STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I'm genuinely curious here though, I've always heard it has good fats and what not. Same as olive oil.
When heated up, Olive Oil becomes a transfat. Using it as a salad dressing is cool but cooking with it is something a lot of folks do which they shouldn't. Low smoke oint.

Peanut oil is one of the better cooking oils but it is still oil. I would try to stay away from it when possible.

I didn't say it was UNhealthy, but fried anything isn't HEALTHY

When heated up, Olive Oil becomes a transfat. Using it as a salad dressing is cool but cooking with it is something a lot of folks do which they shouldn't. Low smoke oint.

Peanut oil is one of the better cooking oils but it is still oil. I would try to stay away from it when possible.

I didn't say it was UNhealthy, but fried anything isn't HEALTHY

You're making it seem like any heated olive oil becomes a trans fat, which is wrong.

As long as your oil doesn't get reheated or past it's smoke point, you're good.

You're making it seem like any heated olive oil becomes a trans fat, which is wrong.

As long as your oil doesn't get reheated or past it's smoke point, you're good.
But we can move on. I simply suggested that he didn't cook his chicken breast in peanut oil after a workout. That is all. We can drop it.

Last edited:
olive oil>>>

i wanna try coconut oil but im pretty sure it has flavor to it
I honestly only use it in my hair.

I cook popcorn with it only. Other than that, I don't use it. I don't really like the taste of coconut honestly. It was free, so I took it.

Wrong. Cis fatty acids don't transform to trans fatty acids through heating; that's a process called elaidinization. Heating olive oil is still not a good idea in my opinion due to the high amount of polyunsaturated fats(very reactive at high temperatures) and low smoke point.

Peanut oil is quite bad due to the poor omega 6:3 ratio. I would recommend a high monounsaturated or saturated fat oil (against the conventional dogma, yes) such as coconut oil, butter/ghee, etc. Olive oil is good if it is quality (most aren't) and not used for (high heat) cooking.

And you don't HAVE to eat it. Give it away to someone man. Stop letting them get you off track

EXACTLY! Just do what I did. I gave up sweets and fried foods for Lent but I ordered some girl scout cookies from a coworker's daughter 2 months ago and they came yesteray. Instead of eating them I told all my coworkers "FREE COOKIES, ENJOY" and set them out in the common area for everyone else to eat. /problem solved

Like Water
This insightful documentary brings viewers up close and personal with Ultimate Fighting Championship title holder Anderson Silva, aka The Spider. This follows the day-to-day life of Silva leading up to his 2010 fight vs. Chael Sonnen.

This is DAMN good. DAMN good. Right now the 2nd highest rated BIOGRAPHICAL Documentary on All of Netflix. If you need some motivation.

This may not seem like a lot to you guys, but I just hit 205 on the bench. Ive been working out (on/off) since 2008, and I have never really built my chest game up, sometimes due to lack of effort, injuries, or I just found it difficult to build my chest strength. Everything else, back, shoulders, legs etc I have gotten stronger and push a decent amount, not my chest though. To me this is a huge deal, really gave me confidence. I hit 6 reps with the last 2 spotted a tiny bit.

Hopefully in another few weeks I can hit 225.

3 days rest in between chest days really helps. I read that theres a peak time after a certain amount of recovery where optimal gains can be gotten. We'll see how this goes.

How do you lose belly fat? I want to lose the fat and gain some muscle, how can i?

Last edited:
This may not seem like a lot to you guys, but I just hit 205 on the bench. Ive been working out (on/off) since 2008, and I have never really built my chest game up, sometimes due to lack of effort, injuries, or I just found it difficult to build my chest strength. Everything else, back, shoulders, legs etc I have gotten stronger and push a decent amount, not my chest though. To me this is a huge deal, really gave me confidence. I hit 6 reps with the last 2 spotted a tiny bit.

Hopefully in another few weeks I can hit 225.

3 days rest in between chest days really helps. I read that theres a peak time after a certain amount of recovery where optimal gains can be gotten. We'll see how this goes.

Congrats and stay on it... I'm repping you because i understand the struggle of trying to hit 225.

I made it by hitting chest/tri & back/bi twice a week. You'll knock it out

any of you on a keto diet?

i start mine on monday.. sad i'm going to lose some gains, but i'm trying to lower my bf% before summer hits.

how much weaker are you in the gym during keto?

I am simply saying that cooking chicken in OIL is not HEALTHY.

Yo DC that simply isn't true man. If you drizzle a bit of EVOO on the pan, and plop a breast on it, its now being fried and unhealthy? Cmon b. Chill out now. I can see if dude was breading his chicken with flour, poured a cup of Oil into a pan and actually fried it but he isn't. Relax.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom