STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I'm thinking of picking up a jigsaw. Looks to do the same thing at a quarter of the price of the theragun. https://jigsawmassage.com/?source=a...ource=PartnerCentric_Awin&utm_campaign=149702

so, at my gym we have a theragun and a jigsaw massager. the main problem with the jigsaw is that you have to hold down the trigger so it makes it impossible to reach certain areas. the theta gun clicks on and you can gab it wherever and reach damn near everywhere.

the thing i do like about the jigsaw (at least the one i used) is the the speed is variable depending on how hard you pull on the trigger. i know the new theragun 3.0 has it, but speed cariablility wasn’t worth a few hundred dollars more to me

I'm thinking of picking up a jigsaw. Looks to do the same thing at a quarter of the price of the theragun. https://jigsawmassage.com/?source=a...ource=PartnerCentric_Awin&utm_campaign=149702

I've heard nothing but good things about the Hyperice Hypervolt. Most people put it ahead of the Theragun for 1/2 the price. Quiet as hell too.

Hypervolt_All_Renders__91171.1519941114.png

so, at my gym we have a theragun and a jigsaw massager. the main problem with the jigsaw is that you have to hold down the trigger so it makes it impossible to reach certain areas. the theta gun clicks on and you can gab it wherever and reach damn near everywhere.

the thing i do like about the jigsaw (at least the one i used) is the the speed is variable depending on how hard you pull on the trigger. i know the new theragun 3.0 has it, but speed cariablility wasn’t worth a few hundred dollars more to me

Ahhh I didn't know that, definitely something to take into consideration. Main reason I was considering the jigsaw was price. $100 was the most I could see myself paying for something like this and jigsaw met that price point.

I've heard nothing but good things about the Hyperice Hypervolt. Most people put it ahead of the Theragun for 1/2 the price. Quiet as hell too.

Yea, I've been looking into the hypervolt as well. Much more of a value comapred to the theragun. I might try to recruit two or three gym buddies and see if they would wanna chip in for one for the gym.

What gym do u go to that has these things?

DLed in some Jordan 14 today.. holy crap these feel amazing to pull in. Hit 405x2 to play it safe then 365x5 and 315x8

Last edited:
Considering Crossfit...just looking for a full body challenge rather than just running and lifting

Do you guys recommend? i'm definitely a beginner with zero olympic lifting experience

If you don’t like running and lifting why do cross fit?

Personally I’d just hire an oly coach once or twice a week. Vs cross fit.

CrossFit burns people out and injures then. I don’t know anyone who does cross fit anymore and everyone used to be doing it.

I think learning oly would be cool af with proper technique though. Although it’s gonna be frustrating and a long road to any real numbers.

I enjoy running and lifting. I know i'm not training hard enough though.

Crossfit just seemed like an opportunity to do more...but I was worried about getting injured.

Good looks for the opinions

Work with a trainer once a week, tell them your goals and have them write you a program so you know what you are doing everyday.

That’s gonna be cheaper and more beneficial imo.

Work with a trainer once a week, tell them your goals and have them write you a program so you know what you are doing everyday.

That’s gonna be cheaper and more beneficial imo.

If he wants to go the traditional barbell training route I would just consume a ton of free content online (I've become a big fan of Barbell Medicine), do the SSLP, then run The Bridge from Barbell Medicine. That should get him a solid 5 months of training and education for free and then he can go from there with a solid foundation of technique and strength.

PT is expensive and a lot of trainers aren't well versed in the nuances of programming and putting their client first. But if you have the money and find a reputable trainer (they're definitely out there) then go for it. I just wouldn't trust anyone out of a big box gym.

Yeah I forgot about the wack trainer part...

I work with a trainer once a week, it def helps me but he is a real one.

Considering Crossfit...just looking for a full body challenge rather than just running and lifting

Do you guys recommend? i'm definitely a beginner with zero olympic lifting experience
I would not recommend doing cross fit, if you don't have the fundamentals already you are just going to hurt yourself with cross fit.

so there’s a lot to consider. what are your goals? if you’re just trying to get strong there’s better faster ways. if you’re just trying to get fit, its an option to consider.

no oly experience isn’t a big deal if you find a good box. look up yelp reviews and go in and talk to the coaches and let them know what what your goals are.

a lot of the negative stigma with crossfit came from so many boxes opening so fast and there was a lot of boxes with bad coaches. if you find a place with good coaching they’ll walk you through it by scaling movements according to where you’re at. good coaching will also reduce the risk of injury significantly.

i’ve been doing crossfit for about 5 years with no major injuries, just a couple pulled muscles. I mainly do it for cardio as i can’t stand sitting in a treadmill or stairmaster for an extended period of time. i’d rather 15 minute WOD and burn more calories. I also do other Oly and powerlifting apart from just crossfit to be better balanced.

I would not recommend doing cross fit, if you don't have the fundamentals already you are just going to hurt yourself with cross fit.

any decent box should have a fundamentals program in place. it’s usually about a 4-6 week program. at the co ometion you can choose to move on to regular class or redo it

Take up boxing

The time of year where I envy you guys with a home gym set up is rapidly approaching.

I've honestly given thought to getting some equipment and renting a storage unit that's big enough. Haven't actually looked at the costs but I'm sure it could be feasible.

Back
Top Bottom