STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Learned a ton today on dl with my boy coaching me.

Overall my dl is pretty good, just gotta work on keeping my hips a little higher so they don’t rise before my pull. I get them right about 75% of the time towards the end.

Worked up to 425. Did a lot of sets of 5 at 365 with him watching my form and me correcting it.

Then he destroyed me on cable row super set variations.

Correct, protein synthesis is another thing. That I'm not too sure about. One thing I've learned is that the average american consumes almost double the recommended protein intake and that protein is not as big of an issue as we all make it out to be. There are vegan body builders and ultra marathon runners. I grew up pretty much exclusively carninivore but the evidence for switching to a plant based diet is borderline irrefutable.

I wish I could explain how good I felt as a vegan. Mental clarity, lost 25 lbs in a month. It's just an overall feeling of well-being that I want to get back to.
Did you read the China Study? Read it nearly 2 years ago and haven't had any meat since, save for Chilean sea bass a few times. But yeah, you never hear of anyone with a protein deficiency.

My girlfriend read that book.

I just do 1g of protein or maybe a little less to 1lb.

I’m not tripping if I only get 150g though.

Learned a ton today on dl with my boy coaching me.

Overall my dl is pretty good, just gotta work on keeping my hips a little higher so they don’t rise before my pull. I get them right about 75% of the time towards the end.

IMO the best cue to keep the hips from rising is to treat the DL like a push movement. Push through the floor like you're trying to physically move the floor, while simultaneously keeping the tension in the hamstrings/glutes using mind-muscle.

IMO the best cue to keep the hips from rising is to treat the DL like a push movement. Push through the floor like you're trying to physically move the floor, while simultaneously keeping the tension in the hamstrings/glutes using mind-muscle.

Gonna try that. I get all excited to pull it and forget a couple things sometimes. :lol:

:lol: I forgot but what was the amel curse again? didnt he get pinned benching a 50lb bar or something?

Man I don’t remember. I just remember he kept getting hurt and taking all the Bros down with him.

We were dropping like flies for a while there. I messed up my arm, tdogg got his back blown out. I know others got hurt too.

Participating in a 10k race for the first time and in need of some new running shoes. I've ran with Ultra Boosts and no complains there. Anyone have experience with these? Open to options as long as they reduce shin splints.

-Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 34
-Nike Free Run Flyknit 2017
-Asics?
-Saucony?

Participating in a 10k race for the first time and in need of some new running shoes. I've ran with Ultra Boosts and no complains there. Anyone have experience with these? Open to options as long as they reduce shin splints.

-Asics?
-Saucony?

Stay away from Nike/Adidas when it comes to running shoes. Go with Asics/Saucony/Brooks

Amel curse was just like the madden cover curse. you dont wanna believe its real but its real

Hopefully my dude is gucci bc i havent seen him post in forever

and the homey who started this thread. I knwo he had been diagnosed with something serious. hope hes okay too

-Asics?
-Saucony?
Go to a local store that looks at how you run. Road runner etc. they will see if you heel strike or over pronate. From there they will give you the shoes just right for you. Probably will be asics, brooks.
Stay away from Nike and adidas

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom