Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

Originally Posted by PO2345

Any one got suggestions for someone simply trying to regain back endurance, speed & a flat stomach?
I'm not trying to lift weights.

PO
I'm in the same idea as you.
I think P90X is the best bet... I'm just running on the treadmill rightnow and doing abs
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

My son Lurkin is going to be the first full time nutritionist and part time Audi salesman.
laugh.gif

I know what you're talking about though, the majority of 'trainers' out there I see from various gyms are just 'there' to fill up the spots needed. They get 'promoted' from their original position of sales.
dream jobs!
laugh.gif

wow its funny......i made this post earlier today

i just got back from the gym

wj4 the head dude who runs the "personal training" at my gym approached me today, i always act like i dont see these days they are always screamingfor attention they were all working out today, i guess he said f it im gonna just talk to em. He is tryna jumpstart this company called "Transformers"
he was like yea man, were gonna do seminars, one on one, supplement line, etc......hell keep you up to date
eyes.gif

question for you guys

i still never checked it out

is that p90x the truth?

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Oh well, F a trainer. That's why we have this thread going!
laugh.gif

also most trainers at these gyms dont go after young guys like us, we dont need help on a damn machine.

they prey on women and older folks

they dont want bodybuilders and athletes............no money in that. keep these people on long term phases, lets keep the billing cycle going

ncaa/pro/celeb/rich counties (location, location, location)

yes cha ching, cha ching.

(durden and panarican, no offense to either of you)

Any one got suggestions for someone simply trying to regain back endurance, speed & a flat stomach?

PO

51Z6lsUE3XL.jpg

get it on ebay for cheap

fat loss, strength, power, endurance

this should be of interest to you.....there are other books out there on this subject too of course, this is def a good start. ive checked this out myself.

also P90x would be a good idea also, i have not personally checked it out myself but from all i have heard...........would be of interest also.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

PO
I think P90X is the best bet... I'm just running on the treadmill rightnow and doing abs
eyes.gif

P90X's Plyo will help with endurance and stamina. Along with P90X Plus Cardio/Kenpo and Interval X.
For a flat stomach, you really need to have a good diet more than anything, but partner that along with Ab Ripper X, Synergistics Core and Abs Core Plus willhelp you move along in the right direction.

Originally Posted by RFX45

PO
eyes.gif

P90X's Plyo will help with endurance and stamina. Along with P90X Plus Cardio/Kenpo and Interval X.
For a flat stomach, you really need to have a good diet more than anything, but partner that along with Ab Ripper X, Synergistics Core and Abs Core Plus will help you move along in the right direction.
ill quote rfx on this

dont matter how much p90 you do, ya chuggin beers every weekend and eating bad.......who cares

rfx i responded about that tabata training earlier, it is great cardio and plyometic training also. so if you did p90 you should dig this routine.

are you guys legit or "rent a buddies"

my boy an I were both asked if we wanted to be trainers at our gym, any young dude in shape can be a trainer (ive seen many trainers who look like they dont even lift or are fat also, i hate these con artist the most), like supplements there is a lot of BS in the industry.

LA Fitness for example.........i know a dude there who didnt know *#$&^#, he was doing membership sales an they kinda forced "being a personal trainer" on him

its like Security.......There are contracted personal fitness companies

this is the first book i read right here ACSM exercise testing and prescription.........gold standard in the industry

after that i got my NASM and ACE cert. and my future goal is to become a nutritionist.....are you guys serious about this or is this just a job for now?

I've been training full-time for 3+ years and yes I'm also NASM certified with a few otherspecialty certs. This is actually my career, which is why I know better than to sit here giving out a ton of info online about what to do, how to train. Youhave to have a little more background on someone before telling them what kind of program to start training with. You're right, any young guy at a BS gymcan be a trainer, but if you don't know what you're doing, you won't last long, or you'll never make any decent money at it.

i weighed in today at the lightest I'VE EVER BEEN....

All the work is slowly paying off

my goals are coming together

reading this post before i hit the gym...lets get it

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

are you guys legit or "rent a buddies"

my boy an I were both asked if we wanted to be trainers at our gym, any young dude in shape can be a trainer (ive seen many trainers who look like they dont even lift or are fat also, i hate these con artist the most), like supplements there is a lot of BS in the industry.

LA Fitness for example.........i know a dude there who didnt know *#$&^#, he was doing membership sales an they kinda forced "being a personal trainer" on him

its like Security.......There are contracted personal fitness companies

this is the first book i read right here ACSM exercise testing and prescription.........gold standard in the industry

after that i got my NASM and ACE cert. and my future goal is to become a nutritionist.....are you guys serious about this or is this just a job for now?
I've been training full-time for 3+ years and yes I'm also NASM certified with a few other specialty certs. This is actually my career, which is why I know better than to sit here giving out a ton of info online about what to do, how to train. You have to have a little more background on someone before telling them what kind of program to start training with. You're right, any young guy at a BS gym can be a trainer, but if you don't know what you're doing, you won't last long, or you'll never make any decent money at it.
yep i agree 100%

btw i wasnt tryna come at you i was just askin a legit question, dudes who get butthurt are the con artist which im sure you dont like either.

Nah, I know. I was mostly trying to explain for people that keep coming on asking for a routine for this, a routine for that, etc... I used to get that alotwhen I was first starting out. People would get their free session when they joined the gym and be like "I just want a routine that I can do all thetime..." I'd just be like, "It's not that simple, and that's not what I do. You can get a program online." If I get anybody at mygym asking that again, I'm just gonna give them the link to this thread.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by RFX45

PO
eyes.gif

For a flat stomach, you really need to have a good diet more than anything, but partner that along with Ab Ripper X, Synergistics Core and Abs Core Plus will help you move along in the right direction.
ill quote rfx on this

dont matter how much p90 you do, ya chuggin beers every weekend and eating bad.......who cares

rfx i responded about that tabata training earlier, it is great cardio and plyometic training also. so if you did p90 you should dig this routine.

