STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Trying to get back up to 295 squat after I was sick for a week. It was the highest I ever got to so far. Almost lost it today on the 3rd rep of 275 
laugh.gif
. Started going forward and adrenaline kicked in and shot me back up straight into position

Also the one trainer who I had spot me (I actually asked for a spot) told me I should really focus on getting a** to the grass. But if I'm not mistaken when I saw that Lane Norton video, you don't necessarily have to right? Especially when I'm 6ft. Not like I'm half repping. I get low just when I go heavier I don't go as low.

Exactly, the whole point is you can eat whatever you want and its still all based on calories in vs calories out.

See this os where we disagree because i feel youre saying my 55 grams of carbs from a pepsi. Is the same as my 55 grams from a sweet potato.
All calories arent created equal.

Again its also easier for someone who isnt looking for a specific physique to say that.

Power lifters are looking to get stronger so they fuel them selves with a huger array of food.

Sports players / natural genetic people have an established metabolism and burn a crap ton of calories already

The average joe such as myself cant do this. Everyday of the week. We need good sources of macros. Structure. Consistency.

Every now and again is cool enjoy your self that one day out each week or 2. But you should be on point if youre actually looking to be a better physique then what you are.

As far as "cheatmeal" definition its a meal that takes you out of your macro numbers. Thats the purpose. And thats ok imo

But dont tell me to just adjust my macros everyday to eat whati want when i want. (When im looking to obtain. Certain/better physique) because that doesnt work for everyone. Especially people who arent at their ideal goal/physique

I get low just when I go heavier I don't go as low.
putting on more weight but decreasing the range of motion might have its' uses in some strength training (especially for bench and perhaps deadlifts) but for squats, i aim to hit parallel (or lower) every rep and don't count it as a real rep unless i do.

Lol, after all this drama with my knee and this nasty infection I've been fighting off since Monday, I was able to PR in my clean and jerk tonight lmao

Might go for the big 135 on power cleans tonight. Been a while but I think I got it. Been going hard on my back and legs.

Man. I still wanna see one of those little crossfit girls drop the bar on their head trying a snatch irl. Never fails to get me cracking up when I see those vids.

Man. I finally was able to up my bench 10# and finish all the sets after like 1.5 months. Switched to 5x5, 10 min cardio a day, at a fast pace, widened my grip up and touch the bar lower on my chest. **** was getting annoying, now let's see how long the next 10 takes...

Day 1 back in the gym this morning after a major fall-off. It's been a few months off with no regard for diet or health at all (drinking, etc.) Disgusted with myself. Never been as heavy as I am now and feel all-around like crap. No other reason except for my own laziness and excuses.

I will get back down to my goal weight though. One step at a time.

remember you can get your goal by eating what you want at any time as long as IFYMS
:nerd: Shots fired
I'm just kidding bro.

but good luck with your journey, I know the struggle of falling off and having to climb back up.

Man. I still wanna see one of those little crossfit girls drop the bar on their head trying a snatch irl. Never fails to get me cracking up when I see those vids.
I can't front. I know it might be weird, but I find videos of weightlifting fails to be interesting. I mean, yeah, I hope they're okay but still.

This one is something else, too.

On another note, I recently discovered kipping dips. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom