Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

what protein drink will make you gain the most weight or has the most calories?? im not talking about gaining muscle weight, but bodyfat?? anyone knows?

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

what protein drink will make you gain the most weight or has the most calories?? im not talking about gaining muscle weight, but bodyfat?? anyone knows?

wait, you want to get fat? im confused

Originally Posted by LightskinFlYbOy 718

when on cut and hungry at night should i ignore it or get a snack? would it mess up diet?

chew gum, grab a banana or an apple or orange or just settle for a bottle of water.

went to the doc earlier this week and the nurse said im 172
eek.gif
shocked because i remember 2 years ago i was 150lbs...and that was months out of high school, throughout high school i was 150 too.

crazy cus i never had a scale at home and i always wanted to check up on my weight..enrolled in a gym at the top of last year in january for 3 months and my goal was to go from 150 to 170-180 while bulking.....but after those three months were up of my membership although progress was made alot, I still didn't know my weight... stopped after march, got back in there in july, then took a looong lay off....and now I've found out I finally reached last years goal  
laugh.gif
thing is I'm trying to DROP weight now smfh....gotta get back down to 150 or at least 147.

Started another membership up last month.

Originally Posted by Severn

I read somewhere in this thread about being Skinny fat, but couldn't find it again.

Question about this, as I'm 5'11 About 170. I work out several times a week and ride my bike a fair amount.

I've never had trouble with cardio, but I always feel like i've got a small spare tire around the mid section.

What can I do to get this gone?
you can work out all you want, if your eating habits aren't healthy you'll just keep loads of fat on you.

try some ab workouts...side planks, knee raises, leg lifts, crunches, push-up's (yes they too can help out your mid-section, you'd be surprised).

and what do you mean by fair amount?

Originally Posted by needsomejays

laugh.gif

Don't mean to intrude, but isn't it true that most weight gainer supplements are ineffective? Like ON's Gainer and Serious Mass. I've always wondered.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Alex23

Not sure if this is 100% the correct place to ask BUT, anyone have good ways to reduce cravings/appetite? I work in the mall where im surrounded by bad food and always get ridiculous cravings/always have an appetite to eat. anyone?
chew some gum, if your job doesn't allow it, when you take a restroom run fill up on some water, or when you're on break you can go somewhere in the mall and grab a bag of trail mix (my fav snack now), bag or pretzels, or party mix......and also think about the whole image of being fat when you sense a strong urge....it'll kind of put you off on taking a bite of that piece of fatty food....just think about what you DON'T want to look like.

laugh.gif
.. no it's no for me.. for my grandfather.. he cant eat normal food, cause of his teeth.. so best way to gain weight is by drinking protein. so i want to know which one will make him gain more weight...

laugh.gif
.. no it's no for me.. for my grandfather.. he cant eat normal food, cause of his teeth.. so best way to gain weight is by drinking protein. so i want to know which one will make him gain more weight...

make a protein shake for him........banana, ice, a little sugar, milk, etc.......

or you could throw in some strawberries... I don't know how to properly make a shake, always wanted to know how but just use google.

he also could load up on frappucinno's from star bucks, and the shake section at IHOP.

and always get a second opinion and ask a trainer at your nearest gym though.

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

laugh.gif

make a protein shake for him........banana, ice, a little sugar, milk, etc.......

or you could throw in some strawberries... I don't know how to properly make a shake, always wanted to know how but just use google.

he also could load up on frappucinno's from star bucks, and the shake section at IHOP.

and always get a second opinion and ask a trainer at your nearest gym though.

thanks.. appreciate it, man..
smile.gif

I read somewhere in this thread about being Skinny fat, but couldn't find it again.

Question about this, as I'm 5'11 About 170. I work out several times a week and ride my bike a fair amount.

I've never had trouble with cardio, but I always feel like i've got a small spare tire around the mid section.

you can work out all you want, if your eating habits aren't healthy you'll just keep loads of fat on you.

try some ab workouts...side planks, knee raises, leg lifts, crunches, push-up's (yes they too can help out your mid-section, you'd be surprised).

Ab workouts wont reduce bodyfat on your mid section
eyes.gif
you cant spot reduce body fat.

Gotta change your diet and caloric intake to shed lbs

Dmvbatman wrote:
Severn wrote:

2 hrs on weekends during the winter, 2+ hrs 5 times a week in the summer. I do hard hour work outs as many times as I can make it to the gym. So 4 times a week or more. I try to go every day but work sometimes gets in the way.  
I don't eat poorly, I tend to eat a lot of fruit/veggies, lean meat, whole grains, etc. I cut coffee out at christmas and now only drink tea. Never have sweets, and limit alcohol. 

When I look at my body it's more that I don't have broad shoulders.

If i had more muscle mass on my shoulders it wouldn't feel like I have a spare tire. 

I know my workout routine isn't what it should be but i've never really been educated on this stuff, more just do it because I like to stay as healthy as possible.

I'll try to get more crunches and side planks in.

thanks.

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

Ab workouts wont reduce bodyfat on your mid section
eyes.gif
you cant spot reduce body fat.

Gotta change your diet and caloric intake to shed lbs

Your telling me something I already know, I've been in the gym for awhile now and have read my fair share of health magazines to not know something like that.An workouts will help him lower his body fat percentage which would equal into him losing that mid section of his, it'll also help him keep his muscles (abdomen muscles) in top shape.

