Super Soaker Creator Gets $72.9M from Hasbro

$72.9 MM from sales that have approached almost $1B? 

Am I reading that right? Seems like he should have gotten more. 

Man if you ain't have a supersoaker back in the day it was quiet for you. No other watergun came remotely close. If you had the joint with the backpack you were a god.

Dude around my way came through the block one summer with the XP joint that had the backpack... Sent everybody in the house :lol:

I read about dude a few years ago in Engineering Orientation at school... Always thought it was cool that a black engineer played such an integral part in our childhood...

And yes, I think he deserves more $$ than what they settled for...

$72.9 MM from sales that have approached almost $1B? 

Am I reading that right? Seems like he should have gotten more. 

royalties. not sales. He sued for unpaid royalties. He could still be getting percentage of sales or other cashflow from them. he just wants all he is owed. It's one man again departments of patent lawyers though. Companies staff hundreds of people to avoid taxes and patent liability. Anything to make as much money as possible.

Son i use to come out guns blazing! I remember this one dude from upstairs name Derek would have the best super soakers in the block.

This dude walk down the stairs from my building and kick the door mad hard and scream " YA THIRSTY" and start wetting everyone in the block.

The ones with the tank in the back? GOD!

Super Soaker 2000 sent all them **** boys runnin down the block :pimp:

CPS_2000.jpg

also, to add, Lady GAGA's former manager is a black man. didnt know that at all.

Troy Carter - tech investor

Learned about him back in college at an african american inventors exhibit

Man if you ain't have a supersoaker back in the day it was quiet for you. No other watergun came remotely close. If you had the joint with the backpack you were a god.

Dude around my way came through the block one summer with the XP joint that had the backpack... Sent everybody in the house
laugh.gif

Joint was the Tommy Gun of water guns lol. Spray the block, literally.

Black inventors appreciation thread ...

I aineem mad...

Do kids still play with these?

I'm surprised people are just knowing he was black. I remember learning about him and other folk like that on discovery/history/TLC back in the 90s. Then again those channels are nothing like they used to be, so i'll retract that, i'm not surprised.

Black man
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Dude around my way came through the block one summer with the XP joint that had the backpack... Sent everybody in the house
laugh.gif

No doubt.  If you have the joint with the backpack you were Omar from The Wire coming down the block. 

Back
Top Bottom