STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

i love korean bbq. no worries on the starving yourself for the day. just get in there and order tons of meat, make sure you grill up some garlic cloves with the meat, eat the rice in moderation and enjoy the various vegetable side dishes.

any of you all ever had Korean BBQ? Going to a spot this weekend with my girl more than likely. Might fast for the entire day until we go.

I wouldn't fast, it's meat heavy, only thing that is usually an issue for me is the rice patties. I stay away from those now. It's heavey veggies and meat, Paleo friendly.

Go ham.

gotcha lol guess my Strict Cut begins next week smh, I planned on still going out every so often just not to All you can eat spots where you can binge eat. This is something I always wanted to try. I also want to go to Fogo De chao but I know I`ll probably consume 4-5k calories EASY

HOW IS YOU'RE GOING TO GET TIRED OF THAT IN A WEEK EQUATE TO YOU NEED BETTER OPTIONS.

WHO ARE YOU TO SAY THATS A BORING MEAL?

KIND OF LIKE WHO ARE PEOPLE TO TELL LUCKY HE CAN GAIN A CERTAIN AMOUNT 0F # ON DL.

IF LUCKY FINNA CHOOSE TO UP HIS WEIGHT TO KEEP IN TRACK WITH AN EXPONENTIALLY FAST LINEAR GROWTH LET HIM ROCK

IF DUKE WANTS TO MAINTAIN THAT TYPE OF MEAL FOR BULKING LET HIM COOK

FOH

why are you yelling papi? breathe easy. People challenging Lucky on his lifting potential is impossible because nobody truly knows what his body is capable of besides him and God.

Im going to assume part of that is related to what I said, so ill ask you... How is it impossible?

The "anything is possible attitude is just fine and dandy, but we all know its just a motivational phrase and not factual.

How is it out of bounds for me to say that a certain number is unlikely?

Im going to assume part of that is related to what I said, so ill ask you... How is it impossible?

The "anything is possible attitude is just fine and dandy, but we all know its just a motivational phrase and not factual.

lol how is adding 50 lbs on a DL unlikely to happen?

Becuz Dr Durden people live in fairy tale worlds and the truf scares dem

lol how is adding 50 lbs on a DL unlikely to happen?

....Because it isnt just 50 lbs. You cant marginalize it into this abstract number of just "50". This isnt a 50 lb increase from 135 to 185. Going from 350 to 400 is significant. You can have adequate strength, decent mobility, and terrible form and still go from 135 to 185 in a few weeks/months. Your **** needs to be in order to go from 350 to 400. And to think that this'll likely happens imply because youre bulking.... Too many other factors in play.

TOOK MY MOM AND FAMB OUT TO KBBQ FOR HER BDAY MID AUGUST.

IT WAS ALL U CAN EAT. I DIDINT GET THAT EFF MY TUMMY FEELING OF OVEREATING BC I DIDNT GORGE.

I WAS GETTING MY BIZARRE FOODS ON GRILLING UP INTESTINE AND GIZZARDS.

AND MAN DA SCALLION PANCAKES.

KIM CHI 

OMNOMNOMNOM.

ONE THING I HAD TO COMPLAIN WAS THE MARINADES WERE SWEET HEAVY. I LIKE MY MEAT SAVORY

TEEHEE

....Because it isnt just 50 lbs. You cant marginalize it into this abstract number of just "50". This isnt a 50 lb increase from 135 to 185. Going from 350 to 400 is significant. You can have adequate strength, decent mobility, and terrible form and still go from 135 to 185 in a few weeks/months. Your **** needs to be in order to go from 350 to 400. And to think that this'll likely happens imply because youre bulking.... Too many other factors in play.

if I`m lifting 350 3-5 times for reps I believe my 1 rep max would be about 370-380 or something. As Stated before I believe getting 400 in 4-6 months of a bulk would not be as impossible as you are making it out to be. it took me from August last year to April or March to go from 185-260 which is 75 lbs in 7 months, give or take me getting to say 205-225 could have been noob gains.

Only time I would say that 5 pounds added feels like 50 pounds is on bench.

