STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

So I've learned a lot with tracking on this cut and how the body reacts, works, peforms etc. I was told that carbs post workout are very important.

But what if you unexpectedly almost hit your carb intake before working out? Still necessary to eat some after?

My girl decided to take advantage of the Chipotle bogo for lunch and that put me at 10g short of my limit for the day :lol::smh:. Wasn't even thinking about intake at the time

Definitely not necessary, its not like you are going to lose muscle because you don't eat carbs post workout. It would be a bigger deal for someone running certain types of gear though.

Also to start the newest topic of debate...

Barberitos>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chipotle

Heavy push day today. I wanna get my flat stronger by my shoulders are killing me. Might just go back to incline. maybe try 190 5x5.

Whats the best number setting to have for incline DB pressing? If 1 being flat and 8 being all the way up?

Last edited:
Hit some squats earlier

135x10
225x5
315x5
365x5
405x1
315X5
225x5
135x5

Tried to do ohp with the hex bar. The way the hex bar is its difficult to unrack and rack it on the power rack. Its like this one so it has to hang on the top bar of that square part so i can rotate the bar and get inside the hex and press up

hex-deadlift-bar.jpg

Also since it says the bar is 80lbs the math is throwing me off lol

School year started so my eating/workout schedule is all messed up. Went in today scheduled to do the big 3 lifts 3 x 10 65% of my max but got hella fatigued after the first exercise. Only had some coffee and a small pastry in my stomach. Def gotta eat more

Also a part of the 30 year old crew. Turn 31 in December. The only thing that ever really bothers me these days is my right shoulder. Nothing crazy. Last week I was able to hit 405lbs on DL without wraps or the belt. Love these 5x5s.

thinking about doing keto after I finish this bulk. how is it?

So far so good. Definitely felt workout fatigue early on. It's been getting better. Definitely a mental challenge to cut out most carbs, if not all.

It helps that both my wife and I are doing it.

You're a beast though, you should be good papi.

Hit some squats earlier

135x10
225x5
315x5
365x5
405x1
315X5
225x5
135x5

Tried to do ohp with the hex bar. The way the hex bar is its difficult to unrack and rack it on the power rack. Its like this one so it has to hang on the top bar of that square part so i can rotate the bar and get inside the hex and press up

hex-deadlift-bar.jpg

Also since it says the bar is 80lbs the math is throwing me off lol
Never thought of that *weebay gif*

So it's like a log press if you use it like that?

Im thinking about Keto, I wouldn't go zero carbs though, just some pre and post workout. So like half Keto :lol:

Never thought of that *weebay gif*

So it's like a log press if you use it like that?

Like a neutral grip ohp.

I found mad variations of **** to do with the hex bar. Lol hex bar squats where u holding it above your shoulders (obviously light weight) but thats too serious for me. Gonna hit some.bent over rows with it today with the neutral grip

Im thinking about Keto, I wouldn't go zero carbs though, just some pre and post workout. So like half Keto :lol:

You could still go full keto allegedly with 30-60 grams c. SF energy drinks have like 2 grams in a whole can. G2 Gatorade has like 14grams in a whole bottle. Most protein bars have like 20-30 grams.

Basically all it took for me to do it was going with sugar free redbull, switching from regular milk to light almond milk, and cutting out cereal from my diet. I'm not a huge bread guy so I never got the itch for those types of carbs.

Bruhhhh im carrying a 45 plate from the seated row machine to the latpull down machine and some old walks up to me and asks if its a 45 then tries to take it from me. I was like what are you dealing with man? Im using this.

Why stuff like this always happen to me >D

On another note been bumpin The Best of Sade all week in the gym and going ham :pimp:

Been doing reverse pyramids for bench workouts. Starting out with 135 for 10, then 10x225, 205, 185, 165, then back to 135. Nearly gassed by the end but I feel it more than any other work out. Y'all got any other chest workout variations I should try?

Back
Top Bottom