Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by SURE LOCK 510

asked a couple pages back but no reply =/

looking for a new pair of shoes to wear to the gym..

i do maybe 10min of cardio but everthing else is weight training

had my eye on these

34105061_w.jpg
I hate all shox or other nike sneakers made for excercise except a couple of Nike's running shoes. You could get by with those if you wantbut for me personally I stick with Asics but then again I do a bit of cardio every week, but besides that their pretty comfortable.

^ I have that pair. Gottem at the nike outlet for like 30. I hate them. They're pretty stiff and they're not well ventilated although Ive only wornthem 3 or 4 time to the gym and still not better. But if your not doing too much cardio and they're cheap I'd go for them.

I really like the Free's, especially with no socks. Hopefully I can find another pair soon.

Quick question...

The past 2-3 weeks I've been feeling a little weaker in the weight room. I'm having trouble finishing out sets. Ex...I was on my 2nd set on the bench(I normally do 3x12) and I was struggling to get to 10. I haven't changed my diet and I had been progressing pretty well. Any ideas?

^ could be a few things. id try to get in a pre workout snack in atleast an hour befor. hows your diet? drinking enough water thru out the day? also tryswitchin it up. next chest workout use dumbells. hope this helps

had my eye on these

34105061_w.jpg
Terrible choice. Go with something with flat heels and as thin soles as possible. Think converse all stars, wrestling shoes, etc.

had my eye on these

34105061_w.jpg

nike-354746-001-med.jpg

Originally Posted by gatorad3

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

sup dudes

i'm starting a 2700 cal/day cut.....never really done this before so i probably will be doing some tweaking.

i'm being anal about it all, tracking my caloric intake.......my breakfast was nearly 1000 calories and i was still hungry afterwards
laugh.gif
smh.gif
eek.gif
DAMN i wish i could allow myself to eat that many calories on a cut. I'm eating at 1500-1600 calories.

Update: for me I finally broke through my plateau at 154.2 lbs for the past 2 months and got down to 152 lbs. Will try to get down to atleast 149 end of this month.
laugh.gif
damn i think i would starve to death on that fewcals....it's all about body weight though, i got like 50+ lbs on you.

good luck on your cut bro, i'm not looking forward to it but the end results will be worth it.

i'm also keeping cardio to a minimum on my cut, i'm looking to maintain as much muscle mass/strength as possible.

Originally Posted by hypebeast21

workout 2hrs everyday...and im g00d

Two hours is pretty long. Working out for more than a hour will make your testosterone level to drop and your cortisol to rise drastically, so resistanceworkouts lasting longer than an hour isn't really good.

Originally Posted by FilthyRich

^ could be a few things. id try to get in a pre workout snack in atleast an hour befor. hows your diet? drinking enough water thru out the day? also try switchin it up. next chest workout use dumbells. hope this helps

Now that I think about it, it's probably my diet and not being able to eat how I've been wanting to because of the holidays. I'll try switching todumbbells occasionally too.

I just started a new program that has is more focused on stretching that ive ever done before.

I also bought a book on PNF that ive been eyeing for about 6 months now. I cant wait to read it.

Anyone doing a 5 day split want to post their routine?

I know some have done it before but i want to tweak mine a little,

whats been working for you "5 dayers"?????????

sup dudes

i'm starting a 2700 cal/day cut.....never really done this before so i probably will be doing some tweaking.

i'm being anal about it all, tracking my caloric intake.......my breakfast was nearly 1000 calories and i was still hungry afterwards
laugh.gif
smh.gif
eek.gif
DAMN i wish i could allow myself to eat that many calories on a cut. I'm eating at 1500-1600 calories.

Update: for me I finally broke through my plateau at 154.2 lbs for the past 2 months and got down to 152 lbs. Will try to get down to atleast 149 end of this month.
laugh.gif
damn i think i would starve to death on that few cals....it's all about body weight though, i got like 50+ lbs on you.

good luck on your cut bro, i'm not looking forward to it but the end results will be worth it.

i'm also keeping cardio to a minimum on my cut, i'm looking to maintain as much muscle mass/strength as possible.

Joe that sounds good, a 2700 cut is like my bulking-++# intake lol.. but yeah like you said it depends on your body composition/weight etc.. I have around a400ish cal breakfast and I get mad full. Im still doing the whole body recomp - little over maintenance trying to gain muscle whilst minimising the fat thebest I can.

With cardio on cut, I think it would do wonders if used correctly. Im sure on a cut you either increase cardio or decrease carbs - not both. But i'd beinterested to see your results, because from what I recall you were quite big like mass wise and quite defined. So a cut would just amplify that.

Everyone should give an update, bounce some stories and experiences around.. it'll be good for the thread.

Originally Posted by miamib30514

Anyone doing a 5 day split want to post their routine?

I know some have done it before but i want to tweak mine a little,

whats been working for you "5 dayers"?????????

This is what ive sort of being doing the last month or so..

