STREET FIGHTER 4!

Wow sum1 got banned cuz of SF4? Horrible
laugh.gif

Most NT cats are weak straight up. You guys should start playing SF4 with the preschoolers if you can't handle basics.

It's going to be funny when the rest of the fighting games go online later this year... it's going to be like this in almost every topic.

I can't believe that you can just quit of a ranked match and you don't get any punishment whatsoever. Even in the old XBLA Street Fighter II that cameout like 2 years ago, if you quit, you get an L and the other guy gets the W. In SFIV, nothing happens. What the hell were they thinking when they made thisfeature. Today, I lost 3 straight games and took my losses like a man and just as I was about to win one the guy quits on me in the last seconds. And then hesends me a PM to justify him quitting, saying because I played cheap or whatever. What a *!%@#@+%%. I could find an excuse for every game I ever lost on SF. Ican't remember the last time someone beat me where I just said "Okay, he was flat out better, he beat me hands down, no excuse whatsoever". I canalways find some excuse to make myself feel better about the loss. But at least I don't quit.

Originally Posted by ericescobar

if anyone here doesn't know how to throw, PM me. I'll teach you how

Can't you just make a button for throwing? I don't use LK a lot, so I made that button into the throw button.

MarkMan23 wrote:
It's going to be funny when the rest of the fighting games go online later this year... it's going to be like this in almost every topic.

laugh.gif
Damn right u already know.

Tekken 6
pimp.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by DC5 06

What's going on in here?

SF4 = serious business

e beefing over street fighter ...
every loses ... work on ur weakness and get better ...
laugh.gif
@ the past few pages

aubstuh86- seriously, what's your problem man. you're obviously a street fighter noob, don't you know street fighter is a gentleman's game?playing to win=cheesing! you aren't allowed to throw, and if you do- you have to apologize and let your opponent throw you back!
/sarcasm

seriously though. the cheesing argument pretty much shows the divide between who is trying to get better and who isn't. i'd like to think everyone hasa strategy when playing this game. if you go into a match and execute your strategy and it's working, you keep using it til you win, right? but for some ofyall it seems like when someone else uses their strategy and it wrecks you, you call it cheesing and throw a fit. take the L, learn from it, and figure outwhat got you into that position and don't do it again.

also, im not that good, not claiming to be, but i take every L in stride and try to learn from it instead of screaming "OMG CHEESER" everytimesomeone hits me with a good strategy. moral of the story- street fighter=serious business.

Originally Posted by MarkMan23

Doesn't seem like you know your stuff when it comes to arcade sticks... HAPP sticks with microswitches (not leaf switches) use the SAME Omron microswitches that Sanwa sticks have. lol.

If you wanted a Happ over Sanwa, straight up, you shouldn't have purchased a TE. That's real talk. Go sell it while you still can for some extra dough and invest in a Happ stick + converter or hack your own.

If you want the closest thing to a Happ, the best alternative is to get a Seimitsu LS56 with circular (not octagonal) restrictor and have the flat VF style mounting plate.
grin.gif

First off, I never said Happ doesn't use microswitches... You should know that, assuming your reading comprehension is good as you quote me.

And, doesn't seem like you know your arcade stuff. Sanwa uses different microswitches [Omron] from Happ. Happ's cherry microswitches are known to haveless problems than Sanwa's.

And who the hell are you to tell me I shouldn't have purchased a TE when I know what's inside and I know how to mod?

Even though I like a Happ joystick, I'm more than just fine with the TEs and their implemented Sanwa sticks. I can get down with either manufacturer.

Know what you're talking about if you're trying to put someone in their place. "That's real talk."
grin.gif

Edit ----//> All I'm trying to do is make my Sanwa into an 8-way with a bat-top in the most cost-efficient way...

