STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Punished back today. Started off with some DLs:

135x5
225x5
315x5
335x5
355x5
365x1

Hopefully get to 4 plates by the end of October.

Finished off with T Bar Rows, Seated Rows, and DB Rows. Bicep work after all that.
Nice work bro!

I did shoulders this morning.  Made them ******* cry!!!.  Felt so good....LOL

900x900px-LL-0444cc92_208A4FFC-2115-4C71-BF2C-965D274CE98A-108-00000000A4FD886A_zps1e19c86f.jpeg

Motivation that anybody can start from lard and get in shape. Keep working hard Lucky

Starting Sept 29th, Ima get a little dirty on this bulk. Continue till March, but I want to be lean again by June without sacrificing too much muscle.

Gotta figure this out.

I can't wait till winter to bulk. Like Chris Jones says "keepin it dirty till the **** get flirty"

Today's WOD

Every minute on the minute, start off with the 4 burpees, then jump into your sit-ups, every minute you must stop and give another 4 burpees till you get 200 sit-ups, same for all the other excersices, this right here WAS NO JOKE BROS....finished in 56 minutes, felt like death...

Looks awesome, doing Angie today, but will save this for a class next week. Everyone comes back all sluggish after holiday weekends, hit them where it hurts.

Today's WOD

Every minute on the minute, start off with the 4 burpees, then jump into your sit-ups, every minute you must stop and give another 4 burpees till you get 200 sit-ups, same for all the other excersices, this right here WAS NO JOKE BROS....finished in 56 minutes, felt like death...
Cross fit?

Last edited:
Thanks, any specific exercises you suggest?

I like a variety of movements. I prefer to start with open kinetic chain movements (using weights like DBs), but eventually progress to more complex, closed kinetic chain patterns (various shrugs using bodyweight from pull up bars, rings, etc.). To start off, here are some good movements:
For scapular depression, I like the Unilateral Trap-3 Raise (). I like to keep a 1-2 second isometric hold at the top of the lift. I don't like the bilateral variation for people new to scapular depression movements.
For scapular retraction, I really like the Band Pull Apart () and hold 1-2 seconds with the band against the chest, with a slow negative to get good activation of the Middle Trapezius. I also like the Powell Raise (). You could also use the DB T Raise ().

Focus on feeling the contraction of the muscle. If you cannot feel it, it probably is not working (not dogma, it has some merit). Focus on quality over quantity, and don't be afraid to increase weights gradually (not at the expense of form, though). Over time, you can increase to bodyweight movements, which are harder than dumbbell movements.

For example, for scapular retraction you do the Arching Scapular Pull In, a la Ido Portal (). The goal is to let the body arch, and can be done for reps or time. The higher you pull your hips, the harder it becomes.

The Scapular Pull Up(http://youtu.be/RYwCmPNGtRc) is good for developing scapular depression strength, and can be progressed to using 1 arm.

You could also do scapular retraction movements in a bodyweight row position, progressing eventually to 1 arm at a time.

Damn whoever posted the cellucor deal.

Probably didn't need it but ordered the peanut butter marshmallow + cinnamon swirl + cookies and cream just because I heard great things about the taste.

Thanks btw

And what does everyone use for pancake/waffle mix to mix with protein powder? Was looking at: http://www.bigtrain.com/low-carb-pancake-waffle-mix-9oz-retail-bag-p-2651.aspx and the macros look amazing.

NUTRITION FACTS
Serving size: ¼ cup (28 g) Mix makes 3 Pancakes Prepared (110 g)

Amount per 8 fl oz serving

Calories 90 Calories from Fat 5

%Daily Value*

Total Fat 0.5g 1%

Saturated Fat 0g 0%

Trans Fat 0g

Cholesterol 0mg 0%

Sodium 300mg 13%

Total Carbohydrates 12g 4%

Dietary Fiber 5g 20%

Sugar 0g

Protein 11g

Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%

Calcium 4% Iron 6%

Last edited:
Been out of this thread for a bit. Been maintaining but looking to shed off these last 10lbs. Should be slimmed down by October. Need some new running shoes and some cold weather work out gear for the fall.

those fries suck, but hey unlimited is good :lol:
This is why I stay away from that stuff...ie the unlimited shrimps at Red Lobster too :lol:

Got the new headphone today and dang....they bump! Working out was much more enjoyable today. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom