Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

Originally Posted by ricerocket1

Been back in the gym this week…went 4 times out of 5 days
Diet consist of: Breakfast Fruit, Coffee, Croissant
Lunch: Japanese Food Bento Box (Salad, teriyaki chicken, chicken karage and rice)
Dinner: Sandwich
Gym Exercise: 45-1 hour cardio, 1 hour circuit training (2 chest, 2 legs, 2 shoulders, 2 backs)
Goal: To be 140lbs and to be around 10-11% body fat by christmas
Current Status: 5'8 160lbs
Question: Should I start using fat burner like Lipo6? I heard good reviews about the product and they use less caffeine.
Is it possible to attain my goal with that deadline (4 months)
Can someone help me switch up my diet to something better?
Can someone help me or point me to the right direction to other circuit training exercise? I don't want my body to get used to doing the same exercise.
Damn dude i'm almost the same stats as you but i'm 5'8 working to 160 and your 5'8 working to 140, is their any special reasonwhy?

As for using a fat burner, for me personally I would just keep working out, change up the diet like tweeking it here and their than get on a fatburner justbecause of side effects from using stuff like that but thats just me. There are certain foods that can aid in fat burning that might be an alternative, notsaying whether its better/worse for you, thats up to you.

As for your meals you can just break it into more meals but less food for each meal, its a hassle to stop every couple hours to eat trust me, but it'salong the same lines of what you want for yourself. For me I eat breakfast which is Cereal and 2 waffles, then I have some Oatmeal and Flaxseed a couple hourslater, then I have lunch, in another couple hours I get a peice of fruit/fruit and vegetable juice and maybe a bag of sun chips, I get home and have a mealwhich for me usually consists of Beans and rice, brussel sprouts, asparagus, broccoli, and some meat then I chill out and get what I need to get done go workout then have a smaller version of the previous meal with more focus on protein and vegetables.

I think you can def get to your goal in 4 months but it's all about dedication, you also have to know your bodies limits. And you don't have to be ona super strict diet you can cheat every once in a while especially if your active on your off days. Hope that helps, GL.

Damn dude i'm almost the same stats as you but i'm 5'8 working to 160 and your 5'8 working to 140, is their any special reason why?

As for using a fat burner, for me personally I would just keep working out, change up the diet like tweeking it here and their than get on a fatburner just because of side effects from using stuff like that but thats just me. There are certain foods that can aid in fat burning that might be an alternative, not saying whether its better/worse for you, thats up to you.

As for your meals you can just break it into more meals but less food for each meal, its a hassle to stop every couple hours to eat trust me, but it's along the same lines of what you want for yourself. For me I eat breakfast which is Cereal and 2 waffles, then I have some Oatmeal and Flaxseed a couple hours later, then I have lunch, in another couple hours I get a peice of fruit/fruit and vegetable juice and maybe a bag of sun chips, I get home and have a meal which for me usually consists of Beans and rice, brussel sprouts, asparagus, broccoli, and some meat then I chill out and get what I need to get done go work out then have a smaller version of the previous meal with more focus on protein and vegetables.

I think you can def get to your goal in 4 months but it's all about dedication, you also have to know your bodies limits. And you don't have to be on a super strict diet you can cheat every once in a while especially if your active on your off days. Hope that helps, GL.
im gonna be going back to the philippines this december and my family thinks im fat
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif
so i figure ill show em hahaha im going to do grocerythis sunday so ill prolly pick up some healthy low carb snacks as well...and it is hard to stop and eat every 2-4 hours since i got school and 2 jobs

Which gym shoes would you guys choose? Nike Frees or Nike Zoom Sparq?

Keep in mind I have super flat feet and I need gym shoes specifically for deep squats, deadlifts, military presses, etc.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Which gym shoes would you guys choose? Nike Frees or Nike Zoom Sparq?