Man, when I started to get in the 4s, every 2.5 pounds felt like I added a person on to the bar.

Dead lifting is such a mind game, I see people sike themselves out so much.

Give up at their knees - the hardest part is from the ground to knees for Christ sake !

Stay focused and crush your goals.

damn my fitness pal got me thinking mono and poly unsaturated fats are bad :smh: Had me where my goal should be 0.... uuuhhh, nah?

Monounsaturated fat. This is a type of fat found in a variety of foods and oils. Studies show that eating foods rich in monounsaturated fats (MUFAs) improves blood cholesterol levels, which can decrease your risk of heart disease. Research also shows that MUFAs may benefit insulin levels and blood sugar control, which can be especially helpful if you have type 2 diabetes.

Polyunsaturated fat. This is a type of fat found mostly in plant-based foods and oils. Evidence shows that eating foods rich in polyunsaturated fats (PUFAs) improves blood cholesterol levels, which can decrease your risk of heart disease. PUFAs may also help decrease the risk of type 2 diabetes. One type of polyunsaturated fat, omega-3 fatty acids, may be especially beneficial to your heart. Omega-3s, found in some types of fatty fish, appear to decrease the risk of coronary artery disease. They may also protect against irregular heartbeats and help lower blood pressure levels.

Lol, I use MyFitnessPal strictly as a journal to balance out my macros.  Everything else should be taken with a grain of salt.

Only time I would say that 5 pounds added feels like 50 pounds is on bench.

Man, when I started to get in the 4s, every 2.5 pounds felt like I added a person on to the bar.

Dead lifting is such a mind game, I see people sike themselves out so much.

Give up at their knees - the hardest part is from the ground to knees for Christ sake !

Stay focused and crush your goals.
Hey man I feel like I have plateued on bench, Im at 265 and cant go up. I feel like I am adding strength everwhere else. I have tried to mix it up but still no go. Any advice?

so i ordered creatine when gnc was doing the 2 for $25 sale. I am not going to go through the "saturation" phase. Just going to start adding a couple grams and see how my body reacts.

Question: the bottle says 5 pills = 3.5 grams of creatine. So i did the lean body mass creatine calculation for maintenance and it said about 2.7 grams a day for maintenance. Which seems cool so i will be taking about 4 pills a day. But for the saturation phase it said i would need 23 grams a day....that would be taking 6-7 DOSES a day aka 30-35 PILLS PER DAY!!....do people really do that? I can't imagine putting that many pills into my body with out thinking i was going to kill myself :lol:

Is that right? Do people actually do this? Or just buy the powder because its easier.

so i ordered creatine when gnc was doing the 2 for $25 sale. I am not going to go through the "saturation" phase. Just going to start adding a couple grams and see how my body reacts.

Question: the bottle says 5 pills = 3.5 grams of creatine. So i did the lean body mass creatine calculation for maintenance and it said about 2.7 grams a day for maintenance. Which seems cool so i will be taking about 4 pills a day. But for the saturation phase it said i would need 23 grams a day....that would be taking 6-7 DOSES a day aka 30-35 PILLS PER DAY!!....do people really do that? I can't imagine putting that many pills into my body with out thinking i was going to kill myself :lol:

Is that right? Do people actually do this? Or just buy the powder because its easier.

I just buy the powder, alot easier to manage for me that way,
But no I personally don't believe in the 'loading phase', Just run it at an even amount throughout

current creatine im on

very good

I just buy the powder, alot easier to manage for me that way,
But no I personally don't believe in the 'loading phase', Just run it at an even amount throughout

reped for the replies thanks guys. I was just mind blown at the thought of taking 35 pills of anything in a day. I'm just going to go with a steady 3-4 a day until the two bottles i got are gone (120 in each) see if i want to keep using it or switch it up.

No humble brag...

