STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Man what a day. Needless to say this was one of the most fun experiences Ive ever done.

Met a bunch of cool guys and some were strong as **** to boot.

Saw a few state and american records get beat today, but the best was an 83 year old man competed and broke some records which was awesome.

I totaled somewhere around 1,216 not sure on the exact number. My weight class had the second highest number of people in it and was super competitive.

I hit a 451 squat, 275 bench (only disappointment, missed my third attempt, went to high) and a 490 DL. I feel like I had more left in the tank for squats and over 5 for sure in the deads.

Overall it was a great day and I recommend anyone who is interested to sign up for one, you will not regret it.

@ekin23  @****nut123  @red80  

Last edited:
@BIGBOSS good sh*t bro. Sounds loke you are on your way to some bigger numbers for sure. Good to hear it all went well man
Yeah man Im already signing up for the next one in November and Im gonna hit 1,300 no doubt. If I can just get my bench up Ill be set.

Man what a day. Needless to say this was one of the most fun experiences Ive ever done.

Met a bunch of cool guys and some were strong as **** to boot.

Saw a few state and american records get beat today, but the best was an 83 year old man competed and broke some records which was awesome.

I totaled somewhere around 1,216 not sure on the exact number. My weight class had the second highest number of people in it and was super competitive.

I hit a 451 squat, 275 bench (only disappointment, missed my third attempt, went to high) and a 490 DL. I feel like I had more left in the tank for squats and over 5 for sure in the deeds.

Overall it was a great day and I recommend anyone who is interested to sign up for one, you will not regret it.

@ekin23  @****nut123  @red80  
good **** bro!!
pimp.gif

damn got me pumped up to do my first meet. currently cutting some fat i put on so i feel weak as f. 
frown.gif
 at 199lbs right now and i want to compete at 181 so i wanna lose some fat first.

Last edited:
Took your guys advice and looked at more videos and tried to break it down movement by movement. Working on the rack atm, and it is incredibly hard for me to point my elbows out like other people. I did some shoulder dislocations, pulling fingers back to stretch wrist and stretching in the front squat rack position, however when I actually rack on the clean, elbows are still pretty much pointing downwards. I suspect this could be due to lack of shoulder mobility. I did however go from gripping it like military press to just letting it rest on my 4 fingers, so I guess that is a step in the right direction.

Oh and @hookgrip instagram is my preworkout. :pimp:

Music and slow mo is super motivating

Last edited:

good **** bro!!
pimp.gif

damn got me pumped up to do my first meet. currently cutting some fat i put on so i feel weak as f. 
frown.gif
 at 199lbs right now and i want to compete at 181 so i wanna lose some fat first.
Do it bro, fuk cutting! haha

I learned that if you can cut to a class and not lose strength then do it, if not stay where your at an keep getting stronger.

Last edited:
Took your guys advice and looked at more videos and tried to break it down movement by movement. Working on the rack atm, and it is incredibly hard for me to point my elbows out like other people. I did some shoulder dislocations, pulling fingers back to stretch wrist and stretching in the front squat rack position, however when I actually rack on the clean, elbows are still pretty much pointing downwards. I suspect this could be due to lack of shoulder mobility. I did however go from gripping it like military press to just letting it rest on my 4 fingers, so I guess that is a step in the right direction.

Oh and @hookgrip instagram is my preworkout. :pimp:

Music and slow mo is super motivating

Yea, it's a step in the right direction. You can go even go two fingers or one finger if you want. It's really the front delts that support the weight. The fingers have nothing to do with weight support. The only reason why we have our fingers where we do and we emphasize elbows up is that under increased load the torso tends to lean forward. The forward elbows and the fingers just help us keep the bar jammed in the shoulder where it should be when that happens. Otherwise, we'd be able to do what this lady is doing with any weight.

Last edited:
So I tried the VolcaNO preworkout tabs last night before I went to the gym (chest), it says take 2 - 4 tabs 30mins before workout. I took 2. Did my 15min cardio run, felt okay. Start seated chest fly, did my 4 sets of 8, no prob, felt good. Next flat chest, second set nearly died, finished off the last 2 sets barely lol. Next incline chest, first 2 sets, fine. 3rd set... nearly gave up on my 4th rep. Finished the last of it...barely.

Squat bar was open (usually full). Did squats, did a PB for 8 full reps. The most ive done was 3. Not sure if it was the VolcaNO or just me pushing myself. I also did 9 sets of abs for 12 reps, no problems there. Did barbell curls and my forearms were still sore form the previous workout. Was tired and decided to do seated chest fly again and leave.

I give this stuff 3 out of 10. I know its early, I should of taken 3 or 4 pills, but on first try it did nothing for me. Will take 3 or 4 pills next time.

I did copp Hemavol today, will try this out tonight.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, yesterday a dude set the national record for bench in the 181 class for USAPL. He weighed in at like 175 and benched....408 
sick.gif

Dude looked like a free safety for your favorite NFL team and had the body fat of a BBer a month out.

Also a guy in the 148 class set the record for squat with 501 and benched over 330 
sick.gif

Last edited:
This thread is all about powerlift now. Better than crossfit all day though.
Nah theres just a couple of us in here that care about it.

Its good to have a variety in here. 

Besides pointless supps I like hearing about all niches of this lifestyle.

I honestly wish there was more people passionate about weightlifting in here.

All the powerlifting talk is a nice change, however from the supplement and calves talk.

Bigboss, congrats by the way.

I honestly wish there was more people passionate about weightlifting in here.

All the powerlifting talk is a nice change, however from the supplement and calves talk.

Bigboss, congrats by the way.
Thanks man.

Honestly I wish weightlifting/powerlifting as a whole would get more recognition here in the states but with most kids playing baseball/football/basketball thats just not going to happen. Plus the fact that most average people think steroids are the only way anyone ever gets big or strong, its just not going mainstream....yet.

On the real Crossfit is the closet thing to those that is getting nation wide attention, besides some of the idiots in it (like everything else in life) that give it a bad name, its nice to know they at least want to get weightlifting out there to the masses. If PLing could somehow do that it would be awesome. But with most of the top guys being on gear and looking like freaks, people will always just say their success is due to gear. 

Last edited:
dat feel when you start eating way more carbs and already losing fat :pimp:

why i did this low carb crap, ill never know :smh: :smh:

Weightlifting is definitely getting there to the masses. Not so much on this thread, but hopefully that'll change over time.

Crossfit is definitely a big part of it. A guy like Dmitry Klokov is like a god in crossfit circles right now. Before crossfit, I don't think a single American knew his name.

Didn't pay attention to weightlifting at all when the Olympics came around in London. Now it's one of the things I want to see in Rio 2016,even as much as basketball.

The US really don't stand a chance in Rio, sadly, but I just want to see if Ilya can dominate in the 105s like he did in the 96s.

Surprised that PL hasn't enjoyed a surge in popularity quite like weightlifting did in the US due to crossfit. Maybe cuz PLers just seem so huge in comparison to an average person, while someone like Dmitry or Ilya, while no one will consider them to be small exactly, they have more relatable physiques. Just my theory.

*edit*

Never mind I forgot about Candito.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom