STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Empty gym on this Easter.

Happy lifting bros

speaking of getting fat, last night i ate an entire 11" pizza.

tonight I had general tso's chicken + white rice.

time for an intense lifting / cardio workout :smh:

I've been cutting. 1800 cals most days- basically hit 180ish g of protein then whatever else. Sort of an IF approach- I skip breakfast and lunch so I can eat one or two larger meals at night + a couple shakes or whatever else to up the protein.

It sucks. I'm on a lot of stims to help curb the hunger. I'm sick of being 300+ lbs. Goal is 250 for now (easy to cut to the 242 weight class, just wish that weight class wasn't so stacked with talent, haha). If I can keep my numbers where they are then as a 242 they'll actually be kinda impressive.

Gonna make it.

1800 is really low for a 300lb. I cut at about 2300-2400 and thats when i get up to 220.

Dont skip breakfast keep that protein high. Its a slow process man. Take your time and do it right.
Crash dieting like that will have you hungry and cheating. Go dowm gradually keep putting in that work

1800 for 300lbs is way too low I agree. I would cut around 2200 like the above poster said.

Youre in danger of gaining it all back after you go back to (healthier) normal eating.

I crashed dieted at 1700-1800 cals but I was 210 at my heaviest. Im at 155-160 right now. Kept my protein high though and I have been able to keep the weight off and build muscle but eating healthy isnt a diet to me anymore but a lifestyle.

Last edited:
1800 at 300? Meadows would not approve.

I am in the same boat, I'm going to try to drop 50 after my next meet and compete in the 205s. I feel way better at that weight.

Last edited:
I also learned this the hard way myself man, but when you're Skipping / adjusting meals just so you can have a bigger one at a certain, you're not doing it right.

PM me one of us if you have more questions.

I've kept up 1800/day with once a week 2500 cal days before, just didn't have an end goal in sight. It's really not that bad. Eating 1800 a day cannot possibly be worse for my health than living at 330 lbs was.

I've kept up 1800/day with once a week 2500 cal days before, just didn't have an end goal in sight. It's really not that bad. Eating 1800 a day cannot possibly be worse for my health than living at 330 lbs was.

WELL, .......
That's not entirely true.

You can sort of ruin your metabolism by dropping like that.
Yeea you'll lose weight, but like someone else said, what about when you want to eat normal again....
then you go back to diet again. your body somewhat expects under 1800 at that point (hopefully you'll never be 300+ again)

trust me man I can defintely sympathize with you with wanting to get rid of it as soon as possible and being near that big.. but slow and steady wins this particular race.. my biggest problem now still. is loose skin... makes me look no where near as fit as I can be/ am.

you can still drop if you add an extra 400-500 calories in there. which is basically the breakfast/brunch you're skipping..

just put in your work in the gym as well man it will all come down.

WELL, .......
That's not entirely true.

You can sort of ruin your metabolism by dropping like that.
Yeea you'll lose weight, but like someone else said, what about when you want to eat normal again....
then you go back to diet again. your body somewhat expects under 1800 at that point (hopefully you'll never be 300+ again)

trust me man I can defintely sympathize with you with wanting to get rid of it as soon as possible and being near that big.. but slow and steady wins this particular race.. my biggest problem now still. is loose skin... makes me look no where near as fit as I can be/ am.

you can still drop if you add an extra 400-500 calories in there. which is basically the breakfast/brunch you're skipping..

just put in your work in the gym as well man it will all come down.
I'm actually working with a dude who has worked with some morbidly obese people before. So this isn't just like me making it up. When it comes time to switch back to maintenance he has a plan to slowly work back up my daily cals to 2500. 

He aint telling you everything man.

Trust us, cutting THAT low will negatively affect your metabolism and when you eat normal again you are going to gain a little weight back. What happene when you see progress then the progress stops, then you gain weight again? Youre gonna lose motivation, get off track and really let go again. Its a snowball affect.

Cut slow, I understand you wanna see progress, but you wanna do it the right way or youre gonna end up in the same position you are now. I lost 50lbs last year and have kept it off. Small goals man, this isnt a race, its a marathon. Dont just think about the goal, enjoy the journey, once you do thst it becomes a lifestyle and youll really be healthy and fit (and be able to keep it off).

Back
Top Bottom