STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I mean I enjoy meat, and will eat meat every meal, Chicken is the Lesser evil of all meat besides turkey, and Chicken tastes way better than turkey. At the end of the day I cant eat stuff I dont enjoy, like I said greek yogurt is one of the worst things I ever tried, I rather have almonds and a banana as a snack, my meals I like to get the bulk of my macros from, lol Im not gonna eat a pound of nuts for dinner.
I really wasn't suggesting any of that but ok.

You can load up on veggies as well.

I am simply saying that you should start focusing on the HEALTH part of the journey and not just the physical transformation aspect of it.

I really wasn't suggesting any of that but ok.
You can load up on veggies as well.
I am simply saying that you should start focusing on the HEALTH part of the journey and not just the physical transformation aspect of it.

i dont think there is a meat healthier than chicken besides Turkey or Buffalo or something.

Just gonna throw this out there... but do you guys browse /fit/?

Honestly I laugh so hard at some of the stuff on there. So funny.
i tried one time but i dont understand 4chan. srs i must be an idiot but i just can comprehend it 

Chicken is high in cholesterol? In the skin I would say but I'm not sure about much being in lean chicken.

It is the best meat by far the for amount of protein with low amount of calories.

Moderation is key with anything in life.

Last edited:
Chicken is high in cholesterol? In the skin I would say but I'm not sure about much being in lean chicken.

It is the best meat by far the for amount of protein with low amount of calories.

Moderation is key with anything in life.
But eating something EVERYDAY is moderation? Not at all.

The best MEAT is still high in cholesterol man. You all keep missing that fact.

ABout 140 in a chicken breast.

Animal products are high in cholesterol. Which is a main reason why people go vegan

But eating something EVERYDAY is moderation? Not at all.
The best MEAT is still high in cholesterol man. You all keep missing that fact.
ABout 140 in a chicken breast.
Animal products are high in cholesterol. Which is a main reason why people go vegan

lol more power to vegans but I wont no part of that. And nobody is eating chicken everyday.

Any of you all bake with your Protein powder?

Seen people make cheese cakes, donuts, etc, I may do waffles which is nothing spectacular.

From Livestrong.com:

The American [color= rgb(0, 153, 0)]Heart Association[/color]  recommends you limit your cholesterol intake to 300 mg per day

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/424979-is-chicken-high-in-cholesterol/#ixzz2HEoA1opR

I know I'm not eating that much cholesterol in a day, but either way I need to cut back but its damn good and fills me up. I eat a lot of salmon and tuna also so I should be ok. I won't have the same diet for my whole life but while cutting I'm doing this one.

Last edited:
lol more power to vegans but I wont no part of that. And nobody is eating chicken everyday.
But you said you eat MEAT with every meal. Heart disease should be factored into the Staying/Getting in Shape process. That is what I am saying. Your heart should be more important than you getting your protein quota.

Which brings me back to my main point, we all need to cut out the amount of meat we consume. Not telling you to go vegan. Not telling you to be a vegetarian. But adopting a, "More veggies, less meat" lifestyle can help us all.

The picture is bigger than "gains."

From Livestrong.com:
I know I'm not eating that much cholesterol in a day, but either way I need to cut back but its damn good and fills me up. I eat a lot of salmon and tuna also so I should be ok. I won't have the same diet for my whole life but while cutting I'm doing this one.
Boss,

If ONE chicken breast is roughly HALF of a high intake of cholesterol per day, why do you think you aren't reaching 300 per day?

Breakdown what you ate yesterday and we can analyze. It is so easy to get 300 man. SO easy.

How do ya cook steel cut oats? I have 3 boxes...bought them when I read on miscnabout them. Cooked them once and havent done it since haha. Too much work man smh

Boss,
If ONE chicken breast is roughly HALF of a high intake of cholesterol per day, why do you think you aren't reaching 300 per day?
Breakdown what you ate yesterday and we can analyze. It is so easy to get 300 man. SO easy.
Yeah your right, time to cut back on the chicken in terms of eating it everyday. Because I eat 10oz-13oz for lunch but I swear there is no fat on it lol

I don't want to down play cholesterol but I don't think mine is high at all.

From Livestrong.com:

The American 
Heart Association

recommends you limit your cholesterol intake to 300 mg per day

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/424979-is-chicken-high-in-cholesterol/#ixzz2HEoA1opR

I always take stuff like that with a grain of salt, they usually dont account for people living an active lifestyle or that are athletic. When you look at food daily values those % are usually that for a woman 130lb that does nothing.

