Super Soaker Creator Gets $72.9M from Hasbro

View media item 645031
Super Soaker water gun created Lonnie Johnson, was awarded $73 million in unpaid royalties from giant toy maker Hasbro.
Johnson, who founded the Atlanta-based company behind the Super Soaker, filed a lawsuit against Hasbro for underpaid royalties in the sales of the wildly popular water gun, according to the AJC.com.

From AJC.com:
Johnson Research and Development was founded by nuclear engineer, Tuskegee University Ph.D. and former NASA scientist Lonnie Johnson in 1989. It was the same year Johnson first licensed the Super Soaker, which generated more than $200 million in retail sales two years later, the company said. The toy was licensed to Larami Corp., which was later purchased by Hasbro.
Johnson holds more than 80 patents, with more than 20 pending, the company said, which said sales of the Super Soaker have approached nearly $1 billion.
He moved to Atlanta in 1990 before his Super Soaker invention made him wealthy. His inventions have included rechargeable battery technology and thermodynamic energy conversion technology.

>that smile

he knew he was a winner even when getting screwed.

great way to return the favor to Hasbro, i bet he had that smile walking out the court room :pimp: :pimp:

i love these guns as a kid and begged my parents to cop me one but they never did :smh:

Last edited:

Black man
pimp.gif
#feltgoodman... When I opened it and seen it was a brother...

Wish this guy got more praise... 20 patents? Millionaire inventor?

I'd rather my son look up to this guy as opposed to Tyga or Derrick Rose.

pimp.gif

Edit: drose is cool... I take that back...
why does his skin color make you guys feel some type of way?'

If he was a really dark indian that looked black would you still throw up a 
pimp.gif
 for him?

i knew he was black a LONG time ago actually, srs.

growin up my folks always schooled me on black culture an i was involved with the church/events within my community black history, kwanzaa, the amistad foundation in CT, just to name a few

def a part of who and why i am who i am today

ill just stop before i go on a rant about black america today

If he was a really dark indian that looked black would you still throw up a :pimp:  for him?
if he was a really dark Indian, I would have thrown up the :pimp:...

It just wouldn't have given me the warm feeling I got when I seen it was a brother

Too many times, stories of the brothers involve negativity or hood stuff... This is exposure of a successful SMART black man...

That got his through his brains... Not what every little black kid is fed (athlete rapper drug dealer or physical labor)

Which deserves an extra :pimp:

Last edited:
If he was a really dark indian that looked black would you still throw up a :pimp:  for him?

ill answer this

YES a black inventor does make me feel some type of way, i found that out at a black history program back in the 90s actually an bein young an owning a super soaker that i loved an wanted had an impact on me

especially when i knew of this at such a young age, not in 2013 like some of my fellow 20+ NTrs who just found out

and to expand on that minorities in general also, personally i love to know about ppl of importance/history of all cultures

an i love diversity period, part of why i love this community

carry on

if he was a really dark Indian, I would have thrown up the :pimp:...

It just wouldn't have given me the warm feeling I got when I seen it was a brother

Too many times, stories of the brothers involve negativity or hood stuff... This is exposure of a successful SMART black man...

That got his through his brains... Not what every little black kid is fed (athlete rapper drug dealer or physical labor)

Which deserves an extra :pimp:

well said Fontaine

While we're on the topic...
[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]Squirt Gun Fanboy Collects Every Super Soaker Ever[/h1]
original.jpg

This dude, for some unholy reason, owns every Super Soaker ever. I can't imagine anyone being insane enough to hunt down some 1988 special edition Super Soaker, but evidently, this guy is. Sure, this ventures into the world of strange, but we all have our own unhealthy obsessions, right?
pimp.gif

Man if you ain't have a supersoaker back in the day it was quiet for you. No other watergun came remotely close. If you had the joint with the backpack you were a god.

Man this thread is making me reminisce. If it were summer I'd go buy one right now.

From my hometown too :pimp: but if course no one really knows him because he's not a rapper or athlete. Definitely someone to look up to.

pimp.gif
 for him?
if he was a really dark Indian, I would have thrown up the
pimp.gif

Which deserves an extra
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
  for him?
ill answer this

YES a black inventor does make me feel some type of way, i found that out at a black history program back in the 90s actually an bein young an owning a super soaker that i loved an wanted had an impact on me

especially when i knew of this at such a young age, not in 2013 like some of my fellow 20+ NTrs who just found out

and to expand on that minorities in general also, personally i love to know about ppl of importance/history of all cultures

an i love diversity period, part of why i love this community

carry on
pimp.gif

he got screwed over in the end. that 73 million he just got was worth alot more back then than now.

I remember when my dad got me my first one. My mom and sister were out shopping, and when they came back we let them have it.

I miss my childhood. :frown:

Back
Top Bottom