Yeah, I've been checking out some vids on Youtube and it looks intense. I want to try it out but it seems that there are plenty of versions out there, onYoutube at least.
Do you know any place to check out which ones are the real ones? I've read somewhere that there are 4 sets of 4 minute workouts to total 16 minutes but Ican't quite find it.
Another program I want to try is Crossfit, I heard it is similar to P90X in some way. Which brings me to...
Anyone tried the "300 Workout"? It definitely isn't for me but was just curious if anyone has tried it.
http://www.menshealth.com/celebrity-workouts/workouts/The_300_Workout.php
http://www.gymjones.com/
Someone mentioned that most of their workout are based on crossfit but I am not 100% sure how true it is.

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

My man RX45b aka TimeZone you into fitness? i thought you only cared about watches
I'm trying to get into it, I wouldn't say I'm an expert but I know some of the basics. Enough to stay fit for recreational basketball.

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

"I just want a routine that I can do all the time..." I'd just be like, "It's not that simple, and that's not what I do.
optimum performance training model
wink.gif

Originally Posted by LA213ESPG

Originally Posted by NiPxD

Originally Posted by LA213ESPG

I don't know if this question has been asked already, but when is the best time to do cardio, before or after lifting?
always after. After lifitng your body has pretty much used up all the sugar, so the fatty storage is immediately tapped in.
I just started lifting about a month ago and I always start off by doing 30 minutes of cardio. I heard it was better to do it after but didn't know

why, so thanks for that info.
not just that, but doing anymore than 5 - 10 minutes cardio before lifting is a bad idea because it wears you out too much. i've done it, andwhen i went to lift i was too worn out to lift what i was lifting the week before...

always do cardio after lifting.

Oh and I should mention...
This should be pretty standard but MANY people don't understand. 3 sets of 10-15 reps of SLOW and CONTROLLED repetitions are the most beneficial. Even if it means lowering your weights, but that shouldn''t be an issue since you we go to the gym for self development physically, not mentally right? hahah i.e. showing off to a bunch of people you dont know, how much you can bench, when in reality you are destroying your rotator cuff and working at a 30% efficiency
You assume too much with this statement.

question for you guys

is that p90x the truth?
If you can work out in front of the TV, then yes.

My friend gave me a copy and I tried it..for about 3 minutes. I simply couldn't see myself doing it. I need the real experience..drive to the gym, workon real stations, etc.

I also think the host is corny, he tries to crack in jokes (sometimes perverted ones) at times.

My friend who used to lift on the regular tried P90X because for a while, he was bombarded with work and couldn't attend the gym on the regular anymore. It kept him in shape, but made him weaker...he couldn't lift/bench what he did at the gym before.

Originally Posted by wj4

question for you guys

is that p90x the truth?
If you can work out in front of the TV, then yes.

My friend gave me a copy and I tried it..for about 3 minutes. I simply couldn't see myself doing it. I need the real experience..drive to the gym, work on real stations, etc.

I also think the host is corny, he tries to crack in jokes (sometimes perverted ones) at times.

My friend who used to lift on the regular tried P90X because for a while, he was bombarded with work and couldn't attend the gym on the regular anymore. It kept him in shape, but made him weaker...he couldn't lift/bench what he did at the gym before.

lol another reason i havnt done p90

im addicted to weights

lol speakin of corny host, my mom wanted hip hop abs for xmas............
laugh.gif

omg omg lol..............yea she has to play music while the dvd is on.

shaun_t.png

ive done it too, made me burn a serious sweat. im always open to new routines and such......i was on that tabata early.

i love this thread btw, best thing on nt right now

Yeah, P90X is definitely beneficial to those who wants to get in shape but can only find the time to work on it at home, although it does require at least anhour a day.
And to those who really can only spare that much, P90X is perfect and it guides you to the right direction and helps with correct forms.
Actually, I wouldn't recommend P90X to beginners, I say you have to be slightly fit already to do it.
I always find it to be a program that help people get cut that has reached the plateau and not to those who are trying to get stronger along the way.
Of course to those who isn't already in shape or fit, they'll get stronger but you can really only improve so much from 12 dvd's with recycledworkouts.
In the beginning, Horton was annoying but he does help motivate.
He doesn't make as much joke in P90X Plus and it might be better for some but it is more intense than P90X in a shorter workout time.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

btw rfx ill get back to you on the tabata info, i gotta go through all my crap.

No problem, take your time.
I appreciate the help.

I'm also interested in the accuracy of the statement that "Dips are dangerous to your rotator cuffs".

I know that upright rows are commonly regarded as a dangerous exercise so I stopped doing them about 5 years ago. However, I've been doing dips forever andhave never had any shoulder problems.

lol @ the personal trainer stuff

all true

we have this one trainer who always comes in with this obese dude (like 300 lbs easy) and he's been doing 30 min sessions with the guy for as long asi've been going to that gym....dude doesn't look like he's dropped a lb.

he has the guy do the most pointless stuff. couple sets of 12 leg presses with 2 25 lb plates. etc.

yo lurkin or anyone else- i was thinkin of doing a keto diet soon.....any food recommendations? i can't figure out how the hell i'm gonna get 70% of mycalories from fat.

Back
Top Bottom