STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Did upper body pull today...

6 sets of pull ups and a lot of other stuff, I was dead after.

And I just got finished playing like 2 hours of indoor soccer now, now I really am dead :lol:

laugh.gif
 **** yea I walk in the gym like Deebo everyday 

I kid I kid

Can someone please take 30 seconds of their time to critique my deadlift form? :\

This is 225 lbs

PS: Follow me on IG. I follow back :pimp:

Im no deadlift expert at all but your form is fine to me. I would suggest trying to start in a lower position and keep your upper back tight, contract your shoulders. To be honest the best way to see someones form is when they use a weight that causes their form to break down. I would put something closer to 85% of your max and record it

Check out Jonnie Candito on YouTube he has a great video on how to DL properly. 

When you set it back down, should look the same way as you lift off the ground.

Set it with your legs, and not just your back.

I always over emphasize my pull ( will help you focus on throwing your hips into it and also help when you get into heavy weight)

What do you mean by set it with your legs and not the back? Throwing/Snapping is a good cue as long as the motion is coming from the hips and not the lumbar spine area. Unfortunately ive seen way too many people who lean back instead of snapping the hips.

Can someone please take 30 seconds of their time to critique my deadlift form? :\

This is 225 lbs

PS: Follow me on IG. I follow back :pimp:

Im no deadlift expert at all but your form is fine to me. I would suggest trying to start in a lower position and keep your upper back tight, contract your shoulders. To be honest the best way to see someones form is when they use a weight that causes their form to break down. I would put something closer to 85% of your max and record it

Check out Jonnie Candito on YouTube he has a great video on how to DL properly. 

Thatd cause the bar to be too far forward.

For his anthropometricss and limb lengths, it looks right.

The one critique I would suggest would be to wait a tiny bit longer before unlocking your knees on the way down. Looks good though. :smokin

One of my only pet peeves at the gym is when you ask someone to spot you and they help you lift the weight instead of actually just spotting you :smh:

bigboss bigboss @bwood056 Thanks bros. I follow Candito Training already but I gotta make sure to remember his tips. I don't feel any more lower back pain so this is a big improvement for me already.
:smh: There is an art to "spotting." Unfortunately, many people don't know. I was trying to max out the other day and this dude is dragging the weight up.

A spotter is there to make sure the weight doesn't drop on your chest. If the weight is going up slowly, DON'T TOUCH IT!

Do you guys not talk to your spotters though? Give them specific instructions. "I'm going for 5 reps, I should be fine through the first 4 and will talk to you if I need help on the fifth." It's as simple as that. You all act like saying more than 3 words to people in the gym is really gonna kill your focus.

U HAVE TO MAN.

AND IT HELPS I DID THE HELLRAISER TRAINING THING W MY BOY.

U HAVE TO KNOW HOW EACH OTHER LIFTS WORKS ETC.

i have to travel for a couple weeks at a time for work. the hotel gyms i stay at are :x :smh: barely any equipment, if any, and maybe 1-2 treadmills/ellipticals, thats it.

in these cases, i try to incorporate some WOD's (even though i dont do crossfit anymore) with body weight exercises or some dumbbells.
I'm there with you, bud.

One of the gigs I'm running for requires 75% traveling. It would be a phenomenal opportunity for me that will help to propel my career quite a bit. However, I'm really considering if it would be worth it. It would be extreme disheartening if I can't work in the fitness lifestyle I adopted several years ago.

The worst is when you're flying back to back connecting flights that require you to eat so much crappy food.

Do you guys not talk to your spotters though? Give them specific instructions. "I'm going for 5 reps, I should be fine through the first 4 and will talk to you if I need help on the fifth." It's as simple as that. You all act like saying more than 3 words to people in the gym is really gonna kill your focus.

I gave him instructions bruh, I didn't know he was one of those guys though I'm on rep 5 and dude tried to tag team the bar with me, had nothing to do with not being vocal

Next weekend is birthday weekend so will be going ham with the cheating. Keeping it extra strict this weekend and next week. Broccoli with every meal.

Kind of surprised there weren't many new members at the gym this year.

Last edited:
I'm there with you, bud.

One of the gigs I'm running for requires 75% traveling. It would be a phenomenal opportunity for me that will help to propel my career quite a bit. However, I'm really considering if it would be worth it. It would be extreme disheartening if I can't work in the fitness lifestyle I adopted several years ago.