I always take stuff like that with a grain of salt, they usually dont account for people living an active lifestyle or that are athletic. When you look at food daily values those % are usually that for a woman 130lb that does nothing.
Yea when you are talking about caloric intake maybe but cholesterol is cholesterol Luck. There is no, "they aren't factoring in lifestyle" aspect to this.

Yeah I do cardio everyday and the chicken I have has no skin or fat. I'm not going vegetarian either. But I'm going to get a physical soon just to find out since I've lost this weight.

Last edited:
Yeah your right, time to cut back on the chicken in terms of eating it everyday. Because I eat 10oz-13oz for lunch but I swear there is no fat on it lol

I don't want to down play cholesterol but I don't think mine is high at all.
No one thinks theirs is man.

Like I said break down a typical day for yourself. What are you eating

Yeah I do cardio everyday and the chicken I have has no skin or fat. I'm not going vegetarian either. But I'm going to get a physical soon just to find out since I've lost this weight.

I mean honestly in life some stuff just is what it is, there are far worst things you can do. Me personally Im never going vegan, I`m not gonna eat full salads as a meal, I might mix in some no meat food but plain and simple Meat is apart of African culture and my people live a long time so if it isnt broke not gonna fix it. I honestly feel that being active trumps all, of course you cant eat 10 steaks and think because you play ball you are good but eating meat 1-2 times a day is perfectly normal to me. Thats my take on it though.

Typical day
No breakfast - take my ripped vita pack 6 am
Eat A piece of fruit at like 10
Crossfit 1130-1
Lunch - piece of baked fish , half cup white rice , cup of veggies and a protien shake
330 snack piece of fruit or half a sweet potatoe
Dinner piece of baked fish , half cup white rice , cup of veggie
That's literally my everyday except sat and sun I don't workout or take a shake
Any ideas on how to improve this? Things to add or take away?
Just trying to get a in shape ripped body
5"6"" 160 pounds
If you are doing CrossFit at 11, why are you skipping breakfast? All you have on your stomach is an orange before you go through that?

Get rid of the white rice.

I mean honestly in life some stuff just is what it is, there are far worst things you can do. Me personally Im never going vegan, I`m not gonna eat full salads as a meal, I might mix in some no meat food but plain and simple Meat is apart of African culture and my people live a long time so if it isnt broke not gonna fix it. I honestly feel that being active trumps all, of course you cant eat 10 steaks and think because you play ball you are good but eating meat 1-2 times a day is perfectly normal to me. Thats my take on it though.
Using the, "There are worse things" logic won't get you far man.

And just because it is a part of the African culture doesn't mean you HAVE to stick with it. You can alter it.

Not broke don't fix it? What is broke? Oh yea to you broke means dead right? :lol:

Last edited:
:lol: at this stupid vegan preaching nonsense.

people all over the world before this stupid trend even came to existence ate meat with every meal. some were healthy some were unhealthy. meat isn't killing anyone unless it's stuff like pork. are you going to sit here and say olympic athletes are unhealthy too

how is eating chicken everyday NOT moderation? It's not like people are eating an entire chicken daily.

drinking water everyday is that excessive too. :rolleyes

tried to run 2 miles today, I'm not out of shape and I play ball about once a week but new years resolutions blah blah. i thought i could do it cause when is tarted about 2 days ago I ran a mile and it was a breeze... not today. Then again last time I ran with someone else and might've paced myself differently

... definitely walked that 2nd mile. realistically i think maybe in a week or two i'd be good though. I'll be checking this thread, hopefully it's less vegantalk :stoneface:

Last edited:
Using the, "There are worse things" logic won't get you far man.
And just because it is a part of the African culture doesn't mean you HAVE to stick with it. You can alter it.
Not broke don't fix it? What is broke? Oh yea to you broke means dead right? :lol:

lol not gonna change my beliefs and customs because someone not even a part of my culture deems it right. lol Thats how they bamboozled us with Religion.

I`m gonna live my life and enjoy it, I work out because I want to look good, not doing it to live till I`m 100. If I wanted optimal health or whatever Id do cross fit. Everyone has different goals.

If I have a heart attack at age 40 because I ate meat every day, guess what, so what I know I enjoyed my life.

Back
Top Bottom