STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

honestly, if i dont do so many, i dont really feel it in my back, i can probably go for 20 reps of 225 but like i said, my grip just fades

ive done 30 straight of 185, but i can actually hold that weight

Grip strength

Get a towel and put it over a bar. Then hang on it

Try and rip a bunch of pages from old newspapers

My new Schedule

0800-1630 - Work (6am wake up)

1800-2045- Class

2130-2230- Gym

Sleep by 0000

It's been rough but I've been trying to make due, I'm used to going to the gym early in the morning , like 4am, but no longer can do that because of my schedule. I think they only rough thing about my schedule is that I have to actually pack meals and snacks, and it's a little bit rough to get some sleep right after coming back from the gym. 

yo, whats the situation with deadlifts??

for you heavy lifters, what was your point of grip problems?

ive noticed i am more than capable of doing 300+, but i can only do one set of 10 dls @ 225 without taking breaks because of my grip problems

after the first set, the weight pries my fingers open and i have to let my forearms and fingers recoup before finishing my second and third sets

am i a wussy? or is this a common game changer weight?
But who was wide back

ive noticed i am more than capable of doing 300+, but i can only do one set of 10 dls @ 225 without taking breaks because of my grip problems

after the first set, the weight pries my fingers open and i have to let my forearms and fingers recoup before finishing my second and third sets

I do one hand under and the other over. Then I switch hands each set so I don't get only comfortable with one configuation.
ive tried it but i feel like its cheating too much, the weight feels so much lighter to me for some reason

but most importantly, it feels weird, my leg is like in the way and i cant find the sweet spot on the bar 

any more tips?

The negative stigma you tough guys have given straps is hilarious. If your grip gives out, use straps. Why limit your back workout because of your weak grip? That's nonsensical.

Last edited:
Just got my order of exercise bands in.

60" with padded handles. All 3 for under $12. Can't wait to work with these when I travel. The gyms can be pretty hit-or-miss, but I should be good now since these bands can pre-exhaust me.

Heavy

Extra Heavy

Ultra Heavy

Last edited:
yep, honestly, for vanity purposes only, the weight really doesn't matter as much as the form and the strategy for attack. There's a definite difference between bodybuilders, weightlifters and fitness models. Being strong is cool, but when will you really need to squat 400lbs in life? And then say you can, are you going to tell people that you can, walk around with a sign perhaps? '

do the hook grip, hurts like hell tho so I dont do it :lol:

Repped.^

How is this for a typical bulk meal?

Give you about a week and a half before you get sick of it.
didnt you just complain about how ppl where getting at you and you responded well people have different bodies.

now you're discouraging dude same way .

jesus the bro hypocrisy 

you're joking right? In no way is that the same thing. That's a boring meal, who wouldn't get tired of it? He didn't tell dude not to bulk, he just gave him a heads up that he'll need to have other options.

lmaooo guys just be waiting to pop off hahahaha

HOW IS YOU'RE GOING TO GET TIRED OF THAT IN A WEEK EQUATE TO YOU NEED BETTER OPTIONS.

WHO ARE YOU TO SAY THATS A BORING MEAL?

KIND OF LIKE WHO ARE PEOPLE TO TELL LUCKY HE CAN GAIN A CERTAIN AMOUNT 0F # ON DL.

IF LUCKY FINNA CHOOSE TO UP HIS WEIGHT TO KEEP IN TRACK WITH AN EXPONENTIALLY FAST LINEAR GROWTH LET HIM ROCK

IF DUKE WANTS TO MAINTAIN THAT TYPE OF MEAL FOR BULKING LET HIM COOK

FOH

Last edited:
End of my 6 week Push/Pull/Legs routine, with this week being the last deload week.

Starting next week, going with the Candito 6 week program with minor modifications as well as modifying my diet.

Going IIFYM with 40%P/35%F/25%C

Let's get it!

That's a boring meal

Throw some ideas my way, because I'm more about quantity vs. quality. Wouldn't mind a little variety though.

My meals almost always consist of chicken/beef/eggs; whole grain rice/pasta/bread; veggie; cottage cheese, milk, yogurt.

So if you continue to naturally progress you're gonna get stronger tho... I assume your motivation is to be a stronger version of yourself week after week. That's healthy. I think it's less healthy to want to make gains so you can compare yourself with others. Sure fitness has some great benefits in how others perceive you but ultimately it should be about how you perceive yourself. (Tangent ofd your post - not disagreeing)
I know I personally could not handle lifting and them trying to go to sleep right after. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do tho. Waking up two hoursbefore work seems somewhat eexcessive no way of cutting down morning time?
It takes me a while to get up, but the latest I'd get up for a morning session is 430, I have to be back in the house by 6am to leave by 7am. Unfortunately I also have to battle everyone else getting up around that time. So I'm trying working out at night, I'm fine as far as energy levels, I just can't seem to cut my brain off until 1am.

Sacrifices must be made.

LOL I said son is going to get sick of it because eating the same go to meals gets old. I don't believe in eating the same thing over and over or that one week meal prep crap. Unless you just simply don't know how to cook or are prepping for a show it seems wack. I will say I've gotten to the point where I know the general nutritional values for most foods/ingredients I like so I just find recipes and do the math for the calories and macros. That's me though, you guys do what you want.

HOW IS YOU'RE GOING TO GET TIRED OF THAT IN A WEEK EQUATE TO YOU NEED BETTER OPTIONS.

WHO ARE YOU TO SAY THATS A BORING MEAL?

KIND OF LIKE WHO ARE PEOPLE TO TELL LUCKY HE CAN GAIN A CERTAIN AMOUNT 0F # ON DL.

IF LUCKY FINNA CHOOSE TO UP HIS WEIGHT TO KEEP IN TRACK WITH AN EXPONENTIALLY FAST LINEAR GROWTH LET HIM ROCK

IF DUKE WANTS TO MAINTAIN THAT TYPE OF MEAL FOR BULKING LET HIM COOK

FOH

why are you yelling papi? breathe easy. People challenging Lucky on his lifting potential is impossible because nobody truly knows what his body is capable of besides him and God.

We can't have an opinion that that is a boring meal? Why can't we? Nobody said it wouldn't be tasty. But everything gets old after a while. Nobody told him not to eat it, you're getting way to emotional over a simple statement. Lucky has the innate ability to rustle jimmies like only few can lol.

Back
Top Bottom