Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

i was sad last week because my deadlift numbers went down. from 205 the previous week to 175 comfortably. it was a big drop in comfort once i put up 185+.today i tried deadlifting again. warmed up a lot better and had a really good breakfast an hour before i worked out.

got a new PR with deadlifts. 215x5. it was easy too. i probably couldve knocked out 3x225 next, but i didnt wanna exhaust myself from one workout. feelin good.same thing happened to my squats. from 205, i only did 175 yesterday, but i had a pretty rough weekend. hopefully next week my squat numbers will go up.

ive NEVER had strength gains this fast. or maybe ive never pushed myself to gain strength this fast. i'm starting to really get into getting in shape.

i changed my workout since ive been on break to this:
workout A: squats, bench, military press
workout B: deadlifts, pull-ups (no bar at my house, just use the total gym my uncle gave me and put a plate on the bench), rows
workout C: lunges, arms, abs and core
Heavy bag workout: 5 minute bike ride around neighborhood, punch and kick the %%%% out of my bag for 30-40 mins. core work.

Monday: A or B
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: whatever i didnt do on monday
Thursday: Heavy bag or rest, depending on how i feel
Friday: Rest or heavy bag.
Saturday: C. (i like doing C on weekends because it doesn't drain too much energy from me and my arms feel more pumped if i do the workout before i go outon evenings. shallow, i know.)
Sunday: rest/recover from weekend.

ive been doing that for three weeks now. feels way better than doing standard 3-5 day splits.

Originally Posted by I D0NT PASS

Anyone in here do yoga?

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
during the school semester its a nice stretch and lets you know what muscles arefiring/need strengthening

Just spent the past 3 weeks doing crossfit. I'll never go back to traditional weightlifting after this.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Damn I couldn't find this thread for the life of me...
laugh.gif

Does anyone use ON Pro Complex Natural? Would anyone recommend it over their Natural Whey for a post-workout shake?

I have to invest in another tub of something and its either I get a 5 lb tub of the Natural Whey or the Pro Complex...help needed.
pro complex > 100% whey imo.

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Just spent the past 3 weeks doing crossfit. I'll never go back to traditional weightlifting after this.

I started 1 1/2 years ago, and I haven't looked back.

Merry Christmas yo.

Hope you guys take a little break and enjoy the food and time with ya families. This is a great time of year to remember the simple things in life and justrelax a little.

Heres hoping for a protein filled 2010! lol

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

Yo, I felt this warm feeling in my legs, like they were on fire when I was squatting close to my max. LOL
RIP.

Joe can you break it down for me why it's better? Is it because of all the different sources...and have you made more gains than using just the ON naturalwhey?

I finally hit 2 plates for deadlifts this week. I almost threw up after doing 5 reps, now I know what intensity some of ya speak about.

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

Yo, I felt this warm feeling in my legs, like they were on fire when I was squatting close to my max. LOL
RIP.
Really that bad? I felt fine afterwards.

This was during my circuit training attempt btw.

I took jack3d and forgot the gym closed early... First full serving BTW.

Got me jumping around all over my friend's house.

Originally Posted by bigjohn46581

i was sad last week because my deadlift numbers went down. from 205 the previous week to 175 comfortably. it was a big drop in comfort once i put up 185+. today i tried deadlifting again. warmed up a lot better and had a really good breakfast an hour before i worked out.

got a new PR with deadlifts. 215x5. it was easy too. i probably couldve knocked out 3x225 next, but i didnt wanna exhaust myself from one workout. feelin good. same thing happened to my squats. from 205, i only did 175 yesterday, but i had a pretty rough weekend. hopefully next week my squat numbers will go up.

ive NEVER had strength gains this fast. or maybe ive never pushed myself to gain strength this fast. i'm starting to really get into getting in shape.

i changed my workout since ive been on break to this:
workout A: squats, bench, military press
workout B: deadlifts, pull-ups (no bar at my house, just use the total gym my uncle gave me and put a plate on the bench), rows
workout C: lunges, arms, abs and core
Heavy bag workout: 5 minute bike ride around neighborhood, punch and kick the %%%% out of my bag for 30-40 mins. core work.

