Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

Originally Posted by aceofjays

Stop all that "debating" and focus on progress
grin.gif
this.

all the people reading this thread should take all advice with a grain of salt...or a tablespoon. Certain training works for some and does not always work forothers, and some people in this thread while they may have great physique may have put in hard work to get like that but you also gotta think about geneticsand all that other stuff.

People should stop stating opinions and instead give advice, some people gotta get off their high horse and calm the %%%+ down all that testosterone is gettingto peoples heads.

And besides nobody here is fully knowledgeable on this topic, you should just post what works for you and see if other people can benefit from it.

But anyways a baked potatoe after a workout is
pimp.gif
for those who don't use supplements. I put it in the microwave then I cut it open and I use somesmart balance butter with a little black pepper and salt...Magnifique. I read somewhere a while ago that you shouldn't worry about eating the skinbecause the fiber slows down digestion of the carbs.

Is this too big for a preworkout meal?

2 eggs
2 whole grain pieces of toast

then after my workout, I usually eat a banana.

does it matter that I go to sleep about an hour after my workout?

sooooo....I saw some dude drinking his piss today at the gym............in a simply lemonade bottle to try and disguise it - but he was not fooling me thatsfor sure

but I buy that lemonade every week at the store and it is definately NOT EVER that color

Probably Red Bull or Monster or one of those energy drinks. They're piss-colored.

To the post above, a banana post-workout is fine, but you should also take in some post-workout protein such as a chicken breast, some egg-whites, or a wheyprotein shake.

Originally Posted by AAclaire420

sooooo....I saw some dude drinking his piss today at the gym............in a simply lemonade bottle to try and disguise it - but he was not fooling me thats for sure

but I buy that lemonade every week at the store and it is definately NOT EVER that color
I thought everyone did this? Ya know, to get back all those proteins and nutrients...

oh btw to whoever asked about ortho-core vs. orange triad

ortho core is soo much better it's not even close. ortho-core at half dose >>>>>>>>>>> any synthetic overdosed garbagelike orange triad, opti-men, animal pak, etc.

Sup yall, hanv't posted in here in a while but recently I have hit a plateau in my weight loss. Iv lost about 60 pounds since May and iv been stuck at 210for the past 3 weeks.
Still hitting the gym 4-5 times a week and doing cardio every time im there (30 min on the elliptical), recently Iv started running with the resistance on theelliptical.
Any other tips?

rain sucks... stuck in the house can't go to the gym and having donuts, cookies, and all sorts of junk food in the house is unappreciated.
sick.gif
mad.gif
. this **** is tempting like a mothaf

anyone do hack squats? i'm gonna be doing them next leg day.....should i be lifting more towards what i DL or what i squat? i assume DL right?

Are you talking about barbell hack squats or the hack squat machine? Either way, I'd start out pretty light and get used to it. But if it's barbellhack squats, practice the movement with like 95lbs for a couple of sets of 15 to get the feeling of it down, because they're a little awkward at first, andthen go up in small increments.

barbell....i looked at a youtube vid and it seems a little awkward but very similar to a deadlift.....i'm thinking i'll start with the bar + a 25 kg oneither side and move up from there since that will be very easy once i get the form down.

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

Originally Posted by AAclaire420

sooooo....I saw some dude drinking his piss today at the gym............in a simply lemonade bottle to try and disguise it - but he was not fooling me thats for sure

I thought everyone did this? Ya know, to get back all those proteins and nutrients...

Come on man, it was probably SizeOn. no one would do that

what are the best foods for no gas every time im in the treadmill i let them rip like crazy, and people give me looks, im not embarrassed just don't wantto be known as the kid that farts,

Originally Posted by Gmills23

Sup yall, hanv't posted in here in a while but recently I have hit a plateau in my weight loss. Iv lost about 60 pounds since May and iv been stuck at 210 for the past 3 weeks.
Still hitting the gym 4-5 times a week and doing cardio every time im there (30 min on the elliptical), recently Iv started running with the resistance on the elliptical.
Any other tips?
i was facing this problem earlier this summer, I mixed up my cardio for awhile (went from running for 40 mins to 1 min intervals x8 of jump ropeand 20 minute fast run) and my weight started to go down again. I highly recommend jumping rope even if you stick with the elliptical, you'll get thatextra cardio that'll help your weight to move again

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

barbell....i looked at a youtube vid and it seems a little awkward but very similar to a deadlift.....i'm thinking i'll start with the bar + a 25 kg on either side and move up from there since that will be very easy once i get the form down.

Yeah, if you're used to deadlifting, you should be able to get the form down after a few sets. Just don't worry if you lean forward a little more thanon a deadlift.