Keep in mind I have super flat feet and I need gym shoes specifically for deep squats, deadlifts, military presses, etc.
chucks for dls and squats. or barefoot/vibram 5 fingers if you dont mind looking like a weirdo

Originally Posted by nealraj006

there are quite a few vegan athletes that don't suffer because of their diet. They actually do better because of their diet. just throwing this out there:
http://www.veganathlete.c..._vegetarian_athletes.php
The people that don't succeed on a veg*an probably don't eat the right foods. There are so many different veg*an junk foods out there that are so unhealthy, but people still eat them. Even processed foods like tofu become staples in their diets when they shouldn't eat it on a regular basis atleast.
You know what they say, you shouldn't knock it until you try it.
i'm not knocking vegetarian/vegan diets in any way, but vegetarians and vegans are often vitamin b12 deficient. that could be part of the reasonwhy some people don't feel good when they stop eating meat. also, the omega-3 EFAs - EPA and DHA - are converted from plant sources (ALA, the best source,and LA, the more common source), but not very efficiently, especially DHA (converted about 2% to 5% from ALA). the best source of ALA is flaxseed.

Originally Posted by verynecessary

Originally Posted by nealraj006

there are quite a few vegan athletes that don't suffer because of their diet. They actually do better because of their diet. just throwing this out there:
http://www.veganathlete.c..._vegetarian_athletes.php
The people that don't succeed on a veg*an probably don't eat the right foods. There are so many different veg*an junk foods out there that are so unhealthy, but people still eat them. Even processed foods like tofu become staples in their diets when they shouldn't eat it on a regular basis atleast.
You know what they say, you shouldn't knock it until you try it.
i'm not knocking vegetarian/vegan diets in any way, but vegetarians and vegans are often vitamin b12 deficient. that could be part of the reason why some people don't feel good when they stop eating meat. also, the omega-3 EFAs - EPA and DHA - are converted from plant sources (ALA, the best source, and LA, the more common source), but not very efficiently, especially DHA (converted about 2% to 5% from ALA). the best source of ALA is flaxseed.
That's what I meant by not eating the right foods. Vitamin B-12 is definitely necessary, but often overlooked. Many supplement it, but you canget it in the form of nutritional yeast, chlorella, miso, and fortified foods.

Originally Posted by ricerocket1

Damn dude i'm almost the same stats as you but i'm 5'8 working to 160 and your 5'8 working to 140, is their any special reason why?

As for using a fat burner, for me personally I would just keep working out, change up the diet like tweeking it here and their than get on a fatburner just because of side effects from using stuff like that but thats just me. There are certain foods that can aid in fat burning that might be an alternative, not saying whether its better/worse for you, thats up to you.
im gonna be going back to the philippines this december and my family thinks im fat
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif
so i figure ill show em hahaha im going to do grocery this sunday so ill prolly pick up some healthy low carb snacks as well...and it is hard to stop and eat every 2-4 hours since i got school and 2 jobs

5'8 140??? i'm 5'8 151 down from about 160 (only because i get lazy about getting 5-6 meals in) and i feel skinny as hell. i can seemy abs a little without flexing, so my bodyfat is somewhere around 13-15% i'd guess. at 140 i'd be at 6-8% bodyfat. i think it'll be easier foryou to put on some muscle and settle in at 150 to 155, around 10% bodyfat. i'm sure it'll be easier than maintaining 140. i'm filipino too...your relatives will probably ask why you haven't been eating and end up pushing food at you nonstop (more than they usually do anyway).
On the other hand, during fat metabolism, protein cannot be converted into free-fatty acids for energy. Although there is no scientific research done on this, there have been reports from followers that there truly is a "protein-sparing" effect. It makes sense doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t it? Where else would the body look for fat energy when all dietary fat is burned? Bodyfat.
sounds like pseudoscience to me. they don't even mention that protein also stimulates a release of insulin. for all the details andspecificity with the macronutrient levels and to not be backed up by science? that's suspect to me.

Originally Posted by akf0dy7

whats good with fat burners? are they worth it or just a gimmick?
I wouldn't mess with them. Excess body fat is a symptom of your body being under stress. You should target the problem, not the symptoms. Ifyou want to cut body fat, look into eating more alkaline-forming foods such as fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and herbs. When you eat a diet high inacid-forming foods such as meats, dairy, eggs, and grains, it places unnecessary stress on the body to stabilize blood pH which is far from optimal. Youdon't need to cut out everything, but just try and incorporate more raw fruits and vegetables into your diet. Have a salad everyday or a green smoothie.

I made my own trail mix with almonds, raisins, and cranberries....I've been missing out with the pre made joints before.

