STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

three red lights 
roll.gif

Yooo that was painful to watch. Bar path wasn't even straight. Looked like he could've tipped over on that last rep.

Last edited:
Speaking for myself too I too have to get pretty wide to go atg for back squats. Front squats not so much which is why I typically like to front squat more than back.

But if he's getting results doing it that way I sure as hell won't knock him for it. :lol:

lol is he training for hypertrophy? or for a powerlifting competition? No? Then he can squat however he wants.

When working out starts to become a job, rather than a hobby, and an hour of lifting feels like an eternity (when you're used to lifting 1 1/2 hrs), what do y'all do? I've been lifting for 4 years now and I've lost all motivation to work out. The only reason why I force myself to go is because I don't want to be skinny again 
mean.gif
. Was thinking about trying out calisthenics and just canceling my membership but not sure if that's the right way to go. 

When working out starts to become a job, rather than a hobby, and an hour of lifting feels like an eternity (when you're used to lifting 1 1/2 hrs), what do y'all do? I've been lifting for 4 years now and I've lost all motivation to work out. The only reason why I force myself to go is because I don't want to be skinny again :smh: . Was thinking about trying out calisthenics and just canceling my membership but not sure if that's the right way to go. 

Take a few weeks off, keep your protein up and you won't lose too much mass, although you'll likely lose a ton of strength. You'll miss it then get back to it.

Take a few weeks off, keep your protein up and you won't lose too much mass, although you'll likely lose a ton of strength. You'll miss it then get back to it.
I've tried that already. Took 3/4 weeks off back in August cause I kept telling myself excuses, but it still didn't help. I did keep my protein on track though so I didn't lose mass, but I did lose a lot of strength during that time..

When working out starts to become a job, rather than a hobby, and an hour of lifting feels like an eternity (when you're used to lifting 1 1/2 hrs), what do y'all do? I've been lifting for 4 years now and I've lost all motivation to work out. The only reason why I force myself to go is because I don't want to be skinny again :smh: . Was thinking about trying out calisthenics and just canceling my membership but not sure if that's the right way to go. 

Try something different. Look up private or small group training studios in your area, try a Kettlebell class, or do like you said and focus on calisthenics but see if there's a group that meets or a workshop on it.

Other thing that works is to try out a few different gyms. New environment makes a huge difference for me, I'll often get better workouts because I spend half the time trying out different equipment.

lol is he training for hypertrophy? or for a powerlifting competition? No? Then he can squat however he wants.

He "squating" in a way where he can injury himself. It's not worth it

Last edited:
Try something different. Look up private or small group training studios in your area, try a Kettlebell class, or do like you said and focus on calisthenics but see if there's a group that meets or a workshop on it.

Other thing that works is to try out a few different gyms. New environment makes a huge difference for me, I'll often get better workouts because I spend half the time trying out different equipment.
I'll keep this in mind, thanks.

Injuries dont care about weight. I've seen people injury themselves just by picking up a pen off the ground or putting a box above their head incorrectly.

Form is everything.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom