numerous times for me and high profile releases. To each his own.

OK and what if you don't pay it. Not like they have any other info on you besides address, I could have put a diff name.
I know with my UPS customs fees invoice they sent me, I didn't pay it for a couple months so they sent  their collection company after me 
mean.gif
 I paid it though simply because at some point down the road I would have another shipment via them and who knows what they'd do to my parcel with me still oweing them money
nerd.gif

I got my order from Dope and paid a $60 customs fee... I called UPS since I didn't receive any bill or anything.  The UPS driver told me that I owed that much and I had to write out a check on the spot or refuse the package...  I asked him if I would be charged with some fees or charges for returning them.  He wasn't sure since it's not his department but said that I would probably have to pay a restocking fee to the shipper....

I forked up the cash but lesson learned.. I don't think I'll be buying overseas again.  There's no invoice or receipt saying how much they charged you for this and that... They can charge me whatever they please?... etc.

I'd rather buy it within the US and avoid not knowing how much I'll actually pay for a pair of kicks... smh

Last edited:

I got my order from Dope and paid a $60 customs fee... I called UPS since I didn't receive any bill or anything.  The UPS driver told me that I owed that much and I had to write out a check on the spot or refuse the package...  I asked him if I would be charged with some fees or charges for returning them.  He wasn't sure since it's not his department but said that I would probably have to pay a restocking fee to the shipper....

I forked up the cash but lesson learned.. I don't think I'll be buying overseas again.  There's no invoice or receipt saying how much they charged you for this and that... They can charge me whatever they please?... etc.

I'd rather buy it within the US and avoid not knowing how much I'll actually pay for a pair of kicks... smh
Yeah, they came to my place Wednesday and told my mom it was 49.80, so I just had them hold it at their facility til I got back in to town. Went to the facility today to pick up, and they told me there was no fee. Signed for it, and got out of there ASAP!

Has anyone gotten custome fee's from Sneakersnstuff ?
Honestly, I think you'll get hit with customs fees from wherever you order (overseas).  They have to inspect/overlook every package that gets into the US.  I'm sure they miss some here and there.  They also probably know which are legit and which are suspicious.  IMO it just depends if you're lucky or not..

Yeah, they came to my place Wednesday and told my mom it was 49.80, so I just had them hold it at their facility til I got back in to town. Went to the facility today to pick up, and they told me there was no fee. Signed for it, and got out of there ASAP!
Lucky you! haha.. Don't be surprised if they mail you a bill though.  Someone else here mentioned they were billed.  Supposedly, it's the US government charging the fees and UPS paying for it.  Then UPS comes to you to get the funds.  I think it hits your credit if you don't pay for it either.  They might have contacted DF and spoke to them about it?  Idk, there's several possibilities.  Hopefully they don't bill you.  

All this customs and taxes are BS.  They should go after the "bigger picture" (Drugs, Trafficking, Laundering, etc.).  This is petty change...  I'm just really salty that I had to pay the fees lol.. 

I made the mistake of ordering from Dope Factory and it has become an absolute nightmare. I got hit with the $49.80 UPS fee, and upon actually receiving my shoes yesterday (since I wasn't home when they tried to get me to pay the first time), I received....

View media item 845741

A PAIR OF OLYMPIC VII's

They say they do have the same size in the Taxi's left and will undervalue the shipment so I don't get hit with the fees supposedly, but they're making me pay to ship the other pair back to them and will supposedly reimburse me. I don't want to get into a big dispute with this company, but right now I'm looking at $300+ after shipping back to them and HOPING they do the right thing and reimburse my shipping. I'm also wary of what they can do to me from overseas if I don't return the Olympic VII's at my own expense. To my knowledge they can't just charge my paypal account.

Also: these fees are imposed by the U.S. government based on the declared value. Before, most prices would fall in right around $200 or less. However, with retros now costing $185 with tax here, any kind of currency conversion to Euros or Pounds will push a pair of retros over $200. I should have realized this to begin with and bought a $240 pair locally last week. So like many of you, I have learned my lesson and will no longer be purchasing any Jordan retro from European retailers.

