Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Matt53

Originally Posted by Meangene4

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by Meangene4

Does anybody workout at home? I fingure its cheaper buying your own equipment then paying for a membership.

How is it cheaper?

I phrase that bad I not trying to say its cheaper but more wondering if its cheaper.
i got my bench, bars, and weights for $150 on craigslist and i've been using the barbell alot since i've been out of school these past few weeks, you just gotta be creative and find exercises to do
yep, been doing it for awhile now, i love working out at home

Wow after all that holiday feasting, I thought I had gained a few pounds. I actually lost 5.
pimp.gif

I had a question, from when I first started working out back in June, I have lost 40 lbs. I am around my ideal weight for my height. But I still have fat on mylove handles. it doesn't look like loose skin just a bit like it did when I was 40 lbs heavier but a bit smaller. I do ab exercises as well in addition tolifting and cardio.

Originally Posted by gatorad3

it means there's still more fat to lose.

yeah I guess your right. Its just that when you read those ideal body weight charts and stuff for my height 5'9.5, it says 160 and im around there but Iguess you gotta go by the mirror.

I'm trying to hit the gym now during my break from school and I was wondering about how to figure out what a good workout routine is like how many days andwhat to do on different days. I'm trying to lose a lot of weight. I've already lost 25 pounds the past few months and I want to keep going and rightnow I'm lazing around at home because I'm on break. So any helpful websites on trying to get a workout routine going specifically one to help burn fat

Originally Posted by masterhammy23

I'm trying to hit the gym now during my break from school and I was wondering about how to figure out what a good workout routine is like how many days and what to do on different days. I'm trying to lose a lot of weight. I've already lost 25 pounds the past few months and I want to keep going and right now I'm lazing around at home because I'm on break. So any helpful websites on trying to get a workout routine going specifically one to help burn fat
http://www.menshealth.com/men/fitness
http://www.mensfitness.com/
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

Originally Posted by gatorad3

it means there's still more fat to lose.

yeah I guess your right. Its just that when you read those ideal body weight charts and stuff for my height 5'9.5, it says 160 and im around there but I guess you gotta go by the mirror.

These "ideal" weights don't take into account for the size of your frame, or your body fat percentage. Try to find out what your body mass indexis.

Originally Posted by 23legacy45

Originally Posted by masterhammy23

I'm trying to hit the gym now during my break from school and I was wondering about how to figure out what a good workout routine is like how many days and what to do on different days. I'm trying to lose a lot of weight. I've already lost 25 pounds the past few months and I want to keep going and right now I'm lazing around at home because I'm on break. So any helpful websites on trying to get a workout routine going specifically one to help burn fat
http://www.menshealth.com/men/fitness
http://www.mensfitness.com/
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/

There's so much stuff to go through on these sites, but they're pretty helpful. Thanks

sup guys, I've been lurking this thread since the first one and i have learned a lot. So i started working out in late july i was 5'10 220 with nomuscle, that $%^& was disgusting, i was barley able to bench 95lbs. So today I'm 195lbs and benching 185lbs, my goal was to be around 180 at the endof the year but I'm still happy were I'm at. So good looks to everyone that contributes to this thread
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Joshuatree2192

Whats the difference between Platinum and Gold ON 100% whey protein? Is Platinum worth the extra money?

Platinum is supposed to be Whey Protein Hydrolysate (I think they word it as hydrolated whey isolate... same thing). It's just further broken down so itabsorbs faster than whey protein isolate, but I don't know that it's necessarily worth the extra money. If you find you have some indigestion with theregular whey protein, it means your body is just bypassing alot of the protein you're taking in as extra and making you !@#$ itout. (I've found I experience this whenever I have a cheaper grade of whey protein). If you don't have any issues when you take the regular 100%whey, I'd say to save your money. Only major benefit of the Platinum aside from that is you don't need as much of it post-workout (one scoop insteadof 2) so it could balance out to save you money in that sense.

Just got back from my 10 day new years trip. It was brilliant, just what the body needed, didn't go too overboard with the junk/alcohol, but I didn'thold back either. I think i've gained a few kilos which is good, I still have a toned physique. Might have just done a mini-bulk.

Well - im looking forward to the gym sessions this year.

sup dudes

i'm starting a 2700 cal/day cut.....never really done this before so i probably will be doing some tweaking.

i'm being anal about it all, tracking my caloric intake.......my breakfast was nearly 1000 calories and i was still hungry afterwards
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

sup dudes

i'm starting a 2700 cal/day cut.....never really done this before so i probably will be doing some tweaking.

i'm being anal about it all, tracking my caloric intake.......my breakfast was nearly 1000 calories and i was still hungry afterwards
laugh.gif
smh.gif
eek.gif
DAMN i wish i could allow myself to eat that many calorieson a cut. I'm eating at 1500-1600 calories.

Update: for me I finally broke through my plateau at 154.2 lbs for the past 2 months and got down to 152 lbs. Will try to get down to atleast 149 end of thismonth.

ON whey question. Do you guys really only use one scoop of this stuff? Maybe i'm just used to think protein shakes but this doesn't seem like enough.Anyone?

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

sup dudes

laugh.gif
smh.gif

damn lol..mine was like 450 and i could barely finish it.

started my cut today too. finally doing it right this time
pimp.gif
. im going tobe eating around 2300-2500 cals/day depending on my activity. also gona be going back to doing cardio and back to BJJ next week

asked a couple pages back but no reply =/

looking for a new pair of shoes to wear to the gym..

i do maybe 10min of cardio but everthing else is weight training

had my eye on these

34105061_w.jpg

Back
Top Bottom