STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

None of that bothers me, slamming weights or lifting in socks.

I started lifting in socks once I started getting up there with the weight and my shoes were squishing and never felt like buying lifting shoes now I can’t lift with shoes on.

what you think they were fighting about :lol:

for what i can make out between the shouting it seems like the lady in the sweatshirt works at the gym and was telling homie in the hoodie not to slam the weights & the mustachioed guy was trying to play enforcer by coming in hot 😂 foolishness…imagine if they actually got into it over this…both handled this so poorly/stupidly

I saw peoples lifting bare feet.. :smh:
:sick:

Lifting in socks is bad enough from a hygiene standpoint. Anyone lifting barefoot needs to be cleansed with fire. 🔥

None of that bothers me, slamming weights or lifting in socks.

I started lifting in socks once I started getting up there with the weight and my shoes were squishing and never felt like buying lifting shoes now I can’t lift with shoes on.

Dudes ITT still crack jokes about me and my shoes but the Tank Top Master Tank Top Master ain't never had that problem.
sass1.png

Folks that drop or slam weights are just a public nuisance (and are usually too weak to control the weight back down) but I wouldn't threaten to stab them. All I feel is pity.
Smug-Escanor.png

:sick:

Lifting in socks is bad enough from a hygiene standpoint. Anyone lifting barefoot needs to be cleansed with fire. 🔥

Dudes ITT still crack jokes about me and my shoes but the Tank Top Master Tank Top Master ain't never had that problem.
sass1.png

Folks that drop or slam weights are just a public nuisance (and are usually too weak to control the weight back down) but I wouldn't threaten to stab them. All I feel is pity.
Smug-Escanor.png

i can see why lifting barefoot might be a hygiene issue but why socks?

i don’t really think ‘macho mustache’ felt a way about him slamming the weights but moreso because he played the situation, maybe initially well intentioned, wrong…he escalated unnecessarily 😂😮‍💨

it something that we all seen play out to some extent where someone in a position of authority is trying to exercise that authority on someone who either doesn’t respect that authority/person or wants to incessantly argue about something with said person trying to use their authority, especially if said person is a woman & the offender is a man, and bystanders try to help out

Bought a pair of Nike Savaleos last week and they came in earlier than expected. I also have some Nike Romaleos 4s coming in a few days.

Planned on trying both to see which ones I like better then returning the other; but as a sneaker head I might just end up keeping both :lol:

Been squatting in Chucks/Metcons for years. Curious to see if proper lifting shoes makes a huge difference to me

20230108_123244~2.jpg

Last edited:
How is lifting in socks any worse than laying on a bench?

I just pull up to the rack and kick my shoes off. I’m not walking around the gym in socks.

By “lifting” I mean squats and deadlifts.

I just pull up to the rack and kick my shoes off. I’m not walking around the gym in socks.

Same. I deadlift in socks. Never had an issue before.

Who knows though, probably got some dirty looks from people in the background I never noticed 😂

Lots of guys do it at my gym, it’s totally normal.

Maybe in a anytime or something you’d get some looks but who cares about those guys. :lol:

Because the bench gets sanitized before I lay on it and the floor of the rack doesn't?
skip1.png

I know I leave sweat and spittle on the bottom platform/rack, sometimes wet, sometimes dry after putting in work. Some folks ain't breaking a sweat when they squat/push/pull but some of us are.

If the gym staff barely cleans the gym floor, I can only imagine how often they're cleaning the platforms.

If you don't see any potential issues with it and you're cool, I'll let you cook culture.
full

I’d hope you keep them on when you pull up and pop the trunk and have 5 pairs back there. :lol:

Bet.
full

I used to inspect public facilities (gyms, hopsicles, daycare centers, restaurants, food trucks) for a living so I know what's going on in those places, and those are DoD facilities that know they're getting inspected and have specific guidelines in place.

Like I said, do you.
full

People that drop or slam deadlifts are mad annoying.
pacspit.gif

Dude was in there today with straps dropping sets of 405 like they were hot.
hhh4.png

SN: Anyone who threatens to stab me in the gym is catching a hot one.
fredo.png
this is why I wear earphones. on the otherhand, it is distracting especially if the gym is on the 2nd floor and feels like the floor is going to collapse with all the slamming. thankfully, nothing on the gyms that I went have these neanderthals.

Help me out guys ...

I think I forgot the math. I have leaned out a lot but I feel and see that I'm losing mass.

The math I'm using is from when I used to lift before .... i started again and I'm moving heavy weights for 6 to 10 reps.

Instead of getting bigger Im losing and I know is my diet. Im keeping it at 2k calories a days but my macros vary way to much.

The only think I was concentrating was getting .8g of protein per kg of body weight.

Example 210lbs ÷ 2.2 = 96.36 kg x .08g = 77.09g of protein.

Should I be consuming more protein or is that sufficient for building muscle? I really don't want to change the types of foods to accommodate more protein but if I have to I have to.

Help me out guys ...

I think I forgot the math. I have leaned out a lot but I feel and see that I'm losing mass.

The math I'm using is from when I used to lift before .... i started again and I'm moving heavy weights for 6 to 10 reps.

Instead of getting bigger Im losing and I know is my diet. Im keeping it at 2k calories a days but my macros vary way to much.

The only think I was concentrating was getting .8g of protein per kg of body weight.

Should I be consuming more protein or is that sufficient for building muscle? I really don't want to change the types of foods to accommodate more protein but if I have to I have to.

technically, studies shows 0.8g per lb of bodyweight to be efficient.

however, I recommend 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight.

this is because some meals you eat might not have all the amino acids in a protein that is actually used to build muscle

or

if you eat a lot of protein in 1 sitting, your body may not utilize all that protein for muscle building and instead it will convert it into carbs (gluconeogenesis)

Help me out guys ...

What??? Where did I **** up? Now I'm tight ...

Should I get low calorie whey protein or how would you make up all that protein? Thats almost 310 extra calories just in protein I have to incorporate.

why keep to 2k calories if you are losing weight & trying to grow? in order to do so by definition, you would need to be in a calorie surplus…0.8 per kg is cool, you could do more to optimize of course because placing a priority on protein will give you more opportunities for your body to use it, but if your goal is not to lose/gain size you are going to want to be in something close to calorie surplus to maintain/grow

why keep to 2k calories if you are losing weight & trying to grow? in order to do so by definition, you would need to be in a calorie surplus…0.8 per kg is cool, you could do more to optimize of course because placing a priority on protein will give you more opportunities for your body to use it, but if your goal is not to lose/gain size you are going to want to be in something close to calorie surplus to maintain/grow
Im trying to lean out and lose weight and not lose muscle mass.

Back
Top Bottom