Originally Posted by dead in 09

2 eggs

Depends on if you're trying to lose weight or gain weight.
Hopefully after your workout you have two bananas and a protein shake.

Going to sleep after your workout is a great thing provided that you're not sleepy during your workout.

Some of the advice in here should be taken with a grain of salt but that has been stated MANY times. This dark chocolate dude has got to be
the most annoying poster I have seen here all year. Dude is trying to win an argument over the internet by stating NASA and physics as his source and thentelling posters to check menshealth
grin.gif

Originally Posted by CharlieContacto

Originally Posted by dead in 09

2 eggs

Depends on if you're trying to lose weight or gain weight.
Hopefully after your workout you have two bananas and a protein shake.

Going to sleep after your workout is a great thing provided that you're not sleepy during your workout.
I am trying to lose weight.

Originally Posted by Moneyright

what are the best foods for no gas every time im in the treadmill i let them rip like crazy, and people give me looks, im not embarrassed just don't want to be known as the kid that farts,
what's your diet like now? try limiting dairy foods. sometimes high fiber foods will give you gas too, but less often. have you triedtaking a probiotic? if you can't find those, a decent yogurt with a good amount of live cultures should be good too.

Yeah the size of your preworkout meal can be whatever size as long as it fits in with your caloric needs.

Having a big meal simply means you should wait a bit longer before you exercise so you can digest. Similarly, your PWO timing isnt exactly crucial either(depending if you have a good pre-meal, or are in a fasted state going for 1.5-2hrs prolonged exercise), then having a normal meal immediately after, 1-2-3hours after is suffice for the average person. Don't get too caught up with this, as long as you get your carbs/protein you'll be fine.

High GI and low GI doesn't really matter I believe (unless diabetic).

One more week 'til I start my clean bulk, im thinking of eating around 2700-3000kcal, hopefully i'll put on more muscle than fat.

For those who bulk, do you engage in heavy cardio? i.e. HIIT or just a light 30-40min run - if so what is your frequency? Id like to keep muscle, beconditioned and gain a bit of fat.

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Are you talking about barbell hack squats or the hack squat machine? Either way, I'd start out pretty light and get used to it. But if it's barbell hack squats, practice the movement with like 95lbs for a couple of sets of 15 to get the feeling of it down, because they're a little awkward at first, and then go up in small increments.

So you are telling this individual how much weight he should use, without knowing his vitals? How responsible is that? Did you ask if he had any injuries,especially to the patellar tendon, in which Hack squats will definitely effect? I mean, come on!!!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

anyone do hack squats? i'm gonna be doing them next leg day.....should i be lifting more towards what i DL or what i squat? i assume DL right?

Wow, you don't know how hacks work, yet you claim to know about loading principles in regard to jumping higher?? Plus you have the nerve ridicule Men'sHealth, and you are getting workout info from You Tube??????

WOW!!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by verynecessary

Originally Posted by Moneyright

what are the best foods for no gas every time im in the treadmill i let them rip like crazy, and people give me looks, im not embarrassed just don't want to be known as the kid that farts,
what's your diet like now? try limiting dairy foods. sometimes high fiber foods will give you gas too, but less often. have you tried taking a probiotic? if you can't find those, a decent yogurt with a good amount of live cultures should be good too.
Yeah, limit DAIRY but eat YOGURT!

roll.gif

Boy the reasoning in here is quite comical!

As I said before, Mens Health.com is the best source for those of you who have questions about training. They have videos, then also have a Q&A forum.It's really simple, and then the safe route against those here who CLAIM to know what they are saying. It's better to get well informed responses froma reputable mag, then getting it from some yahoos that you cannot see nor feel, who specialize in putting up internet statistics.

Peace, and stay smart!

Originally Posted by I3

Yeah the size of your preworkout meal can be whatever size as long as it fits in with your caloric needs.

Having a big meal simply means you should wait a bit longer before you exercise so you can digest. Similarly, your PWO timing isnt exactly crucial either (depending if you have a good pre-meal, or are in a fasted state going for 1.5-2hrs prolonged exercise), then having a normal meal immediately after, 1-2-3 hours after is suffice for the average person. Don't get too caught up with this, as long as you get your carbs/protein you'll be fine.

High GI and low GI doesn't really matter I believe (unless diabetic).

One more week 'til I start my clean bulk, im thinking of eating around 2700-3000kcal, hopefully i'll put on more muscle than fat.

For those who bulk, do you engage in heavy cardio? i.e. HIIT or just a light 30-40min run - if so what is your frequency? Id like to keep muscle, be conditioned and gain a bit of fat.

Do u have a diet plan for your clean bulk? if u don't mind can u please post it.

Back
Top Bottom