Steve Young's Top 6 QB List

In this order as of now...

Brady - Crazy accurate, calm, and has the chips.
Manning (Probably one of the smartest NFL players out there but doesn't have a strong arm, tends to openly show emotion and get flustered, and isn't asgood as a runner as Tom. Tom has won on the biggest stage time and time again.)
Romo
Favre
Big Ben or Garrard. Flip a coin...

there aren't too many great QB's in this league at all but ill try to make a list. (in order)

1. Brady

2. Manning

3. Romo

4. Favre

5. Brees

6. Hasselback/Roethlisberger

Which stat is supposed to really impress me there? The 300 yard games? meh, that's a difference in offensive philosophy... we care about wins and losseswhere i'm from. Intangibles matter too..

I'd also like to point out that Ben has been sacked exactly TWICE as many times as Romo.. yet puts up very comparable numbers in terms of efficiency... butyou don't really want to bring up stats do you?

Ben and Romo are comparable.
good at avoiding the rush
both don't have the strongest arms, but can go deep
good running game, and defense behind them
both are turnover prone
romo has the TD advantage, but Ben's TD numbers aren't bad at all

We'll see in the playoffs tho...
Ben, although the steeler offense didn't revolve around him and the Defense was the MVP, has been there before and won...
Romo has...fumbled and has been criticized heavily for his erratic play.

but you don't really want to bring up stats do you?
LOL. Like Big Ben's career 23 interceptions last year, huh? Amazing stats if you ask me....

Originally Posted by S4L3

but you don't really want to bring up stats do you?
LOL. Like Big Ben's career 23 interceptions last year, huh? Amazing stats if you ask me....

Well - considering he almost died twice in the span of several months, i think i'll give him a free pass there.. i am curious what your excuse forfumbling a snap like that is though? I mean, all ben did in his first year was lead his team to a 15-1 record, and then follow it up with a superbowl ring. But I mean, no pressure on romo or anything to keep up.
grin.gif

i am curious what your excuse for fumbling a snap like that is though? I mean, all ben did in his first year was lead his team to a 15-1 record, and then follow it up with a superbowl ring. But I mean, no pressure on romo or anything to keep up.
LOL @ this guy still bringing up the past. Props for Big Ben's 9-21 perfomance with two interceptions in the Super Bowl. Really carried thatteam on his back that game. MVP type numbers if you ask me...

Romo > Ben. This season and beyond....

Big Ben is great, but minus the whole fumble thing, Romo has been spectacular.

If you want to bring the whole first year thing in which what Big Ben did, then one can't knock what Romo hasn't done.....yet.

Because thus far, Romo has been killing it. This year included. And it looks as if years to come.

Right now
1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Romo *Normally I wouldn't put a guy over qb's with multiple years under their belts..But he's playing remarkable.. *
4. Favre
5a. Hasslebeck *Can't discredit a guy doing it without Branch and Alexander for multiple games* 5b. Big Ben
6a. Brees 6b. Palmer

*Please take heed that this is only based upon what I see and believe*
And Big Ben is not above Romo.. if we are talking about this year ofcourse..

When talking about quarterback play, the Romo botched hold shouldn't be brought up as a point. It has nothing to do with him lining up under center,dropping back and throwing passes.

i am curious what your excuse for fumbling a snap like that is though?
Craftsy, I'm usually with you on stuff...But I'm just curious...What does that botched snap have to do with Tony Romo the QUARTERBACK?Ignoring the fact that he led the two minute drill down the field to even set up that play to win the game, you may have a point...Actually, nah, it still hasnothing to do with Tony Romo being a better quarterback than Big Ben, which he is...
grin.gif
Istill put Ben in the Top 5-6, though.

And let's not act like Ben was Captain Clutch in that Superbowl victory...The Steelers won that game in spite of Ben's pathetic performance...

Ben is a product of his system. PITs defense and their running game wins games for them. I have yet to see him throw his team to victory.

Hell he had to scramble to beat the Browns. He is unbelievably uncomfortable in the pocket.

laugh.gif
@ SJS
laugh.gif
@ Outacontrol music
laugh.gif

1. Manning
2. Brady
3. Romo
4. Favre
5. Garrard

Garrard over Brees and Hassleback because he has NO weapons. His accuracy is sooo undervalued and slept on. He is playing amazing football. out there Lookinglike a black, right-handed Steve Young.

Back
Top Bottom