STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

You just want to watch the world burn don't ya :lol:

I thought that article was gonna be about Plitt, wtf are these dudes doing to get hit by trains? I'm so confused.

And I can sorta rock with the logic of what Byukid said.. But I'm curious, what row variations would you do on the smith instead of the barbell or db?
Bent over rows where you both pull towards you and back- you'd hit your nuts with a barbell. Engages the lats awesomely, and you can pull heavier than a regular barbell. You can also experiment with grip width more easily. 

I also like doing the "strip the rack" presses- same idea as the scraping bent over rows but instead of pulling towards you, you push away from you as you push up. If the smith machine is tall enough, this winds up working really well.

Bent over rows where you both pull towards you and back- you'd hit your nuts with a barbell. Engages the lats awesomely, and you can pull heavier than a regular barbell. You can also experiment with grip width more easily. 

I also like doing the "strip the rack" presses- same idea as the scraping bent over rows but instead of pulling towards you, you push away from you as you push up. If the smith machine is tall enough, this winds up working really well.
Can't argue with either of those imo.

Can't argue with either of those imo.

How would you hit your nuts with a barbell doing a bent over row?

Theres no exercise thats more effective on a smith machine than a barbell. None.

After compounds of course... Superset mid cable rows with a row variation on the smith = money.

that's the beauty of lifting... there are no superlatives and it's all relative. Don't knock it if you ain't tried it

Last edited:
when i was on the big island i saw this kinda big fat guy come into the hotel gym with some friends and go straight for the smith and threw 2 plates right off the bat no warm up. dude got pinned. weight dropped down like a ton of bricks. he couldn't even inch the bar up to the pins. his friends lifted it up and they all left. that was really sad.

How would you hit your nuts with a barbell doing a bent over row?

Theres no exercise thats more effective on a smith machine than a barbell. None.
Did you miss the "also pull towards you" part? It's like trying to pull in a diagonal, but since it's on a rail, you don't. It's a completely different feel than a regular barbell row. 

So I had back surgery Dec 19 (Microdisctomy L3-L4-L5; sciatic nerve pain)

I feel phenomenal. My Physical therapy is going really well.

I tested myself yesterday and jogged about 5 mins, and it felt fine. I'll probably start ramping it up by the second week of April.

Question is; does anyone think I should wait longer? Or just go by how my body feels.

I want to start lifting and getting into a gym regiment soon. 

So I had back surgery Dec 19 (Microdisctomy L3-L4-L5; sciatic nerve pain)

I feel phenomenal. My Physical therapy is going really well.

I tested myself yesterday and jogged about 5 mins, and it felt fine. I'll probably start ramping it up by the second week of April.

Question is; does anyone think I should wait longer? Or just go by how my body feels.

I want to start lifting and getting into a gym regiment soon. 
Damn, brah.

I honestly wouldn't even feel right giving you advice on that. All I can say is make sure you're fully recovered, and then make sure again. Preferably through professional consultation, not some random people on a sneaker forum.
Oh no I am, my therapist said wait till end of May. I'll probably schedule another appointment with my surgeon.

But I know a few people have had this surgery on here.

My brother who has had 2 of these surgeries, was good after 3 months. I'm thinking I'll wait another month, but I feel so good it's a ***** to keep waiting 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
How do yall take creatine mono?

Just ordered some and im thinking about putting it in my blender bottle and mixing it with grape juice.

im just worried that its gonna give me stomach pains/crazy diarrhea which I cant afford to happen since im at school/work all day. 

How do yall take creatine mono?

Just ordered some and im thinking about putting it in my blender bottle and mixing it with grape juice.

im just worried that its gonna give me stomach pains/crazy diarrhea which I cant afford to happen since im at school/work all day. 

I use water, take maybe 2.5grams and see how your stomach reacts, make sure to drink more water as well throughout the day.

Back
Top Bottom