Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Word to marathons and endurance events.

I by no means have no utmost interest in long-distance running, i'd simply immaturely reply by saying - why run when you can take a car?

But I will one day complete a marathon or long-distance event just to say I tried and pushed myself towards it. How long is a marathon anyway?

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

nealraj006 wrote:

chewtoy, you ever done the back bridge or wrestler's bridge? It's a great stretch for your spine and back that emphasizes good posture. Might help alleviate some soreness
Word, that article by rusty on this got me using it on my stretch days/ab days. Good stuff.
Yeah. I was lazy about it for a while, doing it sporadically. Rusty got me doing them religiously.
laugh.gif

Which specific variation are you talking about? I only know of two:

MatthewBridging.jpg

powerbridge2.jpg

Is there another I don't know about? I just did the above two today, felt pretty good.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

You took a picture of your back after a leg workout? HUH?

laugh.gif

SLDLs hit the back my man.

Well aware but its minimally.

I'm still standing by my original statement of "HUH?"
laugh.gif

Agreed...SLDL are supposed to put the majority of the emphasis on your hamstrings, not the back
ohwell.gif

On a side note, props to DJprestige, looking lean.

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

nealraj006 wrote:

chewtoy, you ever done the back bridge or wrestler's bridge? It's a great stretch for your spine and back that emphasizes good posture. Might help alleviate some soreness
Word, that article by rusty on this got me using it on my stretch days/ab days. Good stuff.
Yeah. I was lazy about it for a while, doing it sporadically. Rusty got me doing them religiously.
laugh.gif
Which specific variation are you talking about? I only know of two:

MatthewBridging.jpg

powerbridge2.jpg

Is there another I don't know about? I just did the above two today, felt pretty good.
I'm talking about the 2nd one. I can't even do that first one and it looks like it could compress some discs in your back which might endup hurting more than healing.

Originally Posted by I3

Word to marathons and endurance events.

I by no means have no utmost interest in long-distance running, i'd simply immaturely reply by saying - why run when you can take a car?

But I will one day complete a marathon or long-distance event just to say I tried and pushed myself towards it. How long is a marathon anyway?
26 and some change miles.

uh. cool bro.
Word.

What kind of carbs do you guys use PWO...
I know Joe Camel mentioned a few pages back but i can't find it...

pwo = post workout?

if so, the glycogen-stores being depleted thing is a myth, weightlifting does not do this. complex carbs are best.

(a lot of people advocate high-GI carbs pwo , don't listen to them)

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

Down 37 lbs from July 1 hell yeah! And I gained some muscle as well. But I know if I wasn't losing weight I would be a lot bigger and would be able to lift a lot more. Thanks for all the advice guys !
What did your workout regime look like?

Yeah post workout... I don't like high GI afterwards, and I haven't been using anything just my protein for a few months as I have been leaning out.
But I think someone mentioned something similar to Waxy maize Starch on here, I just can't remember what it was.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

pwo = post workout?

if so, the glycogen-stores being depleted thing is a myth, weightlifting does not do this. complex carbs are best.

(a lot of people advocate high-GI carbs pwo , don't listen to them)

Yeah.. I think theres some study that states unless you work-out in a fasted state for more than 2 hours strait, the glycogen isn't completely depleted. Therefore there is no need to have high GI carbs immediately PWO.

If you have had a decent meal before a workout, carbs/proteins/fats or whatever, then you might not even need carbs PWO. Maybe 1-2 hours later have anothercarbs/protein/fats meal.

Basically, ive had the best experience, just having a whey shake after then 30mins or an hour later, just eating a normal meal. IMO even the GI isn't thatapplicable here, just have carbs and protein and you should be good.

Thanks for all the compliments guys....
Durden7 wrote:
Didnt you say in the other thread you used at one point in time?
Nah but I was accused many times though lol.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Good looks on the story IICE.
Regardless of gear... what establishes the last two years as "serious"?
Before I was on and off on and off. I would train for a week or 2 maybe a month, then slack. plus I never got a gym membership till recently. Ijust used what I had in the crib. There were times I remember not training for a year or more. Also, my mind frame was quick gains, but I learned things taketime.
So i began training, but this time went 3-4-5 days a week for 12 weeks at a time, then slowed down a bit to recoup. Plus my eating is much better and smarter.I pay more attention to my body and how it reacts to certain things like what I eat.

I have heard the term HIT & HIRT exercises, is there any difference between the two? Also, if anyone has any good HIT/HIRT routines I would greatlyappreciate if you could send my way. Thanks in advance

I meant one variation more towards the second one, but with the head to knees being aligned. Instead of lying on your head(which is bad for your neck), makeyour head to your knees straight. But I wasn't talking about a variation anywhere near as drastic as the first pic.

i have a dumb question....i take protein (just the little powder from wallys world) and i am trying to just tone up and slim down. Like my arms are kinda buff for a girl
ohwell.gif
and i feel like they are getting bigger because i lift. But when lifting i do more reps of smaller weights and i do cardio like running and jump roping etc...but basically i feel like the protein is making me gain mass which is not what i really want to do. i want to lose the weight and just be toned...does that make sense?
Stop taking the protein then. If you're tryna get cut up your cardio and cut down on the lifting, even if it's light or the "girlweights"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

i have a dumb question....i take protein (just the little powder from wallys world) and i am trying to just tone up and slim down. Like my arms are kinda buff for a girl
ohwell.gif
and i feel like they are getting bigger because i lift. But when lifting i do more reps of smaller weights and i do cardio like running and jump roping etc...but basically i feel like the protein is making me gain mass which is not what i really want to do. i want to lose the weight and just be toned...does that make sense?
Stop taking the protein then. If you're tryna get cut up your cardio and cut down on the lifting, even if it's light or the "girl weights"
laugh.gif

Why should she stop taking the protein?

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

ohwell.gif
Stop taking the protein then. If you're tryna get cut up your cardio and cut down on the lifting, even if it's light or the "girl weights"
laugh.gif
Why should she stop taking the protein?

I don't know about that girl's situation but a good reason why most non-vegetarian Americans should stop taking protein supplements is because ourdiets are composed of a lot of protein dense foods (one main example being meats). Believe it or not, many of America's health problems are due to anover-intake of proteins. I would not recommend them for anyone unless they are not getting an adequate amount every day.

Originally Posted by Baybully650

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Agreed...SLDL are supposed to put the majority of the emphasis on your hamstrings, not the back
ohwell.gif

Deads hit the back hard despite being a secondary muscle. Most Powerlifters have gigantic backs with little direct lat work from dead lifting,rack pulls, any dead variation.

It gives you a pump, believe me.

and thanks.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

Deads hit the back hard despite being a secondary muscle. Most Powerlifters have gigantic backs with little direct lat work from dead lifting, rack pulls, any dead variation.

Yeah Deadlifts, not SLDL.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

Deads hit the back hard despite being a secondary muscle. Most Powerlifters have gigantic backs with little direct lat work from dead lifting, rack pulls, any dead variation.

Yeah Deadlifts, not SLDL.
Not to be the guy calling people out but, have you ever straight legged dead lifted?

How do you guys react to d-bags at the gym who glare at you working out with the face that says I could lift more then him or how is he lifting that much? Theway some of these tools stare at other guys is funny

^ thats why i love going in late at night. But I mean hey its their gym too as long as they dont say nothing to me Im cool.

On a side note, I started a new routine and took less time in between sets and I havent felt this sore in weeks.

Back
Top Bottom