STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

How close do you guys grip the bar when doing close grip bench?

I grip with my pinky right next to the rough area. So, my arms are slightly closer than shoulder width, but not super close.

According to Jim Stoppani, having a super close grip doesn't do anything except add more pressure to the wrists.

_______

Gym close at 6 PM tomorrow, and I'm not waking up at 330 AM for a session. Just gonna celebrate New Years, and work out Wednesday morning.

I've been doing tire flips as of late. I feel like a beast when I do them :lol:

I'm terrible at doing dips. Do you think its a problem if I do my dips at the beginning of my chest/triceps and shoulders/triceps days?

I'm terrible at doing dips. Do you think its a problem if I do my dips at the beginning of my chest/triceps and shoulders/triceps days?

I personally do it at the end since that's what usually burns out my tris. If i did it in the beginning, I wouldn't be able to do any bench presses

I just hate that after my chest workout I can barely lift myself back up on the parallel bars so I have to do the dips on the bench.

What are you guys doing on Chest Day? Right now I'm doing Flat/Incline Barbell Bench, cable flyes, machine flyes and machine chest press

I just hate that after my chest workout I can barely lift myself back up on the parallel bars so I have to do the dips on the bench.

And theres a problem with that?
:lol: Seems normal after a hardy workout, man. You're supposed to be weak and fatigue from the workout so you can (hopefully) refuel properly and rest so your body can grow stronger.

What are you guys doing on Chest Day? Right now I'm doing Flat/Incline Barbell Bench, cable flyes, machine flyes and machine chest press
I dont have a chest only day but when I hit it all I do is flat BB and incline DB. Occasionally I might throw some dips in there. 

I dont have a chest only day but when I hit it all I do is flat BB and incline DB. Occasionally I might throw some dips in there. 
 ^ nice , i also never do only chest day but i always start my workouts with chest exercise since bench press increases your power amazingly , anyway i start with flat bench press and usually i finish my workout with incline dumbell press 

imo all the other chest exercises like crossovers are useless , you need to give all u got in bench press where u can load lots of weight 

^ nice , i also never do only chest day but i always start my workouts with chest exercise since bench press increases your power amazingly , anyway i start with flat bench press and usually i finish my workout with incline dumbell press 

imo all the other chest exercises like crossovers are useless , you need to give all u got in bench press where u can load lots of weight 
What's this statement mean?

What's this statement mean?
i meant strength not power my bad , scientists/ergophysiologists ( if they are called like that in english i m not sure ) when they want to rate someones strength they put em as test to lift as much weight they can with 1-3 reps on bench press 

Happy New Years Team Fit! Enjoy the evening bc after tonight there's no more excuses to skip the gym or have that extra cheat meal bc the Holidays are over! Hibernation season is over lets go make these gains!!

i meant strength not power my bad , scientists/ergophysiologists ( if they are called like that in english i m not sure ) when they want to rate someones strength they put em as test to lift as much weight they can with 1-3 reps on bench press 
That makes more sense. I'm assuming you're talking about upper body strength though...
I imagine that the squat is a more effective measure of full body/lower body strength.

That makes more sense. I'm assuming you're talking about upper body strength though...
I imagine that the squat is a more effective measure of full body/lower body strength.
yap exactly ! some people dont understand it but to load a lot of weight on bench press you must have strong triceps especially and shoulder and wrists as well , so when you are focusing on increasing your bench press weight you are pushing those muscles hard as well :smile: 

meh and sorry for my english its not my native language i am not that good at typing a lot of years have passed since i earned  my english certificate 
embarassed.gif

I always start with incline dumbbell and Iso-lateral Incline press.  Working on bringing up my upper pec.  It's working thus far.

Then decline chest press followed by flat chest press.  I finish up with Incline cable flyes, then cable crossovers.

Last edited:
What time are you dudes going to the gym tomorrow? :lol:

I'm looking at an hour before rush hour to gauge things out.

Back
Top Bottom