STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Starting off the new year right! Getting ready to head to the gym! Hopefully it isn't too crowded...

Not looking forward to going in the Gym over the next month, just for the amount of losers going in to be in

Man when I say I went out with a bang on eating Christmas and New Years ..... Lol not gonna weigh my self for 2 full weeks.

Today starts my cut. Really looking forward to it. Since I will be starting a new job in Brooklyn next week (currently live on long island) I going to be jumping from gym to gym until I move to Brooklyn,

Why they gotta be losers? Everyone has to start somewhere. Props on actually making it to the gym in the first place, respect if you stick with it.
See, that's the thing.  If the gym stayed pack year round, I wouldn't even me mad.  It's that fickle mindset...."The 1st of the year is time to change", when we all know they're not sticking around.  IMO

My gym is now getting crowded in the wee hours of the morning when it was usually not as crowded. Now I not only have this one guy who's always staring at me, this creepy middle aged guy walked over to me when I was bench pressing and started stretching right in front of me, like several inches away from my face :smh::x:x:x:x:x

Well atleast i now know im not the only one. I dont mind the newbies, i was one but its the staring and getting in people face and not asking the right people how to work something.

I heard a few of you mention eating a chipotle burrito. What type of burrito do you guys get and do you guys recommend eating this if I am doing intermittent fasting?

Thanks guys! Appreciate the info! Im going to take yall advice and start at a steady pace with no supplements. Strict cardio and then jump back into weights.

Awesome workout to start the new year! Gym was DEAD but that won't be the issue in a couple of days. Lets get it Team Fit!!

Goals for 2013
1. Sub 3:30 marathon (PR 3:57)
2. Sub 18:00 5k (PR 19:22)
3. Sub 70 minutes 10 mile (PR 76:15)
4. Drop weight to 185 (I'm 6'1 198 currently)
All are attainable. The 5k time will be the hardest.
Good luck with your goals this year.  It will be hard to drop that much off your 5k time, but with more miles, it could be attainable.  I am curious though, with you 5k and 10 mile times so fast, how come your marathon was so close to 4 hours?  I would think based on your other times, you could do a marathon faster.  I did my first marathon this year and finished in 3:41. My goals for this year are:

1.  Sub 19:30 for all my 5k's (PR 19:49)

2.  Sub 41:00 10k (PR 41:14)

3.  Sub 1:30 Half (PR 1:31)

4.  Sub 3:30 Marathon (PR 3:41)

5.  Break 3000 miles again this year (2012 miles 3070)

Going for a high rep, low weight workout routine for the next month or so to get more definition and cut my weight along with HIIT. let's see how it goes

started off the new year great. went to the gym around 6pm when its usually crowded but thanks to
most people recovering from hangovers it was empty just how i like it.
did 365lbs for 5 reps on deadlifts, a personal best....feels good man 8)

hope everyone starting their year off right!!!

Last edited:
Ate like a slob today. :smh:

Can't wait to get back in the gym on thursday.

-Drew

eat brownies and ice cream today, smh gotta do better. Todays my last day of the junk outside of calculated cheat meals. I`m not gonna weigh myself for another 2 weeks.

eat brownies and ice cream today, smh gotta do better. Todays my last day of the junk outside of calculated cheat meals. I`m not gonna weigh myself for another 2 weeks.

Look at your old pics and that will give you the motivation to stop pigging out! You got this!

Look at your old pics and that will give you the motivation to stop pigging out! You got this!

lol I know bro, I always do best when I`m by myself during the workweek, but this was holidays and mad idle time and around others and wasnt really at spots where I could count calories. Back to my normal IF schedule, make some Multigrain pasta so gonna have Chicken Alfredo for dinner Wed and Fri to get the extra carbs post workout.

Back
Top Bottom