STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Do you know how difficult it is to have a 50 -70 lb increase in an exercise? Going from 350 to 400 is a massive increase.

*Waits for hater/etc. remarks*

Do you know how difficult it is to have a 50 -70 lb increase in an exercise? Going from 350 to 400 is a massive increase.

I went from 260 DL in like April to 350 now, didn't even do deadlifts in may June and July

I went from 260 DL in like April to 350 now, didn't even do deadlifts in may June and July

So? Just because there was an initial gain in the beginning doesnt mean that linear relationship is going to continue.

I've been eating Pho almost everyday this week but I am worried about what they put in the broth.

there's probably a ton of sodium but not too many calories i'm guessing. probably macros similar to beef stock. if you're afraid of carbs (i'm not), be more worried about the noodles. i fricken love pho - i try to order mine with extra beef brisket.

Initial gain in what beginning? I've been dead lifting from August 2012 to April 2012, never did I state I started deadlifting April 2012. Lol my initial gain was starting from what ever I was doing in August which was like 185 to the 260 if you want to say that was the "beginning"

What are y'all even defining or using as standards? Everyone is different you can't tell someone what they can or can't do strength wise because there is no formula or calculation to be done.

I've been eating Pho almost everyday this week but I am worried about what they put in the broth.

there's probably a ton of sodium but not too many calories i'm guessing. probably macros similar to beef stock. if you're afraid of carbs (i'm not), be more worried about the noodles. i fricken love pho - i try to order mine with extra beef brisket.

I looked it up online. It says sometimes they put MSG. I'm going to tell them not to next time.

Luck dont worry about the numbers if your not training for strength, just make sure you are adding weight over time. 

Did legs today. 5x3 on squats then 2x1, also did some box squats trying to get my speed up from the hole.

Luck dont worry about the numbers if your not training for strength, just make sure you are adding weight over time. 

Did legs today. 5x3 on squats then 2x1, also did some box squats trying to get my speed up from the hole.

yep, honestly, for vanity purposes only, the weight really doesn't matter as much as the form and the strategy for attack. There's a definite difference between bodybuilders, weightlifters and fitness models. Being strong is cool, but when will you really need to squat 400lbs in life? And then say you can, are you going to tell people that you can, walk around with a sign perhaps? '

yo, whats the situation with deadlifts??

for you heavy lifters, what was your point of grip problems?

ive noticed i am more than capable of doing 300+, but i can only do one set of 10 dls @ 225 without taking breaks because of my grip problems

after the first set, the weight pries my fingers open and i have to let my forearms and fingers recoup before finishing my second and third sets

am i a wussy? or is this a common game changer weight?

ive noticed i am more than capable of doing 300+, but i can only do one set of 10 dls @ 225 without taking breaks because of my grip problems

after the first set, the weight pries my fingers open and i have to let my forearms and fingers recoup before finishing my second and third sets

I do one hand under and the other over. Then I switch hands each set so I don't get only comfortable with one configuation.

Don't do so many reps

Don't do so many reps
honestly, if i dont do so many, i dont really feel it in my back, i can probably go for 20 reps of 225 but like i said, my grip just fades

ive done 30 straight of 185, but i can actually hold that weight

I do one hand under and the other over. Then I switch hands each set so I don't get only comfortable with one configuation.
ive tried it but i feel like its cheating too much, the weight feels so much lighter to me for some reason

but most importantly, it feels weird, my leg is like in the way and i cant find the sweet spot on the bar 

any more tips?

honestly, if i dont do so many, i dont really feel it in my back, i can probably go for 20 reps of 225 but like i said, my grip just fades

ive done 30 straight of 185, but i can actually hold that weight
Straps? But I would lower the reps for deads.

Back
Top Bottom