I have a pair coming in on monday...if the fee is 25 or so no big deal....if its 50 to 60 that package is being returned to sender

I made the mistake of ordering from Dope Factory and it has become an absolute nightmare. I got hit with the $49.80 UPS fee, and upon actually receiving my shoes yesterday (since I wasn't home when they tried to get me to pay the first time), I received....

A PAIR OF OLYMPIC VII's

They say they do have the same size in the Taxi's left and will undervalue the shipment so I don't get hit with the fees supposedly, but they're making me pay to ship the other pair back to them and will supposedly reimburse me. I don't want to get into a big dispute with this company, but right now I'm looking at $300+ after shipping back to them and HOPING they do the right thing and reimburse my shipping. I'm also wary of what they can do to me from overseas if I don't return the Olympic VII's at my own expense. To my knowledge they can't just charge my paypal account.

Also: these fees are imposed by the U.S. government based on the declared value. Before, most prices would fall in right around $200 or less. However, with retros now costing $185 with tax here, any kind of currency conversion to Euros or Pounds will push a pair of retros over $200. I should have realized this to begin with and bought a $240 pair locally last week. So like many of you, I have learned my lesson and will no longer be purchasing any Jordan retro from European retailers.
Damn that's funny and sucks at the same time fam I'm sorry about that. Tbh I would keep them though I love me some Olympics. But ofcourse you expectin some taxi's

Thing is they are 220 shipped. ..16 euros of that was shipping. ..so the item total should be under 200

View media item 845746

Damn that's funny and sucks at the same time fam I'm sorry about that. Tbh I would keep them though I love me some Olympics. But ofcourse you expectin some taxi's

If you were local id trade my taxis for the Olympics. At least you ended up with a decent pair and not some pair that's still sitting on the shelves.

What box did you get ? DF needs to double check their orders, especially if they're shipping overseas.

View media item 845746

If you were local id trade my taxis for the Olympics. At least you ended up with a decent pair and not some pair that's still sitting on the shelves.

What box did you get ? DF needs to double check their orders, especially if they're shipping overseas.
I already have two pairs of Olympics. I haven't had Taxi's on my feet since 1998. They're sending the Taxi's, but they simply packaged the wrong shoe. It came in the olympic box, it was marked as olympics, it had a price tag from their store on it. They just sent me the wrong thing. At this point I just don't feel like paying to ship the Olympics back to them, and I'm wondering what will happen if I don't. It's pretty terrible customer service to tell me I have to ship them back myself and tell me there's no discount coming my way for all the trouble. Oh and they were nice enough to remind me customs are my own problem and their price is fair. Which was odd since they told me they would purposely undervalue the new shipment. Why can they do that now and not in the first place (or not at all)?

Last edited:
I already have two pairs of Olympics. I haven't had Taxi's on my feet since 1998. They're sending the Taxi's, but they simply packaged the wrong shoe. It came in the olympic box, it was marked as olympics, it had a price tag from their store on it. They just sent me the wrong thing. At this point I just don't feel like paying to ship the Olympics back to them, and I'm wondering what will happen if I don't. It's pretty terrible customer service to tell me I have to ship them back myself and tell me there's no discount coming my way for all the trouble. Oh and they were nice enough to remind me customs are my own problem and their price is fair. Which was odd since they told me they would purposely undervalue the new shipment. Why can they do that now and not in the first place (or not at all)?
Yea that sounds like horrible customer service. I'm glad I didn't order from them. They should pay for return shipping AND undervalue the shipment to avoid customs

Thing is they are 220 shipped. ..16 euros of that was shipping. ..so the item total should be under 200
True, a lot of the european sites declare the item's total with shipping costs which is incorrect. They are only required the item's subtotal to declare, which is without vat/tax nor shipping charges.
Also from what I have gathered, it also depends on from where the shipper submits their shipments. If done at a third party location, a customs or discharge fee is more likely. If done through a ups/dhl/fedex corporate location, a fee is less likely, although not many locations exist.
As for df, they should email customers a prepaid label for wrong shipments, anything else is unacceptable.

I missed the US release when the wife wanted a getaway weekend but now I have them thanks to DF.  
nthat.gif

Last edited:

View media item 845741

A PAIR OF OLYMPIC VII's

... They don't even got those listed on their site

A PAIR OF OLYMPIC VII's

lmao damn, sorry bro.

at least they look legit :smile:

Back
Top Bottom