STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Help me out guys ...

I think I forgot the math. I have leaned out a lot but I feel and see that I'm losing mass.

The math I'm using is from when I used to lift before .... i started again and I'm moving heavy weights for 6 to 10 reps.

Instead of getting bigger Im losing and I know is my diet. Im keeping it at 2k calories a days but my macros vary way to much.

The only think I was concentrating was getting .8g of protein per kg of body weight.

Example 210lbs ÷ 2.2 = 96.36 kg x .08g = 77.09g of protein.

Should I be consuming more protein or is that sufficient for building muscle? I really don't want to change the types of foods to accommodate more protein but if I have to I have to.
keko jones keko jones 0.8g per 1kg is almost paltry papa.

I would more than double protein intake, more like 0.8g per 1lb.
Im trying to lean out and lose weight and not lose muscle mass.

dahell2.png

You're tryna build muscle while losing only fat on a cutting diet?

Dudes in here tryna "build muscle" on 77grams of protein a day and only 2000 calories - as full-grown men - and wondering why they're losing mass?
ezgif-2-0abf271375.gif

Im trying to lean out and lose weight and not lose muscle mass.

if you are already lifting & in a calorie deficit, trying to max out your protein intake will help you keep more lean muscle but to some extent you will likely lose some muscle along with the fat…by paying close attention to your lifts, i.e. ability to keep your reps/max/strength in the same range(s) you can roughly gauge if you are on the right path; somewhat dependent on your ‘training age’ tho

dahell2.png

You're tryna build muscle while losing only fat on a cutting diet?

Dudes in here tryna "build muscle" on 77grams of protein a day and only 2000 calories - as full-grown men - and wondering why they're losing mass?
ezgif-2-0abf271375.gif
Thats where I went wrong ... I swear I thought it was .08g t0 1g per bodyweight in kilo grams. Im eating calories based on my target weight and I can increase protein ....

You laugh .... but it is what it is others marble and ask for advice when they see me moving weight and see me posing.

And if I said put on muscle, I mean kept my muscle mass. I HAVE ENOUGH Just don't want to lose it.

Thats where I went wrong ... I swear I thought it was .08g t0 1g per bodyweight in kilo grams. Im eating calories based on my target weight and I can increase protein ....

You laugh .... but it is what it is others marble and ask for advice when they see me moving weight and see me posing.

And if I said put on muscle, I mean kept my muscle mass. I HAVE ENOUGH Just don't want to lose it.

1. I’ll assume you meant 0.8 - 1.0g/kg. That’s great for grandma and grandpa to not die, not optimal for dudes using the words cutting or bulking or lean IME.

2. If your target weight has you eating 2000 you must wanna either be pretty tiny or you’re a girl.

3. Others marbling (marveling) and asking you for advice means nothing to me; **** what I say, I’m just a dude on the interwebs. If you’re good, great, if bot, go get your stuff together.

(Folks marble at me and ask me for advice all the time, and I don’t think I’m special. Most folks are either fat or scrawny bastards so that doesn’t mean much IMO).

1. I’ll assume you meant 0.8 - 1.0g/kg. That’s great for grandma and grandpa to not die, not optimal for dudes using the words cutting or bulking or lean IME.

2. If your target weight has you eating 2000 you must wanna either be pretty tiny or you’re a girl.

3. Others marbling (marveling) and asking you for advice means nothing to me; **** what I say, I’m just a dude on the interwebs. If you’re good, great, if bot, go get your stuff together.

(Folks marble at me and ask me for advice all the time, and I don’t think I’m special. Most folks are either fat or scrawny bastards so that doesn’t mean much IMO).
Iight you got it ... seems like you like confrontation bro ... everytime I come in here you're going at it.

Im not even gonna throw numbers because is the internet like you stated. My target weight has me eating 2k because I want to cut the time to get there .....

So steller dudes answer the questions and dudes like you continue to assumed. Girl scronny not lifting heavy or whatever.

Seems like You're spewing a bunch of gym bro talk without scientific sources to back it. But it is what it is .....

Brehs.... Due to some chronic postural issues I haven't done OHP or anything shoulder/trap related in almost 3 years.

Silhouette on some Screech Powers ish :smh:

Hopefully I can get right and get back to lifting at 100% at some point down the line.

Iight you got it ... seems like you like confrontation bro ... everytime I come in here you're going at it.

Im not even gonna throw numbers because is the internet like you stated. My target weight has me eating 2k because I want to cut the time to get there .....

So steller dudes answer the questions and dudes like you continue to assumed. Girl scronny not lifting heavy or whatever.

Seems like You're spewing a bunch of gym bro talk without scientific sources to back it. But it is what it is .....

Bet.
full

it’s crazy how a 500lb deadlift is so casual at my gym now. And I go to a Golds Gym lol. I see so many younger folks hitting it lmao.

that **** took me forever to get too smh 💀

that’s like having a limited pair of Jordan 1 and next year Jordan rereleases it has a GR smh

at least I’m in the limited release 500lb squat club 😎

Damn
My goal for the first 6 months or so of the year is to hit 315 without my knee falling off :lol:

how much are you getting ⬆️ currently? do you have joint/knee issues from something or is this just the ravages old ode age concerns 😂?

it’s crazy how a 500lb deadlift is so casual at my gym now. And I go to a Golds Gym lol. I see so many younger folks hitting it lmao.

that **** took me forever to get too smh 💀

that’s like having a limited pair of Jordan 1 and next year Jordan rereleases it has a GR smh

at least I’m in the limited release 500lb squat club 😎
the benefit of being young.

how much are you getting ⬆️ currently? do you have joint/knee issues from something or is this just the ravages old ode age concerns 😂?
Just got back in the gym around thanksgiving, have deadlifted prob 5 times since and I got up to 245 last time

Long story short but I actually have arthritis in my knee. Not regular but rheumatoid arthritis. It’s spread to other joints but my knee is the worst. Sucks

Back
Top Bottom