STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

O so we still on this......maybe tomorrow we can talk about lifting.

Feels like the off-season thread in here.

The thing that's sad was that August-September there was a month of USA basketball being played, but no one was posting in the USA basketball thread. But the regulars in the off season thread stays talking about the weirdest **** :lol:
**** yea or when talk of USA basketball was brought up in the OS thread the regs would refer you to the USA thread.

The thing that's sad was that August-September there was a month of USA basketball being played, but no one was posting in the USA basketball thread. But the regulars in the off season thread stays talking about the weirdest **** :lol:
**** yea or when talk of USA basketball was brought up in the OS thread the regs would refer you to the USA thread.

Yea man. I was annoyed every time Ska shut down the basketball talk. :smh:

Yea man. I was annoyed every time Ska shut down the basketball talk. :smh:
**** yea I would be like........Dawg it's basketball talk. Everyone talking about what's the best wings to get during playoffs.

As far as I know, they have to win out several events to even place for the Olympia.
I dont know if you watched the Olympia, there is a guy who didn't place, but his posing routine was fun, he did break dancing, it was entertaning, but he got the invite because he basically did like 8-10 shows and placed top 5 in each in order to get the invite. so yea for some people you have to I think only the top 3 from last year don't have to do shows to get the invite.
it's the reason why people like Big Ramy Roelly Winklar do shows like the Tampa Pro and the NY Pro

Started working a little while back I'm trying to drop weight. usually 45 mins of cardio (running or spinning class) followed by a hour or so of weights, I'm 6'1 i started at 231 i currently weight 210-212, but I've been stuck at my current weight for about 3 months i wanna drop about another 10.. any advice getting past the plateau
Play with your meal plan/ diet a bit. move your heavier food to earlier in the day perhaps. PM me if you want to talk further about it.

Flawed logic.
You'll never get it.
^

So sports based on point systems aren't real sports and a person can play basketball his whole life but doesn't make it to the NBA level isn't a basketball player. Gotcha
Anything else im missing? :nerd:
ha this is what I wanted to say about that^

:lol:

:smh:

On a side note, ill be certified as a PT soon. I could of been making 6 figures right now If I got certified last year when someone told me to do it :smh:

PT = physical trainer, or PT = physical therapist?

I didn't know trainers can make 6 figures. I know DPT's can, but I can't imagine the median pay for trainers are more than 50-60k.

:lol:

:smh:

On a side note, ill be certified as a PT soon. I could of been making 6 figures right now If I got certified last year when someone told me to do it :smh:

Same here, I didn't get it because I am currently overseas, but the demand is high where I'm at.

I hope to be finished by November, get them people who want to be in shape by Thanksgiving, eat it all, then want to be in shape again by christmas.....
Then the new years resolution' people.......

I didn't know trainers can make 6 figures. I know DPT's can, but I can't imagine the median pay for trainers are more than 50-60k.
good well known trainers can get that much ....if they have a good clientele and referrals. Average meatball at LA fitness making 20 an hour maybe

Personal Trainer

Well, lets put it like this. The person I will be working for has his own studio. He hired a trainer that just got certified. The new hire already has around 30 clients coming in 2x a week
Sessions are $65. Sometimes he trains more than 1 client at a time
So,
$65x30x2= $3900/ week or $15,600/ month
The guy that owns the studio gets a 45% cut so that leaves him with $8580/ month
Thats about $103k a year. Then of coarse you pay uncle sam every year

Last edited:
6 figures happens in the right gym with a trainer who is a good trainer but also a good businessperson. 40-60k is more of the average range since most gyms are not at that high end price point.

Personal Trainer

Well, lets put it like this. The person I will be working for has his own studio. He hired a trainer that just got certified. The new hire already has around 30 clients coming in 2x a week
Sessions are $65. Sometimes he trains more than 1 client at a time
So,
$65x30x2= $3900/ week or $15,600/ month
The guy that owns the studio gets a 45% cut so that leaves him with $8580/ month
Thats about $103k a year. Then of coarse you lay uncle sam every year

I would assume you pay for your own insurance on a monthly basis as well.

I think that depends on the company, I believe Golds gym has insurance for their employees but they also take about 70% of the training cut.

But there is always making side training for yourself make a cool 200-500 a week with doing it as a PT gig.

6 figures happens in the right gym with a trainer who is a good trainer but also a good businessperson. 40-60k is more of the average range since most gyms are not at that high end price point.
Yep. Alof of trainers arent making 6 figures, but this guy made a huge name for himself.

Other thing to keep in mind is that we as trainers tend to talk about our clientele the way most guys talk about their squat or bench: "well back when I was really consistent and I wasn't busy with grad school I was doing 405 but now I just do 185 for reps. I don't want to get too huge..."

Your business is cyclical. If you're good at your job AND lucky, you'll stay around that 30+ sessions a week all year but that's rare. Factor in holidays, sick days, clients on business trips, clients moving, etc and you could go from 140 sessions one month to like 80-90 a month or two later. So you can't always do your finances based on what a busy trainer is doing at the moment. My last gym I saw one trainer go from 60k one year to 38k the next.

Other thing to keep in mind is that we as trainers tend to talk about our clientele the way most guys talk about their squat or bench: "well back when I was really consistent and I wasn't busy with grad school I was doing 405 but now I just do 185 for reps. I don't want to get too huge..."

Your business is cyclical. If you're good at your job AND lucky, you'll stay around that 30+ sessions a week all year but that's rare. Factor in holidays, sick days, clients on business trips, clients moving, etc and you could go from 140 sessions one month to like 80-90 a month or two later. So you can't always do your finances based on what a busy trainer is doing at the moment. My last gym I saw one trainer go from 60k one year to 38k the next.
Absolutely. Though the trainer with his studio has been consistently making 200k+ a year for over 3 years now. This was before he opened his studio.
He is in the gym for over 12hrs a day training clients and his clients get results which in turn has other clients coming in by word of mouth. Client results aside, he has great rapport with his clients which include Drs and Lawyers. Hes a success story for sure and he wants me to join the team. Id be stupid not to take on the opportunity

Last edited:
1800 calories? Metabolic damage not even once

Meaning?

Its been working for me. Weighed in at 208 in June and now im at 173. My squat has gone up, so has my DL. I was pushing more when I was overweight obviously but not by much. Its been working for me, though I am bumping my calories up to around 2000-2100. Its when something works for you, you wanna stick to it and im being stubborn. Im slowly telling myself I need to take atleast 2000 cals and stop overestimating my calories so much.

Last edited:
Man what is going on in here 
laugh.gif

Y'all aint no bodybuilders til you step on stage. Titles like that are EARNED.

Y'all must live in some big cities if your PTs are makin that kind of dough. At my gym they don't even get paid per client, just hourly around $12 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Trainers at my gym suck. They be talking around goofing off with other members while poor granny is about to strain her hamstrings doing unsupervised leg curls.

Man what is going on in here :lol:

Y'all aint no bodybuilders til you step on stage. Titles like that are EARNED.

Y'all must live in some big cities if your PTs are makin that kind of dough. At my gym they don't even get paid per client, just hourly around $12 :smh:  

$90-$120 an hour at my spot pending who it is.

Back
Top Bottom