Can anyone tell me what a strong core is good for? (other than protecting your spine)

And.... How is it apparent that you have a strong core? (seen Audi's post back a few pages I think about someone else's core)

keto diet is absolutely the most disgusting thing i've ever put myself through. ended up in the hospital. it really is not fun to eat fat all day. youthink damn .. i could eat sausage and eggs and bacon all for breakfast lunch and dinner (plus other foods as well) is gonna be fun .. hell na. by the 2nd day icouldnt stand the smell of the burgers i had to cook. ended up throwing up o.d. truly disgusting.

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

Can anyone tell me what a strong core is good for? (other than protecting your spine)

And.... How is it apparent that you have a strong core? (seen Audi's post back a few pages I think about someone else's core)
everything?
laugh.gif
jk
first, like you said, protecting the spine and preventing injury. muscular imbalances are no good
- any athletic motions or activities. remember force is generated mainly in the lower body. without a solid core, you can't transfer it to your upperbody
- maintain better posture, balance, and stability

I think the more important thing is to have a strong posterior chain (which includes the core). The posterior chain is where humans generate the vast majorityof their physical force from.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

I think the more important thing is to have a strong posterior chain (which includes the core). The posterior chain is where humans generate the vast majority of their physical force from.
this

scraped my knees doin deadlifts today
sick.gif
. Do any of you guys wear pantswhen ya'll workout?

Originally Posted by ZEEN1NE

keto diet is absolutely the most disgusting thing i've ever put myself through. ended up in the hospital. it really is not fun to eat fat all day. you think damn .. i could eat sausage and eggs and bacon all for breakfast lunch and dinner (plus other foods as well) is gonna be fun .. hell na. by the 2nd day i couldnt stand the smell of the burgers i had to cook. ended up throwing up o.d. truly disgusting.
wow

seriously though......

the point of a keto diet is not to load the body with disgusting, unhealthy unaturated fats first off

lean meats + healthy fats........from vegetable oils and nuts

also you might just hav an aversion to eating these kinds of foods all day long ? because millions of people have tried carb-restricted diets like atkins, etc.and had no problem in terms of nausea.

with that said....most carb-restricted diets and diets in general are garbage, but the keto diet has some very dedicated followers and has produced somemind-blowing results. some people stay on it for life. i'd be interested in seeing more info come out about it.

im back in the 200lb range

i think i prefer mass to p90 looking lean for sure.

i literally eat every 2 hrs from wake to bed.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

I think the more important thing is to have a strong posterior chain (which includes the core). The posterior chain is where humans generate the vast majority of their physical force from.
well said wawa

i just got my intrabolic in the mail today... and since im at school during the week and at home friday/sat/sun, would it be a bad idea to just take it thethree days that I'm at home? Or should i just save it until winter break?

I think that he didn't have any/many vegetables in his keto diet, leaving him with a lack of nourishment. Your diet should be nearly half vegetables andfruits or more. Don't skimp out on them, they're full of enzymes and vitamins. Most keto people love brocolli, cauliflower and other cruciferousveggies.

Originally Posted by jigsta05

i just got my intrabolic in the mail today... and since im at school during the week and at home friday/sat/sun, would it be a bad idea to just take it the three days that I'm at home? Or should i just save it until winter break?
youd still get the benefits of the bcaa's and hwp intraworkout, but you'd be losing out a little on the beta-alanine because it takes timeto build up in your system like creatine does.

i say take it

Just a quick tip for ordering supplements online. Cheapvitamins.com is probably one of the best websites. Once you start ordering, they send you free shippingcoupons all the time, and they send your stuff out quick. I just ordered from supplementcentral.com last Saturday and when I log on to check the order status,it's just shipping out today (supposedly). They never emailed me a tracking number or told me why it took a week for them to even ship the order out.

Other good sites to order from:
Prosource.net
Vitacost.com

you could also go to DTSnutrition.com, and put in what supplement you're looking for and they'll give you links to every website selling it so you canfind the cheapest one. Thing is, as I'm learning, some websites might be a couple bucks cheaper on a product, but the shipping costs more or you won'tget your stuff for 2 weeks.

Originally Posted by ZEEN1NE

keto diet is absolutely the most disgusting thing i've ever put myself through. ended up in the hospital. it really is not fun to eat fat all day. you think damn .. i could eat sausage and eggs and bacon all for breakfast lunch and dinner (plus other foods as well) is gonna be fun .. hell na. by the 2nd day i couldnt stand the smell of the burgers i had to cook. ended up throwing up o.d. truly disgusting.

Unless you're competing, why would you bother with this ?

Back
Top Bottom