Stop calling us "Spanish"

Originally Posted by babylonzion

spanish & asian are just broad terms in my opinion when you don't know their specific ethnicity

what gets me about the term Asian is that we automatically assume it's either a Chinese, Japanese, Korean etc. We refer to other people from parts of Asia as Indians, Middle Eastern, Pakistani and so on.  Why is a Chinese person the Asian stereotype?

Good post OP. It offends me when folks call you all Spanish. I always correct them in the name of right doing. It annoys me and I am not even "Spanish."

black people are african american though
laugh.gif
is this real life

when was black a country

anyways asians got it worse than everyone

isn't spanish a language?
aren't people from Spain called Spaniards?

someone correct me if I'm wrong because I know Jamaicans don't speak Jamaican.

/ramble

i've noticed it's more of a regional thing. that term "spanish" is much more accepted and used in the east coast then it is in cali.

Originally Posted by Sleaze Jar Omens

Originally Posted by MARINADELREY

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

laugh.gif

#$%+@# is killers now huh.

LMFAOhide da body between da Jordan CDP boxes.

jEIyehV0S8XE6.jpg

So blatantly disrespecting my dominican heritage over & over here aintA call to arms?
grin.gif
punks in here should take solice knowing they far away fromAnyone that would check em for acting pompus behind a keyboard.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Antidope

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

it still kills me to this day that my fellow dominicans (im dominican too) deny their black heritage
laugh.gif
Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Just as long as they don't call you black huh 

Because i aint black, glad im from NY wherePeople understand da difference...i wouldve straight killed one of u a long time ago.
word?

as for using oriental in place of Asian, I remember a high school history teacher telling the class how the word 'oriental' was used when describing commodities and trade-able goods back in the late 1800's and early 1900's (like furniture, rugs, spices etc). So I guess to use that to describe a group of people could be seen as offensive.

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

Originally Posted by 951guero

or mess icans

i swear to god if anybody says that in front of me, they're getting smacked

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I always say Messican, because it irks so many cats. But ya'll sounding real sensitive. Besides I'm American anyway. Hate when people born in the States say they Mexican. Mexicans don't even like you, you Yankee Americano.

Originally Posted by Wr

Originally Posted by babylonzion

spanish & asian are just broad terms in my opinion when you don't know their specific ethnicity

what gets me about the term Asian is that we automatically assume it's either a Chinese, Japanese, Korean etc. We refer to other people from parts of Asia as Indians, Middle Eastern, Pakistani and so on.  Why is a Chinese person the Asian stereotype?
probably has to do with the fact that to an untrained eye most east asians (chinese, korean, japanese) look alike.  hell, to a lot of people they might even group in SE asians and maybe even pilipino's into the broad "Asian" distinction.

I personally dont see a lot of Americans making the distinction between Indians and Pakistani's since they too look similar to the untrained eye.  Some people even mistake middle eastern folk for being Indian (and vice versa)

Originally Posted by SFC415

Try being Southern European and being called Mexican by everyone you ever meet 
laugh.gif
 I mean it helps me with Mexican girls so I'm not mad, but sometimes it's a pain in the %%% to deal with the typical dumb American or racist white dude

That's not the same thing... 

Can't believe the racist comments that I am seeing in this thread especially from MARINADELREY. It is suprising to me how mods are letting this go, if some of these comments were made in any other race thread I wonder if it would be allowed. Moe Fab talk about being sensitive, take a look around the other race threads in general and you will see some real soft stuff ...

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Originally Posted by east99

i rather be called spanish over mexican any day. (i have spanish blood in me btw)
why
well, for starters i'm not mexican. i do get annoyed being called "a mexican" on occasion. i kindly correct them and say i am American. I mean i was born here in the USA.

Originally Posted by Oasis

pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif
@ some Latin folks who say they're Spanish

and you shake your head because you truly know for a fact right.....

don't know if that was directed at me, but i do have spanish and portuguese blood in me. 

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

I'm Chicano.

Not Hispanic, Spanish, Latino, or Latin American.

Come at me...

i hear this a lot. many mexican/chicanos don't like to be called hispanic or latino. just Mexicans. i consider Mexicans Latinos though, but i'll leave that topic/argument to you guys.

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

Can't believe the racist comments that I am seeing in this thread especially from MARINADELREY. It is suprising to me how mods are letting this go, if some of these comments were made in any other race thread I wonder if it would be allowed. Moe Fab talk about being sensitive, take a look around the other race threads in general and you will see some real soft stuff ...

what did i say IN THIS THREAD thats "racist"?

please respond

Originally Posted by Moe Fab

Originally Posted by 951guero

or mess icans

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I always say Messican, because it irks so many cats. But ya'll sounding real sensitive. Besides I'm American anyway. Hate when people born in the States say they Mexican. Mexicans don't even like you, you Yankee Americano.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Just because someone was not born in mexico doesn't mean that their not mexican. How you going to forget what you are just because you were not born there. trying to erase their roots, c'mon man.

Originally Posted by VoidEmperor

Originally Posted by Moe Fab

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Just because someone was not born in mexico doesn't mean that their not mexican. How you going to forget what you are just because you were not born there. trying to erase their roots, c'mon man.

yeah, true, but in reality, i know for a fact Mexicans in Mexico dislike Chicanos (kids born in the US of mexican parents for those who dont't know) and will say they're not Mexicans. Same with central Americans, South Americans, Puerto Ricans and even Africans too! They talk mad about how "African Americans" aren't even Africans. Discussions like this can go on, but in reality where ever you were born you're what you are. Be proud of who you are and of your roots.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Filipinos aren't Asian.

That is all.

pacific islanders. micronesian as i was explained, but plenty of Filipinos consider themselves asian... i don't know why.

Originally Posted by TheGift23

I want to stick needles in my eyes when someone calls me Mexican.

Come on son you a Salvi lol lolPersonally id rather be mexican than a salvatruch lol lolJust kidding manReppin the Gauchos and Chapines here.They can call me spanish if they want cuz its still part of our heritage unless you Brazilian or pure native indian

Originally Posted by MARINADELREY

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

what did i say IN THIS THREAD thats "racist"?

please respond
Wasn't addressing you when I said racist, that was my first point. I was adressing your comment about being sensitive, go in any other race thread and you will see some really soft people in there...

Originally Posted by east99

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Filipinos aren't Asian.

That is all.

pacific islanders. micronesian as i was explained, but plenty of Filipinos consider themselves asian... i don't know why.

they are asian most the filipinos i know call themselves asian

Philippines aint even in the pacific island region though

800px-Pacific_Culture_Areas.jpg

Back
Top Bottom