SUPER BOWL 50 Thread | Broncos win 3rd Lombardi | Von Miller MVP | Coldplay Kilt it |

Who you got?

• Broncos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Panthers

• Dont eem care...just give me a good *** game

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
These arbitrary comparisons are always pointless. There's no real barometer to base these statements and arguments off of. This Broncos team went 12-4, clinched the #1 seed in the AFC, beat the Patriots in the AFCCG, and won the Super Bowl against a team that everyone said they were going to lose to. All this after benching Peyton halfway through the season, then benching his back-up because he was playing even worse than Peyton was (which was awful to begin with). This Denver defense is absolutely stacked, just give credit where credit is due and move on.

Last edited:
Worse performance. Ben 05 or Peyton last night? :lol:

And Denver offense wasn't this horrific all year long

Last edited:
Peyton. At least Ben had a rushing TD.

But yeah, Randle El was a better QB than Ben that day :lol:

about time Payton got carried. Dude has been doing the carrying all his career.

Yes Peyton having to carry Marvin Harrison, Edgerrin James, Reggie Wayne, Jeff Saturday, Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis, Bob Sanders and that coach Tony Dungy.

Last edited:
to be fair, Peyton did put together a couple decent drives. he could have been worse. although all those stalled end zone drives were pretty bad.

Peyton didn't carry those indi teams single-handedly but he had to step up and win games. something he didn't have to do this year.

Last edited:
one last thing. since people continuously argue you need to win championships to be considered great, and use that to discredit people like Marino or even Peyton because he had only won one, all those people have no choice but to give credit to Peyton for winning a second championship.

me personally I realize football requires a team more than any other sport, so someone can be great without any rings (Barry, Marino) and vice versa.

The second ring is a nice way to go out for Peyton, but I don't think the outcome of last night's game could have added or taken away from his legacy. Everyone knows he was just along for the ride this year.

These arbitrary comparisons are always pointless. There's no real barometer to base these statements and arguments off of. This Broncos team went 12-4, clinched the #1 seed in the AFC, beat the Patriots in the AFCCG, and won the Super Bowl against a team that everyone said they were going to lose to. All this after benching Peyton halfway through the season, then benching his back-up because he was playing even worse than Peyton was (which was awful to begin with). This Denver defense is absolutely stacked, just give credit where credit is due and move on.

Yes Peyton having to carry Marvin Harrison, Edgerrin James, Reggie Wayne, Jeff Saturday, Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis, Bob Sanders and that coach Tony Dungy.
glad you know the team. Im sure the qb didn't play any part in making them great. Oh BTW, how was their defense and how many points did they have to score to be competitive?

But yeah, that's like saying Montana was only great because ... well ... you win ... you win .... I just refuses to do this with you.

Last edited:
Yeah a lot of those Colts defenses were Charmin soft.

Of course he had talent around him, but it doesn't take away from the fact that Peyton was absolutely electric in Indy.

Yeah a lot of those Colts defenses were Charmin soft.

Of course he had talent around him, but it doesn't take away from the fact that Peyton was absolutely electric in Indy.
the stupidity you hear sometimes man.. people will say the dumbest things to disagree or discredit a great QB and all his accolades. Everyone knows Payton carry those teams and made those receiver all-stars.

The argument is just ....

Peyton in his prime was :pimp:

Prime Peyton is the GOAT. People forget just how crazy the stats he put up were man. Those colts defenses were terrible most of the time. Bob Sanders is still my fav player on defense ever tho. Dude was such a monster pre injuries

The narrative that for once in his career that his teammates picked up the slack while he struggled is real. Didn't think about it that way until it was brought up.

Last edited:
glad you know the team. Im sure the qb didn't play any part in making them great. Oh BTW, how was their defense and how many points did they have to score to be competitive?

But yeah, that's like saying Montana was only great because ... well ... you win ... you win .... I just refuses to do this with you.

You must have forgot the defense carrying his team the year he won his first ring

I'm fine giving Peyton his respect and acknowledging him as an all time great and top 5 ever to play. But I don't see how he passes Montana and/or Brady with his performance this season and playoff run.

I mean the Colts did have a top 10 scoring defense 5 times while Peyton was there.

Including one season where they finished as the top scoring defense.

I think after Montana, they're all in a similar realm, Brady has the most playoff success, but he's a cheater. Elway and Manning are on the same level, Peyton may very the slight edge cause of his regular season prowess.

Does the cheating label not apply when there's HGH possibly involved or is it exclusive?

Last edited:
1st time offender allegedly. This is Brady's 3rd or 4th accusation by association with the Pats.

Back
Top Bottom