Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

sometimes when im doing ab workouts i feel it more in my hip flexors than my abs. any way to fix that?

Focus on only your ab muscles. Fully contract them in a slow and controlled motion. What exercise specifically?

simple goal: lose weight/fat....im doing circuit training+ cardio....my question is, would buying some Whey protein, like the one dude posted previously help in this process?? Im just looking to use it for an afterwork out protein...or would that cause me to gain weight??

Originally Posted by BONESCOLLECTA

sometimes when im doing ab workouts i feel it more in my hip flexors than my abs. any way to fix that?

Focus on only your ab muscles. Fully contract them in a slow and controlled motion. What exercise specifically?
usually leg raise type exercises and decline situps

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

Originally Posted by j671

nothing much really, all I did was the tread mill..5 miles in 1hr..not too bad.first week almost died could only do 1 mile..lol..then I just gradually increased every week , or according to how bad my legs were hurting..lol..however, I did take half the dose of protein recommended for recovery because you still tear muscle when running.MUSIC got me through it.watching the dam tv while running was not taking the focus off running.I guess the music just let me forget that I was running.So , I just kept going and going.Oh yah, another thing .They say instead of doing ONLY CARDIO, you should lift too(not incredible hulk type stuff..lol)They say lifting added to cardio, may help to increase metabolism.Thus, burning more fat
Not trying to go in on you cause it worked for you but the general consensus for the best ways to shed fat is to lift heavy + light cardio if needed and a good solid command of your diet/nutrition.

Meal timing does not matter - i.e. you can eat before bed (even carbs)

Over doing the cardio can hamper your weight loss as well.

I've said it a few times on here, the best way to cut and maintain muscle mass which should be the ultimate goal in my opinion is to LIFT HEAVY, and LOCK IN YOUR NUTRITIONAL INTAKE/MACROS.

Thats my .02
thats cool bro.maybe if I did it that way, I would have had a buffer look..lol.

Originally Posted by BONESCOLLECTA

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Focus on only your ab muscles. Fully contract them in a slow and controlled motion. What exercise specifically?[/color]
that's a good thing. that means those ab workouts are working out your "core".  hip flexors fall into the core category.

some ab exercises only target your abs but some of them hit up your whole core.

Core = whole midsection of your body, for example abs, external oblique, internal oblique, lower back, upper legs. etc..

Nothing is more motivating than starting to see results.  When I graduated HS I was a scrawny 160.  After About 6 years of lifting I got up to a solid 195.  Got lazy for about 2 years and blew up to 220 
tired.gif
.  Past month I've been hitting the gym hard, and watching what I ate.  Dropped 10 lbs already.  Trying to get to at least 200 by May.

Originally Posted by 757bred

Nothing is more motivating than starting to see results.  When I graduated HS I was a scrawny 160.  After About 6 years of lifting I got up to a solid 195.  Got lazy for about 2 years and blew up to 220 
tired.gif
.  Past month I've been hitting the gym hard, and watching what I ate.  Dropped 10 lbs already.  Trying to get to at least 200 by May.

agreed. seeing results is so motivating.  i first started working out doing p90x. i was skinny just looking to put on some muscle. i started seeing all these changes in my body and i was like
eek.gif
. just got addicted to working out after that.

I'm sure this has been asked earlier, but can anyone recommend a good multivitamin?

Also, I'm getting back into the gym after a couple months hiatus, any way to minimize the inevitable soreness?

Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by TheAfricanDream

I'm sure this has been asked earlier, but can anyone recommend a good multivitamin?

Also, I'm getting back into the gym after a couple months hiatus, any way to minimize the inevitable soreness?

Thanks in advance
ON Nutrition Multi
http://www.amazon.com/Opt...id=1299264365&sr=8-1

Orange Triad
http://www.amazon.com/Con...id=1299264399&sr=1-1

Both of those are multi vitamins

Soreness:
Stay hydrated, eat a banana, drink coconut water and take some BCAA's
http://www.amazon.com/Opt...id=1299264441&sr=1-1

plus it will get that money line showin (fight club)........chicks will wanna lick that
grin.gif

I just finised Week 3 - Legs and Back P90X. I have tomorrow, which I will do Kenpo X (Which I love) and I will almost be done with the first phase. I haven't weighed myself, but I am guessing I have lost 5-10 pounds and too be honest, haven't really been following the nutrition plan.

It is a pain in the butt sometimes to do it, especially after a long day, but I have been keeping up pretty well.

My energy level has been through the roof though, and I feel the best I have in 5 years. If definitely feels good when you hear people say, "Man, you're looking slimer." That might be the most addictive part.

Keep you guys posted on my P90 Experience.

Peace.

Not sure if this is 100% the correct place to ask BUT, anyone have good ways to reduce cravings/appetite? I work in the mall where im surrounded by bad food and always get ridiculous cravings/always have an appetite to eat. anyone?

Just had some chicken tenders and fries and drank a little tonight... but this is my first cheat meal in about a month I should be alright.. Still feel bad though...

Damn, the actor playing Thor, Chris Hemsworth, bulked up a good amount. Apparently he put on 20lb in 6 months.  Pretty jealous right now, and he gets to make out with Natalie Portman.
chris_hemsworth_w1.jpg

To:
e521d_ORIG-ChrisHemsworth_Thor_03.jpg

Hey Carlos Tavez..... I am on the ECA...... this stuff is amazing. It will be the death of me (no pun intended) or it could really kill me
laugh.gif
When I was researching up on it, %!!$ had me scared. But whatevs, the goods are delivering. I have been right around 1000 cals each day since friday
pimp.gif

I read somewhere in this thread about being Skinny fat, but couldn't find it again.

Question about this, as I'm 5'11 About 170. I work out several times a week and ride my bike a fair amount.

I've never had trouble with cardio, but I always feel like i've got a small spare tire around the mid section.

What can I do to get this gone?

Last day of Gold Card week @ GNC...

I've been using the GNC AMP Wheybolic Protein, but I see alot of people are using Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Protein.

Being that 1 bag (1LB) of the GNC AMP is the a little more expensive than a 2LB Container of the Gold Standard, if this was because of the pricing? Or if that AMP is just an inflated GNC product that the reps push.

Let me know...

My boy's mother passed away so me and him have been on a bender the past few days, need to get right again and back in the gym tomorrow. Got me some humapro from my buddy who works @ GNC, going to give it a whirl this week

Back
Top Bottom