SUPER BOWL 50 Thread | Broncos win 3rd Lombardi | Von Miller MVP | Coldplay Kilt it |

Who you got?

• Broncos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Panthers

• Dont eem care...just give me a good *** game

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[quote name="DCMADE"]If we're being objective I would have no prob picking the Carolinas D over Denvers all things being equal

Don't really think that's outlandish or a crazy claim[/quote]It's not.

But yesterday, Denver's defense was better.

How Cam got this far with those recievers is beyond me :lol: :x

Yeah I dont like giving drops as an excuse but damn.:lol:

Most of Cam passes were hitting them right in the hands and chest, they didnt have to break stride or reach out at all like real drops :lol:

Not the kind where the receiver is running a fly route and has to reach out to the grasp the Football and drops it.

Last edited:
This fool Phil Simms said he was throwing the ball too hard :x

They were both excellent but Denver's D actually scored and considering the circumstances coming into the game to hold that offense to 10 points was amazing. Broncos O had been struggle city all season long.

[quote name="Mamba MVP"]They were both excellent but Denver's D actually scored and... to hold that offense to 10 points was amazing.[/quote]All there is to it.

That Denver defense is the closest thing ive seen to the 2000 Ravens. Incredible

Agreed.

Right there with seahawks super bowl year.. As thorough a defensive unit I've seen, top to bottom, including Wade Phillips...

Was a pleasure to watch this year..

Last edited:
I don't want to go crazy homer and this was a great performance.  But considering the competition I don't think you can compare this Broncos D to the Seahawks 2013 Super Bowl game.  That was the "greatest offense of all time".  This Carolina team had a great regular season but definitely had O-line, pass-catcher and RB holes that were exploited in a big way.  They really didn't pose matchup problems at any position on offense outside of Quarterback.

They went through the top 3 offenses in the league during the playoffs though. Don't think anyone was comparing their SB performance to you guys,just the overall seasons of dominance 

Last edited:

They went through the top 3 offenses in the league during the playoffs though. Don't think anyone was comparing their SB performance to you guys,just the overall seasons of dominance 
They did, that's true.  They had stars at every level and won with pretty much no QB play.  Great season for Wade Phillips.

Revisionist past but I wonder if this Denver team could have won in Foxboro?

Another scenario...how different would the match up have been with a healthy AB?

Denver defense had a legendary playoff run

But the top three, top five all time comments

No...just no

Revisionist past but I wonder if this Denver team could have won in Foxboro?

Another scenario...how different would the match up have been with a healthy AB?
That's the game.  

Without that fumble by Pittsburgh rookie we probably lose that game. Adding AB? I think we take that L but it don't matter cause we the champs :pimp:

This Broncos defense played one of the better games I have seen last night.  Props. 

But the problem I have with comparing this team with the Ravens of 2000, the Seahawks of the last couple years, etc. is the fact that this Denver defense was NOT consistent all season long.  Regardless of what the reasoning for that may be, they simply did not dominate the entire year like other great defenses of the past.  Did they own the playoffs?  Absolutely.   But they were not a dominant defense all season long, which is what sets those all time great defenses like the Ravens and Seahawks apart from this defense.

Just my 2 cents...

[QUOTE name="beyondmeasure" url="[URL]http://niketalk.com/t/643381/super-bowl-50-thread-broncos-win-3rd-lombardi-von-miller-mvp-coldplay-kilt-it/3060#post_25143993[/URL]"]
[thread="643381"]​[/thread]
[QUOTE name="KingFoamNYC" url="[URL]http://niketalk.com/t/643381/super-bowl-50-thread-broncos-win-3rd-lombardi-von-miller-mvp-coldplay-kilt-it/3060#post_25143845[/URL]"]
That Denver defense is the closest thing ive seen to the 2000 Ravens. Incredible

Most definitely. 
Y'all gotta chill with these comments :lol: [/QUOTE]

I'll say it and that's the team I root for so... I give props when its due

They showed the stat last night and it was identical to that 2000 Ravens defense...
[/quote]

Don't mind A55in dude been hating all night/day on our GOAT defense

Back
Top Bottom