The worst is when you're flying back to back connecting flights that require you to eat so much crappy food.

I got you http://airportgyms.com/

One of my only pet peeves at the gym is when you ask someone to spot you and they help you lift the weight instead of actually just spotting you :smh:

bigboss bigboss @bwood056 Thanks bros. I follow Candito Training already but I gotta make sure to remember his tips. I don't feel any more lower back pain so this is a big improvement for me already.
:smh: There is an art to "spotting." Unfortunately, many people don't know. I was trying to max out the other day and this dude is dragging the weight up.

A spotter is there to make sure the weight doesn't drop on your chest. If the weight is going up slowly, DON'T TOUCH IT!

This, everyone likes to be spotted differently, though I'm sure there's a standard way. But like every important relationship, which it is at this point, gotta communicate.

pulled 605 after doing 600 the other day. I know its not a huge pr jump but i needed to get over that 6, head games.

My new routines are brutal. Doing heavy squat, heavy front squat, heavy "overrated" bench, heavy deads... taking its toll. But seeing results for sure.

@BIGBOSS good stuff with that pull. That leg shake is no joke lol Ive been messing around with sumo lately too, gonna see if I should make the full switch.

anyone familiar on sizing on inzer belts? I'm looking to order one but I don't know if I should get a small or medium. I'm like a 31.5-32 around my belly button.

anyone familiar on sizing on inzer belts? I'm looking to order one but I don't know if I should get a small or medium. I'm like a 31.5-32 around my belly button.

I just bought one, im not sure on what size you shoild grab but im a 36 and got a large. But a few things u need to know. If you get a color belt, other than black, its gonna take like a month to get to you.

If you're planning on competing it has to 10mm or less and cant be their "pr belt". 2 prong, 1 prong and lever ok.

and be prepared to break this belt in. it is extremely stiff and needs to be worked with for awhile to mold. Also the 2 prong belts are very difficult to get on and off by yourself. If you gonna lift alone id go with a single or the lever.

and thanks @Stuntman Mike gonna work towards a 700 lb pull this year. Thats the goal anyway haha

Last edited:
damn nice pull ekin. 600lbs is where you're starting to play with the big boys. :x :smokin

how much do you weight?

Last edited:
damn nice pull ekin. 600lbs is where you're starting to play with the big boys. :x :smokin

how much do you weight?

Thanks man, little more then 220 now. Still trying to put weight on but need to decide if im going to lift at 220 or cut and lift 198.

My new routines are brutal. Doing heavy squat, heavy front squat, heavy "overrated" bench, heavy deads... taking its toll. But seeing results for sure.

@BIGBOSS good stuff with that pull. That leg shake is no joke lol Ive been messing around with sumo lately too, gonna see if I should make the full switch.
I just bought one, im not sure on what size you shoild grab but im a 36 and got a large. But a few things u need to know. If you get a color belt, other than black, its gonna take like a month to get to you.

If you're planning on competing it has to 10mm or less and cant be their "pr belt". 2 prong, 1 prong and lever ok.

Thanks bro. Awesome lift at any weight man props. I made the move because I just couldnt keep me form right and stop my back from rounding. I know I should have keep at it and fixed my form but I think my body is better suited for sumos. Lower body dominant a la Dan Green lol

As far as Inzer belts are you sure all feds dont let you use a 13mm? Cause thats what I ordered and Im gonna be upset if its not allowed lol Been waiting almost a month now for the damn thing.

EDIT: Just did a quick search and USAPL says they allow belts up to 13mm in thickness so I think Im good.

Last edited:
I dont about all. But the IPF is 10mm and rather just be safe and get that then be dq'd for 3mm haha and the wait is ridiculous.

Funny you mentioned dan green. I was able to attend a seminar put on by him recently and learned alot. Really humble guy and you better believe he is a monster with the weights. Debating on joining his gym too, its local so might hit it up.

I dont about all. But the IPF is 10mm and rather just be safe and get that then be dq'd for 3mm haha and the wait is ridiculous.

Funny you mentioned dan green. I was able to attend a seminar put on by him recently and learned alot. Really humble guy and you better believe he is a monster with the weights. Debating on joining his gym too, its local so might hit it up.

Ekin im a member at boss barbell, let me know if ya got questions about the gym itself

Back
Top Bottom