That's it. Is that too much to ask for? Do I have to ask permission from you or what?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheHavik

Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

i have a madkatz fight stick for sale... just the ce... brand new... i just opened it and tested it to make sure it works fine and the buttons don't stick, the mic works and the whole nine ... one in a million, this one is perfect.

its for 360... taking offers on it... hit me up.

free headband with purchase
laugh.gif
pm'ed

Edit:
roll.gif
at whats going down in here
Sidenote: Abel's throw is command throw so its no diff from you fireball spammers.
AND regular throw beats command throw 100% of the time
AND you can throw abel out of his roll

P.S. I do hate people who throw all the time though.
Because then i get in the habit of trying to tech their throw and end up eating a nasty combo or ultra
Things were so much easier when it was 1 button to throw
#1. your wrong. abel's command throws beat regular throws 100000% of the time
#2. EX command throws beat normal attacks and the first few frames of shoryukens, scissor kicks, lariats, etc but does not beat regular throws
#3. rolls can be thrown out of, or jab out of.
#4. most of NT are street fighter noobs and front like they all got game, thats why im gonna stick to fighting SRK cats except for a select few on NT.
#5. most of you cats are mad and are too dumb to figure out how to get out of throws.

Originally Posted by jae oh en

aubstuh86- seriously, what's your problem man. you're obviously a street fighter noob, don't you know street fighter is a gentleman's game? playing to win=cheesing! you aren't allowed to throw, and if you do- you have to apologize and let your opponent throw you back!
/sarcasm

seriously though. the cheesing argument pretty much shows the divide between who is trying to get better and who isn't. i'd like to think everyone has a strategy when playing this game. if you go into a match and execute your strategy and it's working, you keep using it til you win, right? but for some of yall it seems like when someone else uses their strategy and it wrecks you, you call it cheesing and throw a fit. take the L, learn from it, and figure out what got you into that position and don't do it again.

also, im not that good, not claiming to be, but i take every L in stride and try to learn from it instead of screaming "OMG CHEESER" everytime someone hits me with a good strategy. moral of the story- street fighter=serious business.

QFT.. LEARN FROM IT. thats street fighter, same with chess, basketball... etc. u learn from a loss, not sit there and complain about it.

This is simply not true for Abel and Zangief.. Their command throws will beat regular throws 11 times out of 10. And they'll beat a lot of other moves aswell.. I just wonder whose command throws have higher priority, Abel's or Zangief's..

Honestly, all of yall are fighting over stupid stuff.

Isn't the whole point of Street Fighter IV and all its matches is to win? Wouldnt you do anything to win?

So what the hell is the problem with throwing all the time, or throwing fireballs and uppercuts every 5 seconds. If you cant find a way to stop it or handleit, then whats the point? Its a chess match with different strategies and there is always a strategy to beat whatever your opponent's strategy is.

Yall are whining way too much.

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

MarkMan23 wrote:

laugh.gif
Damn right u already know.

Tekken 6
pimp.gif
eek.gif

Heard that Tekken 6 will be average. Got 7 out of 10 for an arcade review..

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

Isn't the whole point of Street Fighter IV and all its matches is to win? Wouldnt you do anything to win?

So what the hell is the problem with throwing all the time, or throwing fireballs and uppercuts every 5 seconds. If you cant find a way to stop it or handle it, then whats the point? Its a chess match with different strategies and there is always a strategy to beat whatever your opponent's strategy is.

If i were to lariet you to death wouldn't you be mad?

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

This is simply not true for Abel and Zangief.. Their command throws will beat regular throws 11 times out of 10. And they'll beat a lot of other moves as well.. I just wonder whose command throws have higher priority, Abel's or Zangief's..

zangief has more range for his command throw... but i learned something from reading srk. abel's jab tornado throw (when used a few frames b4 opponentwakes up AKA meaty) BEATS EVERY REVERSAL/MOVE zangief has, even if gief reversals his ex grab, ultra, or reversal.... only thing zangief can do is guess andjump or dash out of the way, or he'll get thrown.