Mon (legs)
- Squats 10, 8, 6
- BB or DB lunges 3x10
- DB calf raise 3x25

Tues (chest)
- BB bench 10, 8, 6
- Inc or Dec DB bench 3x10 or 4x10
- Dips
- Pec Dec or Dec/Inc Fly

Weds (back)
- Weighted pull ups till failure
- Deadlift 10, 8, 6 (getting good gains on this)
- Lat Pull Down 3/4x10
- Bent row or one arm row (or seated row)

Thurs (shoulders)
- Jerk? til shoulders then military press (not sure of the name) 10, 8, 6
- Upright Row 3/4x10
- Shurgs BB or DB
- Lat raise 3/4x10

Fri (arms) ( more endurance here)
- BB curls
- EZ curl
- Skull crush / kick backs

I usually spend around 45mins - 90mins at the gym depending on how busy it is, but I like to have as little rest as possible on small muscle groups and try tominimize the rest on compounds exercises like squats etc.

Definitely thinking of moving in a 3 day split, where its just compound lifting for explosivity and strength. Basketball season is just around the corner forus and this is the best shape ive been in for a new year, plus with training sessions its really hard to balance gym/rest.training.

Originally Posted by I3

sup dudes

laugh.gif
smh.gif
eek.gif

laugh.gif
damn i think i would starve to death on that few cals....it's all about body weight though, i got like 50+ lbs on you.

Joe that sounds good, a 2700 cut is like my bulking-++# intake lol.. but yeah like you said it depends on your body composition/weight etc.. I have around a 400ish cal breakfast and I get mad full. Im still doing the whole body recomp - little over maintenance trying to gain muscle whilst minimising the fat the best I can.

With cardio on cut, I think it would do wonders if used correctly. Im sure on a cut you either increase cardio or decrease carbs - not both. But i'd be interested to see your results, because from what I recall you were quite big like mass wise and quite defined. So a cut would just amplify that.

Everyone should give an update, bounce some stories and experiences around.. it'll be good for the thread.
yeah unfortunately i've been lifting inconsistently compared to my usual due to travel and eating with reckless abandon so i am no longer allthat cut

although i think i have added a little mass from all the calories.

so the goal is to get back to that level of bf%

then i'll slowly add on some muscle with a really clean diet so i am still cut for the summer

or that's the plan at least

hows the recomp thing going? i've never been ableto pull something like that off.....every time i try i literally accomplish nothing....no fat loss and nomuscle or strength gain
laugh.gif
maybe i'm just not built for it ori'm doing something wrong, i dunno

Yeah, I'll probably be around 2500-2700 cal./day to cut down. I think I've been between 3500-5000 cal./day for the past year or so, and I've madesome good gains, but I want to see my definition again. Sucks trying to eat less though, and it takes a while to adjust to working out on less calories.

What does everyone think about this Beginner workout?

The Workout

i2.gif

Monday: Upper body
[table][tr][td]Exercise[/td] [td]Sets[/td] [td]Reps[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dumbbell presses on flat bench[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pec deck flyes[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Standing barbell military presses[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tricep V-bar pushdowns[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Skullcrushers with EZ-bar[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Lateral dumbbell deltoid raises[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]12-15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Preacher curls with EZ-bar[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Seated dumbbell bicep curls[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Lat pulls[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dumbbell rows[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dumbbell shrugs[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][/table]
print.gif
Click here for a printable log of Monday!

Tuesday: Lower Body + Abs
[table][tr][td]Exercise[/td] [td]Sets[/td] [td]Reps[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Leg presses (plate-loaded machine)[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Leg extension machine[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Seated hamstring curls[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Face-down hamstring curls[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Standing calf presses[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Seated calf presses[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]12-15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ab-machine of choice (Nautilus recommended)[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Crunches[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]Unlim.[/td] [/tr][/table]
print.gif
Click here for a printable log of Tuesday!

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: Upper Body
[table][tr][td]Exercise[/td] [td]Sets[/td] [td]Reps[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chins (assisted, if necessary)[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Seated cable rows[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Upright cable rows[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Lateral dumbbell deltoid raises[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]12-15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Standing EZ-bar bicep curls[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Seated dumbbell hammer curls[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]12-15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dumbbell presses on incline bench[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Cable crossover flies (focus on contraction)[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]12-15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Standing barbell military presses[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dips (assisted, if necessary)[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tricep rope pushdowns[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][/table]
print.gif
Click here for a printable log of Thursday!

Friday: Lower Body + Abs
[table][tr][td]Exercise[/td] [td]Sets[/td] [td]Reps[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Donkey calf presses[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Standing calf presses[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Seated hamstring curls[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kneeling one-leg hamstring curls (if avail. otherwise face-down curls)[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]12-15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Leg presses (plate-loaded machine)[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Hack squats[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]12-15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ab-machine of choice (Nautilus recommended)[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Crunches[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]Unlim.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

That gives you almost no shoulder work outs and where's your compounds? deadlift squat and bench press?

