STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Lol, for a second I thought we were going to get pages of the usual bodybuilding/crossfit arguments

It has been about 3 weeks since we had one.

I crack on Crossfit (probably the most in here.) But I have the up most respect for the people who do it. I'm in this thread because I love fitness. don't matter what kind it is. I respect it.

It has been about 3 weeks since we had one.

I crack on Crossfit (probably the most in here.) But I have the up most respect for the people who do it. I'm in this thread because I love fitness. don't matter what kind it is. I respect it.
same here.

i was hoping the argument would happen though.

was gonna ask these cats if they thought cake baking, gaming, or competitive eating was a sport

Anyway, to answer dudes question from a page before

Strict presses is what we use to get our jerk up at my weightlifting gym

We strict overhead press heavy at least twice a week under the weightlifting program we use

I've been weightlifting exclusively with a new coach for a couple months now and I've yet to see him program push presses

Last edited:

We strict overhead press heavy at least twice a week under the weightlifting program we use
no more crossfire gym?

i remember u saying that you want to find a new one

Some states that sport is a skill that is use on a competitive level.

Others states that sport requires athleticism and not just fitness.

Last edited:

I've been weightlifting exclusively with a new coach for a couple months now and I've yet to see him program push presses

That's weird; my coach have yet to focus on push press either. He's focusing on techniques and the movements of Jerks.

I was just told that strict push press can help you a lot when it comes to the jerk.

Last edited:
speaking of Crossfit, time for me to go on my run and do push ups and squats after...
#crossfittingGoals

I mis-spoke

Still at a crossfit gym

But a weightlifter runs a weightlifting program there

I don't do the crossfit classes anymore

Last edited:

That's weird; my coach have yet to focus on push press either. He's focusing on techniques and the movements of Jerks.

I was just told that strict push press can help you a lot when it comes to the jerk.

Strict push press? You mean just strict press right? No such thing as a strict push press

In general, I think that they try to stay away from the push press to keep weightlifters from getting the bad habit of pressing out on their jerks

Strict presses help you to stabilize the lockout.

Last edited:

Pb2 "fried" chicken with buffalo wing sauce.

Powdered peanuts put in some bacon bits dip in egg. little oil in the pot and fried. today is a low carb day for me and I was dying needed a touch of sanity since I didnt have my cheat day this week (having it Friday for a friends bday party)

Last edited:
Is it weird that my back feels better when im up or walking around than laying down? My back always hurts a bit when I wake up and I switched my matress to a firmer one, I even sleep on the firmer side that isnt broken in.

Last edited:
Is it weird that my back feels better when im up or walking around than laying down? My back always hurts a bit when I wake up and I switched my matress to a firmer one, I even sleep on the firmer side that isnt broken in.
As someone who's had a microdiscectomy and dealt with severe sciatic nerve pain, yeah that's weird.

I always felt fine laying down with a pillow under my knee, or in between my legs if i was on my side.

Since surgery last December, I feel fine though, don't really get nerve pain anymore, and if I do, its manageable. 

Just curious. Whats everybodys current goals right now? Strength and or physique wise?
physique wise?

got back from the Philippines at 225. 

currently 215.

i want a slow cut until april

ideal 190-195

Strength wise just gonna continue to follow my 5x5 routine it's been working real good so far.

Physique i wanna be 165 and 9% body fat I'm around 155 now and around the 11-12% range hopefully I get there in a year I thought i was doing it when I was 170++ but I looked so weird cause it was a lot of fat trying to this cleaner this time I'm 5'9 btw.

So I'm down about 14 pounds so far. I've been eating better, but also just not eating the **** I usually did. I'd usually have a good breakfast, maybe a decent lunch, then follow it up with a frozen pizza and half a pint of ben and jerrys. Or a semi-regular trip to McDonalds after work since "I had no time to eat well" which was ********.

I've always known what to eat and what's proper nutrition, so once I cut out those bad habits, I'm good. And it's funny, once you eliminate those really  bad meals regularly, I have a lot of wiggle room. I can eat healthily all day, and still have extra calories if I really need a handful or two of Cheez-Its (one of my favorites still) or some other little snack. I still have a cheat meal or two once a week.. or if I get lazy I try to find something with decent macros.

Weight lifting wise... I'm getting there
laugh.gif
. I've struggled with my stamina during my workouts. I blame it on not breathing and resting enough.. plus experimenting with what I'm eating before I workout. I usually feel lightheaded a few times per workout, I blame the squats which I've never done before now 
laugh.gif
 But today went fairly well. I like the program I'm using and I usually feel the soreness all over.

My goal right now? Continued weight loss while getting stronger and getting comfortable with these new lifts. I don't have a target weight in mind, but  maybe another 10-15 pounds and I'll stop eating at a deficit and just maintain my weight while continuing to lift and perfect my form. I'm more than content to keep the weight low right now to make sure I'm doing it right and proper before I try to move up too fast.

Last edited:
my goal is to not have to take so many plates off the bar when it's my turn lifting with the in-laws [emoji]128557[/emoji]

So I'm down about 14 pounds so far. I've been eating better, but also just not eating the **** I usually did. I'd usually have a good breakfast, maybe a decent lunch, then follow it up with a frozen pizza and half a pint of ben and jerrys. Or a semi-regular trip to McDonalds after work since "I had no time to eat well" which was ********.

good stuff dude it always starts with letting go of that fast food and sodas and stuff.
keep putting in that work.

I'm at 206 and started at 240ish back in December, after surgery in February I was 232.

Started my diet at 1500 calories and slowly creeping back up to 1800 daily. Trying to ease my body back into normal calorie range while losing weight.

Ideally I get to 180 :/

Since I brought my calories up to 1800 my lifts have been cleaner and I'm going heavier too. Funny how that works :lol:

Back
Top Bottom