Originally Posted by Tony Goalie

So what the hell is the problem with throwing all the time, or throwing fireballs and uppercuts every 5 seconds. If you cant find a way to stop it or handle it, then whats the point? Its a chess match with different strategies and there is always a strategy to beat whatever your opponent's strategy is.

Hell no. Cuz Ill just come back with something to combat that. And after all, its just a game. No need to get angry and fling your damn DS3 across the room andbreak it

Originally Posted by Tony Goalie

wuttup scrub, lets play again tomorrow. nevermind, scratch that, lets not play... since ill throw u to death and u dont know how to get out of it
laugh.gif
. and that match up, gief beats abel... look at the tier chart... 7-3. u just dont know how to escape the throw. so of course ima keep throwing. and if a person gets hit with lariate repeatedly, they just plain stupid then. amonkey or some down syndromed kid would see it coming.
laugh.gif

finally copped sf4 today currently playing the game seth is a !*%*% to beat anyone wanna play on live Gamertag x22stylezx
pimp.gif

this thread has taken a turn for the worse i see... smh

let's just get it back to where it was, if you guys are not feeling another member/users comments, just overlook them, no need to reply and keep this goingon. lets be a little more mature.

the thread was about discussing tips, giving information and sharing your thoughts in regards to the game. anything else you have going on with someone, sendthem a pm and handle that on the side, so we can keep the thread open and positive please.

and ...

i'm still selling my 360 fight stick, get at me, its not the fight pad folks, i got a couple pms about it, its the arcade stick.

hollatcha girl.
smile.gif

We should really compile EVERYONES PSN and Gamertag. That list on the first doesnt really cover it all, its just for that tourney

idk why i keep losing these easy matches
smh.gif

my battle points have gone down hill since

maybe its because I am playing with a broken controller
laugh.gif

and ya cats gotta chill, I get angry as hell playing this game but I never get mad at other players.

Hate the game not the player

Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

Originally Posted by MarkMan23

Doesn't seem like you know your stuff when it comes to arcade sticks... HAPP sticks with microswitches (not leaf switches) use the SAME Omron microswitches that Sanwa sticks have. lol.

If you wanted a Happ over Sanwa, straight up, you shouldn't have purchased a TE. That's real talk. Go sell it while you still can for some extra dough and invest in a Happ stick + converter or hack your own.

If you want the closest thing to a Happ, the best alternative is to get a Seimitsu LS56 with circular (not octagonal) restrictor and have the flat VF style mounting plate.
grin.gif

First off, I never said Happ doesn't use microswitches... You should know that, assuming your reading comprehension is good as you quote me.

And, doesn't seem like you know your arcade stuff. Sanwa uses different microswitches [Omron] from Happ. Happ's cherry microswitches are known to have less problems than Sanwa's.

And who the hell are you to tell me I shouldn't have purchased a TE when I know what's inside and I know how to mod?

Even though I like a Happ joystick, I'm more than just fine with the TEs and their implemented Sanwa sticks. I can get down with either manufacturer.

Know what you're talking about if you're trying to put someone in their place. "That's real talk."
grin.gif

Edit ----//> All I'm trying to do is make my Sanwa into an 8-way with a bat-top in the most cost-efficient way...

That's it. Is that too much to ask for? Do I have to ask permission from you or what?
laugh.gif
lol, Sanwas by default ARE 8 way, but I'm sure you knew that right? 8-way/4-way is not the proper term to describe the restrictor piece. SoHapp microswitches are much more reliable right? Is that way more people prefer Sanwa now? Did I miss something?

Also... I don't care what you know about the TE, don't make it seem like I don't know about it either. I'm sure I know more about the TE thananyone here lol.

Octogonal gate on a Sanwa isn't gonna change much. It never did. It's just an excuse for people who can't play on square gates, otherwiseyou'd see it as the standard lol.

Back
Top Bottom