^ I would group muscle groups together for instance chest and tris mon, back and bis tues, cardio and abs wed, shoulders and legs thursday.... etc. For therest of the week being the cycle over or do a lot of cardio if youre trying to cut. I like being in the gym 6-7 days a week because it keeps me in a routine soI dont get lazy. For every person its different, try various methods and routines and see which one works best for you.

That's a lot of exercise per day in my opinion. I'm no expert though.

When I started I did the Arnold's Golden Six.. Worked out for me pretty well.

He says that the aim of this program was simply to get big. It proved him right after a short period of time, he gained a lot of weight AND got bigger muscles.
"do this 3 times a week for 3 months. Try to increase the amount of weights every week"

1. Squats

Use as much weight as you can to allow for a total of 4*10. Rest 2 minutes between each set

2. Bench

Use a rather wide grip (hands 80cm apart). Do three sets of 10, rest 2 mins between sets

3. Pull-up

Use a wide grip, and do three sets and in each set you do the maximum amount of reps you can.

4. Barbell Behind Neck Press

basically trains your shoulders and arms by sitting straight on a chair with the back straight... and lifting free weights in a line from your shoulders, or neck, up til arms are straight, and then down. 4*10 with 2 min rest

5. I think this is dumbell... You train your biceps with a... pole? in standing position. 3*10 with 90secs rest

6. normal ab crunch

Hands behind the neck, knees bent. Do 3* max.

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

What does everyone think about this Beginner workout?

The Workout

i2.gif

Monday: Upper body
[table][tr][td]Exercise[/td] [td]Sets[/td] [td]Reps[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dumbbell presses on flat bench[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pec deck flyes[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Standing barbell military presses[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tricep V-bar pushdowns[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Skullcrushers with EZ-bar[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Lateral dumbbell deltoid raises[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]12-15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Preacher curls with EZ-bar[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Seated dumbbell bicep curls[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Lat pulls[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dumbbell rows[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dumbbell shrugs[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][/table]
print.gif
Click here for a printable log of Monday!

Tuesday: Lower Body + Abs
[table][tr][td]Exercise[/td] [td]Sets[/td] [td]Reps[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Leg presses (plate-loaded machine)[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Leg extension machine[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Seated hamstring curls[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Face-down hamstring curls[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Standing calf presses[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Seated calf presses[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]12-15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ab-machine of choice (Nautilus recommended)[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Crunches[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]Unlim.[/td] [/tr][/table]
print.gif
Click here for a printable log of Tuesday!

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: Upper Body
[table][tr][td]Exercise[/td] [td]Sets[/td] [td]Reps[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chins (assisted, if necessary)[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Seated cable rows[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Upright cable rows[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Lateral dumbbell deltoid raises[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]12-15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Standing EZ-bar bicep curls[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Seated dumbbell hammer curls[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]12-15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dumbbell presses on incline bench[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Cable crossover flies (focus on contraction)[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]12-15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Standing barbell military presses[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dips (assisted, if necessary)[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tricep rope pushdowns[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][/table]
print.gif
Click here for a printable log of Thursday!

Friday: Lower Body + Abs
[table][tr][td]Exercise[/td] [td]Sets[/td] [td]Reps[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Donkey calf presses[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Standing calf presses[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Seated hamstring curls[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kneeling one-leg hamstring curls (if avail. otherwise face-down curls)[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]12-15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Leg presses (plate-loaded machine)[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Hack squats[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]12-15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ab-machine of choice (Nautilus recommended)[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Crunches[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]Unlim.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

this workout tries to workout too many muscles, while barely focusing on each one. For example for the entire week you only do 4-9 (depending if you considerdips and cables a chest workout) chest related sets!
eyes.gif
You gotta hit thegym harder than that if you want results

Took my week off during Christmas, but I didn't do my stretching/rehab like I wanted to. My back is 99% healthy, though. Currently on week 2 of HST.

to the guy who's bench press is plateauing, monitor your sleep.
I experience a set back in bench press every once in a while and I have noticed that I usually don't get enough sleep on those days so my workout suffersas a result.

So doing cardio causes a reduction in strength?
I was planning to start doing some cardio but I don't want to lose strength.

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Yeah, I'll probably be around 2500-2700 cal./day to cut down. I think I've been between 3500-5000 cal./day for the past year or so, and I've made some good gains, but I want to see my definition again. Sucks trying to eat less though, and it takes a while to adjust to working out on less calories.
yup...i ate 2682 calories today according to thedailyplate.com, and i am absolutely starving right now. i am allowed 18 more, what should i eat? adrop of milk perhaps?
laugh.gif
frown.gif

my lift was fine today but yeah i'm sure i will be a lot less energetic in the coming days.

I took that workout from Bodybuilding.com

Its basically a beginners regiment then progresses to the intermediate and so on every month or so.

Can anyone tweak it and help me out?

Back
Top Bottom