Monday: A or B
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: whatever i didnt do on monday
Thursday: Heavy bag or rest, depending on how i feel
Friday: Rest or heavy bag.
Saturday: C. (i like doing C on weekends because it doesn't drain too much energy from me and my arms feel more pumped if i do the workout before i go out on evenings. shallow, i know.)
Sunday: rest/recover from weekend.

ive been doing that for three weeks now. feels way better than doing standard 3-5 day splits.
Your split looks excellent. Maybe you could put military press on 'Day C' since doing those 3 exercises on the same day could cause somefatigue and your #s to be less than what they should be.

Can someone post a sample crossfit workout?

Originally Posted by nanbeezy

Originally Posted by Vancity74

I started 1 1/2 years ago, and I haven't looked back.
explain exactly what this is?

Joe can you break it down for me why it's better? Is it because of all the different sources...and have you made more gains than using just the ON natural whey?
it's almost entirely whey protein isolate, 100% whey is a blend of isolate and concentrate. pro complex also has added amino acids. not thebiggest deal in the world and maybe not worth the additional price but definitely better.

as for gains.....that really depends a lot more on diet and my routine than what protein i'm using. but i've used pro complex in the past a LOT andhad great results.

difference between weight gainers and muscle builders? im a skinny skinny stick so im not sure which way to go about this.

i started cyto-gainer a while ago and i finished the bucket yesterday and weighed myself i went from 150 to 160-163ish and im looking to go back and getanother bucket but im wondering to get a little for edge for next football season should i buy the $9 creatine also or am i becoming a powder @@@$% andit'll mess me up?

Originally Posted by CrunkJuicedUp

i have a question for some of you more fit guys... sorry fatty's
laugh.gif
, i injured my back some time ago while i was wrestling my cousin and it healed but never fully like when i do back workouts or straining activity's it starts 2 hurt in my lower portion, my question is if i build up my core do you think i can help my back out? i know some of you dudes with six packs that had back pain in the past the pain melted away as your core got stronger. thx for the help, id also like 2 ask for some suppliements, rite now im on 100% whey, a multi and cell mass and NO explode and Ive gotten pretty huge, no +!@#. thx
smile.gif

About your back: Your core is pretty much the key to most of your strength so in theory, a strong core sshould help out your back. THAT SAID: you shouldprobably get your back checked out just to be safe. No need taking unneecessary risk working it out if something is really wrong.

Originally Posted by Yan Can Cook

difference between weight gainers and muscle builders? im a skinny skinny stick so im not sure which way to go about this.

You can use weight gainers or mass gainers. But really, all you need to do is eat A LOT. Think of a time when your full, then eat 3x as that. You said youra skinny stick so you'll take a long time to get mass. Then when you put on your ideal/target weight you can cut the fat you gained and you'll see themuscle.

You should also have a good gym routine too to speed up the muscle growth. In essence, you don't need these fancy weight gainers, just simply wholefoodsin quantities will do you well!

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

I finally hit 2 plates for deadlifts this week. I almost threw up after doing 5 reps, now I know what intensity some of ya speak about.

Feels good, doesn't it? Sadly, I've got squats waiting for me in the morning. I've been putting it off all week.
frown.gif

For those of you who work "core muscles" what good do you get from this and what kind of workouts do you do?

Finally i get to go back to the gym. Ive know ive said this many time but I work for fed-ex and if anyone else here does or even work for UPS yall know whatthe month of december is like. 12 hrs days 5-6 days a week on the go non-stop. Whew... Thank god i do work for a job that does this because i had no time toeat , sleep etc comfortably at all for about a month. The good is that im moving around, lifting boxes, running up and down stairs so i really didnt anyweight. Maybe 1-3 lbs because i was eating crap!! for food since i was on the run so much. But its over and now its time to get my routine going so i can shootfor shirtless summer 2010. I know it seems corny but im 32 and have never had the chance to do it and its something i want to do once in my lifetime. Just togo to a beach or water park and be able to go shirtless. So back on the grind I go starting Tues morning. 24hr fitness here I come......

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Hai Guyz,

I just need confirmation...so yams are a post-workout food, right?
I read that yams are good pre workout foods, but ive gotten some pretty good results having a good meal like a 4 hours before my workout and noteating until my workout was over. I would rather eat a baked potatoe without the skin after my workout. At the moment i'm playing around with not eatingsolid carbs until an hour after my workout, however I am consuming a protien shake PWO and so far i'm doing pretty good.

to me it would be Baked Potatoe > Sweet Potatoe > Yams

Back
Top Bottom