I'm strongly considering just wearing long sleeve tees and hoodies to the gym now. Lately I've been making a mental note of how many times I get interrupted in there by folks asking questions or wanting to talk and chop it up. Yesterday it was 6 people, the day before it was 5. And it's always the same questions..'how long did it take you to get that big (which I don't even consider myself big) or, how do you stay lean (they hate to hear how strict I am) or what kind of protein powder is the best and works the fastest (confusion sets in when I tell them I don't use powders anymore and that protein isn't a quick type of thing) , they ask about creatine and diet plans and exercises and if I want to partner up lol and then there's those other guys that just want to talk..about sports, women, the economy o_0 (because I'm a finance/econ guy)....Like come on guys, I'm busy! I always appreciate the compliments, cats telling me I'm their motivation or inspiration, that's great, I'm glad to be a good rolemodel, but catch me before I start, or afterwards, the constant breaking of my rhythm is annoying. I guess it's my own fault for wearing tanks and cut off tees, but I like to see the muscles moving as I'm working them, makes me go harder. I'm just a nice guy, people want to talk, I let them. Maybe I'm just so desperate for friendship that I subconsciously want them to bother me? lmao nah. *FYI this is only in reference to the males, I have no prob when females approach me and do these exact same actions lol.*

#FitnessProblems lol /end rant

on a side note though..my new shorty is a yoga/pilates instructor...lil downward dog action is in the near future..

Last edited:
if I`m lifting 350 3-5 times for reps I believe my 1 rep max would be about 370-380 or something. As Stated before I believe getting 400 in 4-6 months of a bulk would not be as impossible as you are making it out to be. it took me from August last year to April or March to go from 185-260 which is 75 lbs in 7 months, give or take me getting to say 205-225 could have been noob gains.

I think it's he's trying to say going from 200 to 250 is different than 350-400 and don't be discouraged about it and to keep up the work champ :wink:

ive been spending the last couple weeks refining my deadlift technique and ive finally got it down to where i want it. had to take a step back from 4 plates and work my way back up with lighter weight. to all you deadlifters out there who want to perfect your form best thing to do is film yourself and critique yourself. i see SOOO many people that deadlift but their form is REALLY bad. way too many people squatting the weight up, their hips shooting up and rounded backs.

my biggest mistake was not keeping my hips back/high enough and not loading up my hamstrings. once i worked on fixing this i was literally pulling the weight off the ground in 1 smooth motion without hips shooting up or any rounding of the back. watching jonnie candito has helped my deadlift improve drastically.

Last edited:
No humble brag...

I'm strongly considering just wearing long sleeve tees and hoodies to the gym now. Lately I've been making a mental note of how many times I get interrupted in there by folks asking questions or wanting to talk and chop it up. Yesterday it was 6 people, the day before it was 5. And it's always the same questions..'how long did it take you to get that big (which I don't even consider myself big) or, how do you stay lean (they hate to hear how strict I am) or what kind of protein powder is the best and works the fastest (confusion sets in when I tell them I don't use powders anymore and that protein isn't a quick type of thing) , they ask about creatine and diet plans and exercises and if I want to partner up lol and then there's those other guys that just want to talk..about sports, women, the economy o_0 (because I'm a finance/econ guy)....Like come on guys, I'm busy! I always appreciate the compliments, cats telling me I'm their motivation or inspiration, that's great, I'm glad to be a good rolemodel, but catch me before I start, or afterwards, the constant breaking of my rhythm is annoying. I guess it's my own fault for wearing tanks and cut off tees, but I like to see the muscles moving as I'm working them, makes me go harder. I'm just a nice guy, people want to talk, I let them. Maybe I'm just so desperate for friendship that I subconsciously want them to bother me? lmao nah. *FYI this is only in reference to the males, I have no prob when females approach me and do these exact same actions lol.*

#FitnessProblems lol /end rant

on a side note though..my new shorty is a yoga/pilates instructor...lil downward dog action is in the near future..
you're letting society suppress your swole. Just politely and strongly tell interrupters that youd be happy to chop it up after you get done lifting but your focused right then.

Freeze: That's the worst. Perhaps my single biggest pet peeve. I assume most people mean well, but it becomes a distraction. Time and place, people.

Helpful tip is visibly displaying your headphones and iPod, often deters would be distractions.

Back
Top Bottom