STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I overestimate and been logging about 2000cal a day. What should I be aiming at for optimal fast loss? Any less and I feel like im starving. Feel like my progress is really slow. I know its a marathon and not a race but still...my cardio limitation is frustrating.

I usually get a bulk of my calories at night. Big dinner and continued snacking afterwards until I fall sleep

Man, yesterday was leg day and I decided that I would do dropsets after my 3 sets in back squats (3x8) and fronts squats (3x5).

For back squats I put on 315lbs in 25lbs weights (5x25lbs, 1x10lbs on each side) I do as much as I can than drop one plate. After I was done. I looked as if I run 5 miles. Jeez. I did the same with front squats starting at 225Lbs.

Any body tried Post JYM? It was one of the top rated products on bodybuilding.com so I am thinking about purchasing it, but I had to hear you guy's input.

Need a little advice. I've started doing Power Clean & Squat Clean to work on explosive, full body movements.

As you can see, I've got REALLY long arms. This makes Power Clean relatively easy because I can pull with a lot force. Unfortunately it also gives me a lot of trouble getting into the clean grip for the squat. It's extremely hard to get the bar to my shoulders while still keeping elbows up & high.

I did some reading and one source said the elbows up & high is just a secondary way of ensuring the chest is up & forward. I also read long or big arm lifters should go wider with their grip. I'd like to start going heavier but I work out alone and have history of a shoulder problem so I just want to be safe & smart about it.

Last edited:
You're not supposed to be using your arms to get the bar to your shoulders. You're supposed to be moving your feet and positioning the body to get under the bar.

The bar doesn't come to you, you come to the bar.

Not sure, but you might be trying to power clean some weights that you should squat clean

Also you might be trying to clean the weight to your shoulders and then squat, that's not how it goes, you squat down so your shoulders get under the bar. Meaning, don't wait for the weight to rack to squat, as it's coming up you should already be squatting down. How much you squat down depends* do on the heaviness of the weight.

Last edited:
I agree with the wider grip. Your elbows will be able to move inwards and allow the bar to be seated easier. So like your hands will be right outside your shoulders and your elbows will be right inside. I don't know, that works for me.

Get proper coaching. Going wider won't necessarily solve your problem and it may lead to more shoulder trouble.

Work on your front rack position. Arms are more if a guide after the first pull. Sounds like you are muscling the weight up. Would like to see video. Your arms aren't a hindrance.

Get proper coaching. Going wider won't necessarily solve your problem and it may lead to more shoulder trouble.

Work on your front rack position. Arms are more if a guide after the first pull. Sounds like you are muscling the weight up. Would like to see video. Your arms aren't a hindrance.

Yea, that too.

Did a light chest/shoulder day yesterday with dumbbell benching and I had WAY less pain. I could actually finish my entire push day workout, substituting some workouts with cable work, dropsets and lighter weights/higher reps. Felt great. Shoulder area hurts today but way less than last time.

In other news, I woke up to my (still half broken) foot throbbing and it eventually went away. I found myself limping at the gym today for back day, I coudnt go as heavy since I didnt want to plant my foot. Even skipped out on barbell rows. Tried to do all the back machines and heavy pulldowns to make up.

Just when I wanna get into shape, my body doesnt wanna help me out. 
mean.gif

Thanks for all the suggestions. Gonna just widen the grip, focus on getting under the bar and perfect the technique at 135 for now

Successful squat session was successful.

Also hitting triple digit presses on DB's for reps feels good.

Girl is making me chicken breasts/bacon/lemon pasta/spinach with mushroom.

Tears of joy fam.

Successful squat session was successful

Also hitting triple digit presses on DB's for reps feels good.

Girl is making me chicken breasts/bacon/lemon pasta/spinach with mushroom.

Tears of joy fam.
Shoulders or chest?

If shoulders, half the damn struggle is getting them ******* into place if you don't have a spot.

I gotta get back on my regular diet when I get home from vacation. I know I'm sitting damn near 220 right now 
alien.gif

Come on Mike you know me better than that.

Medium all day bro you know I love a lil of da pink 

Best $50 steak Ive ever had :lol:
looks like such an awesome meal. we have a ruth's right by my apt and my gf's good friend works there. lots of free appetizers.

Back
Top Bottom