Dmvbatman wrote:
Severn wrote:

2 hrs on weekends during the winter, 2+ hrs 5 times a week in the summer. I do hard hour work outs as many times as I can make it to the gym. So 4 times a week or more. I try to go every day but work sometimes gets in the way.  
I don't eat poorly, I tend to eat a lot of fruit/veggies, lean meat, whole grains, etc. I cut coffee out at christmas and now only drink tea. Never have sweets, and limit alcohol. 

When I look at my body it's more that I don't have broad shoulders.

If i had more muscle mass on my shoulders it wouldn't feel like I have a spare tire. 

I know my workout routine isn't what it should be but i've never really been educated on this stuff, more just do it because I like to stay as healthy as possible.

I'll try to get more crunches and side planks in.

thanks.

Seems like your working out hard and eating right, what's your body fat percentage?And have you been stressed out alot with work or life in general? Tha couldAlso lead you having a hard time shedding that extra fat. It's also beneficial to drink lots and lots of water, most of your body is made up from it, and if you are eating cheese in your diet try to cut that out of it for now, anything dealing with cheese or dairy.

I eat fat free yogurt in the mornings and for a small snack here and there. I barely if ever eat cheese.

I know I'm understress (comes with the work etc) but I wasn't aware that could lead to your body holding on to a couple extra pounds. Sleep probably has something to do with that as well, as the last time I was feeling completely lean I was getting more sleep.

Haven't done my body fat percentage.

how many MG of fish oil should i take a day for weight loss. cant seem to find an answer.

the pills i have are 1200 a pill.

I eat fat free yogurt in the mornings and for a small snack here and there. I barely if ever eat cheese.

I know I'm understress (comes with the work etc) but I wasn't aware that could lead to your body holding on to a couple extra pounds. Sleep probably has something to do with that as well, as the last time I was feeling completely lean I was getting more sleep.

I have differing opinions than the gentleman above.

I would recommend counting every calorie that you are eating for the last 3 days. Averaging that amount and then reducing the amount by 500 calories. When you count your food out you will want to aim for a 40/40/20 split of Protein/Carbs/Fat.

1 gram of protein = 4 calories
1 gram of carbs = 4 calories
1 gram of fat = 9 calories

You dont need to cut out dairy or cheese. In fact cheese is a good place to get your daily fat intake from. Find your caloric maintenance level and then reduce 500 calories from that and you should start dropping 1-2 lbs. a week if you are working out as much as you say you are.

Thats my .02

taimaishu123: You want 2-3 grams of Omega 3 so your looking at probably 6-8 pills a day.

youngmoney: most accurate is underwater testing. I would try calipers, measurements and the hand held machines and average the 3 together.

Alright Im gonna start a bulk sometime soon..So I need input from everyone..

Meals, recipes, what foods to buy and what worked for you, all info will be helpful.

I don't wanna look like a slob so all good bulking foods please. First time im doing a bulk so yea
laugh.gif

motivation to bulk?
Breakfast, three or four times a day

4 egg whites, 2 eggs
few sausages
2 pieces of 12 grain toast (I like to call it super bread... 20g carb, 5g pro per slice!!!) with wild berry jelly

dinner tonight is gonna be
1 REALLY big yam, baked
medium size organic beef steak
few cups of broccoli
cup of carrots

couple of 1000cal weight gainer shakes to top it off

I would recommend counting every calorie that you are eating for the last 3 days. Averaging that amount and then reducing the amount by 500 calories. When you count your food out you will want to aim for a 40/40/20 split of Protein/Carbs/Fat.

You dont need to cut out dairy or cheese. In fact cheese is a good place to get your daily fat intake from. Find your caloric maintenance level and then reduce 500 calories from that and you should start dropping 1-2 lbs. a week if you are working out as much as you say you are.

Thats my .02

taimaishu123: You want 2-3 grams of Omega 3 so your looking at probably 6-8 pills a day.

youngmoney: most accurate is underwater testing. I would try calipers, measurements and the hand held machines and average the 3 together.

The calorie info helps a lot. 
Next question is about bulking as this is totally new to me. 

My mind is telling me that you basically eat a lot of protein/carbs etc in anticipation of heavy workouts. Do you maintain your level of weights time while bulking or hold back a bit?

Enlighten me!

Thats my .02

The calorie info helps a lot. 
Next question is about bulking as this is totally new to me. 

My mind is telling me that you basically eat a lot of protein/carbs etc in anticipation of heavy workouts. Do you maintain your level of weights time while bulking or hold back a bit?

Enlighten me!
Cutting or bulking you should be lifting hard with heavy weights as much as possible.

Clean bulk: if your trying to put on lean muscle with limited fat find your caloric maintenance and shoot for 500-1000 extra calories.

Personally not a fan of the 6,000 (example) calorie diet when on a bulk as you put on muscle but a lot of fat as well. I would much rather do a clean/lean muscle bulk over a 2-3 month period and then a 6-8 week cut.

Thanks,

Found some more info pretty quick too while I had a minute at work.

Also, looks like i'm around the 10% body fat. I can see the top abs, but not the last ones, which i'd like to see, so I need to get down to 6-7%.

What i'm worried about with this is the maintenance and my energy level as I'll be depleting my reserves at that point.
How easy is it to maintain that level of body fat? What would my energy level be like?

I've probably never been much lower than what I am now.

Bodyfat is easy to lose with correct execution.

Gaining muscle isn't quite as easy... many more variable to control.
I'm enjoying a heavy dirty nasty stinking bulk. Sure, I have more BF than ever before but I don't care.
In fact, who REALLY gives a *+%@ what your BF is? girls arn't going to like you more and it isn't going to make you money...

Back
Top Bottom