Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Steamin Beamin

Im in desperate need of getting back in shape. Im fat im talking 5 11" weighing 250 with a gut fat, I know I need to fix my diet so if I was going to the grocery store today what should be in my basket to eat clean and be in decent shape for late May?
Actually going to the store tomorrow so any input would help

Originally Posted by MrDoeBoI

I hate asking questions in thread that's suppose to be resourceful and getting no answers back.

That means people don't know.  Hire a personal trainer to ask your questions. 

Im in desperate need of getting back in shape. Im fat im talking 5 11" weighing 250 with a gut fat, I know I need to fix my diet so if I was going to the grocery store today what should be in my basket to eat clean and be in decent shape for late May?

The infamous bodybuilders grocery list!

Bodybuilder's Grocery List
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROTEINS

Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
Tuna (water packed)
Fish (salmon, seabass, halibut)
Shrimp
Extra Lean Ground Beef or Ground Round (92-96%)
Venison
Buffalo
Ostrich
Protein Powder
Egg Whites or Eggs
Ribeye Steaks or Roast
Top Round Steaks or Roast (aka Stew Meat, London Broil, Stir Fry)
Top Sirloin (aka Sirloin Top Butt)
Beef Tenderloin (aka Filet, Filet Mignon)
Top Loin (NY Strip Steak)
Flank Steak (Sir Fry, Fajita)
Eye of Round (Cube Meat, Stew Meat, Bottom Round , 96% LeandGround Round)
Ground turkey, Turkey Breast Slices or cutlets (fresh meat, not deli cuts), ground chicken

COMPLEX CARBS

Oatmeal (Old Fashioned or Quick Oats)
Sweet Potatoes
Yams
Beans (pinto, black, kidney)
Oat Bran Cereal
Rye Cereal
Brown Rice
Farina (Cream of Wheat)
Multigrain Hot Cereal
Whole wheat or Spinach Pasta
Rice (white, jasmine, basmati, Arborio, wild)
Potatoes (red, baking, new)

FIBROUS CARBS

Green Leafy Lettuce (Green Leaf, Red, Leaf, Romaine)
Broccoli
Asparagus
String Beans
Spinach
Bell Peppers
Brussels Sprouts
Cauliflower
Cabbage
Celery
Cucumber
Eggplant
Green or Red Pepper
Onions
Pumpkin
Garlic
Tomatoes
Zucchini

FRUIT

(if acceptable on diet): bananas, apples, grapefruit, peaches, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, lemons or limes

HEALTHY FATS

Natural Style Peanut Butter
Olive Oil or Safflower Oil
Nuts (peanuts, almonds
Flaxseed Oil

DAIRY AND EGGS

Low-fat cottage cheese
Eggs
Low or Non-Fat Milk
Bottled Water

CONDIMENTS & SPICES

Diet Soda
Crystal Light
Fat Free Mayonnaise
Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
Reduced Sodium Teriyaki Sauce
Balsamic Vinegar
Salsa
Hot Peppers and Hot Sauce
Chili powder
Mrs. Dash
Steak Sauce
Sugar Free Maple Syrup
Chili Paste
Mustard
Extracts (vanilla, almond, etc )
Low Sodium beef or chicken broth
Plain or reduced sodium tomatoes sauce, puree, paste)

Originally Posted by Money Making A

The infamous bodybuilders grocery list!

Bodybuilder's Grocery List
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROTEINS

Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
Tuna (water packed)
Fish (salmon, seabass, halibut)
Shrimp
Extra Lean Ground Beef or Ground Round (92-96%)
Venison
Buffalo
Ostrich
Protein Powder
Egg Whites or Eggs
Ribeye Steaks or Roast
Top Round Steaks or Roast (aka Stew Meat, London Broil, Stir Fry)
Top Sirloin (aka Sirloin Top Butt)
Beef Tenderloin (aka Filet, Filet Mignon)
Top Loin (NY Strip Steak)
Flank Steak (Sir Fry, Fajita)
Eye of Round (Cube Meat, Stew Meat, Bottom Round , 96% LeandGround Round)
Ground turkey, Turkey Breast Slices or cutlets (fresh meat, not deli cuts), ground chicken

COMPLEX CARBS

Oatmeal (Old Fashioned or Quick Oats)
Sweet Potatoes
Yams
Beans (pinto, black, kidney)
Oat Bran Cereal
Rye Cereal
Brown Rice
Farina (Cream of Wheat)
Multigrain Hot Cereal
Whole wheat or Spinach Pasta
Rice (white, jasmine, basmati, Arborio, wild)
Potatoes (red, baking, new)

FIBROUS CARBS

Green Leafy Lettuce (Green Leaf, Red, Leaf, Romaine)
Broccoli
Asparagus
String Beans
Spinach
Bell Peppers
Brussels Sprouts
Cauliflower
Cabbage
Celery
Cucumber
Eggplant
Green or Red Pepper
Onions
Pumpkin
Garlic
Tomatoes
Zucchini

FRUIT

(if acceptable on diet): bananas, apples, grapefruit, peaches, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, lemons or limes

HEALTHY FATS

Natural Style Peanut Butter
Olive Oil or Safflower Oil
Nuts (peanuts, almonds
Flaxseed Oil

DAIRY AND EGGS

Low-fat cottage cheese
Eggs
Low or Non-Fat Milk
Bottled Water

CONDIMENTS & SPICES

Diet Soda
Crystal Light
Fat Free Mayonnaise
Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
Reduced Sodium Teriyaki Sauce
Balsamic Vinegar
Salsa
Hot Peppers and Hot Sauce
Chili powder
Mrs. Dash
Steak Sauce
Sugar Free Maple Syrup
Chili Paste
Mustard
Extracts (vanilla, almond, etc )
Low Sodium beef or chicken broth
Plain or reduced sodium tomatoes sauce, puree, paste)

I appreciate the list and the quick response it looks like it will really help

Can I have some advice?
I usually just get in the gym and lift. As I am getting stronger and results I feel as if I'm still doing something wrong. Two main things cardio and I don't ALWAYS eat right.
I'm about 5'11 225. Do you think those two things are what I am missing? I'm barely starting to grow form in my chest (its always been big though and firm) and grow vascularity in my forearms. These are the things I see in people as they are on the verge of the next level, true or false? Any feedback is appreciated. Don't BS me though.

lol alright ill document my progress if i take it. nordic virormone test prop 50mg/mL 2 mL amps in case anyone is wondering.

club there are illegal substances that increase any and all sorts of athletic performance.....i don't agree with the ethics of taking them to get ahead in athletic competition but they can and will give you and edge if used properly.

Originally Posted by GotStyle58

Can I have some advice?
I usually just get in the gym and lift. As I am getting stronger and results I feel as if I'm still doing something wrong. Two main things cardio and I don't ALWAYS eat right.
I'm about 5'11 225. Do you think those two things are what I am missing? I'm barely starting to grow form in my chest (its always been big though and firm) and grow vascularity in my forearms. These are the things I see in people as they are on the verge of the next level, true or false? Any feedback is appreciated. Don't BS me though.
you should definitely work out your entire body, not just arms and chest. cardio is vital to burning body fat so that may very well be what's preventing you from seeing the results you desire.

Originally Posted by Slim

Originally Posted by GotStyle58

Can I have some advice?
you should definitely work out your entire body, not just arms and chest. cardio is vital to burning body fat so that may very well be what's preventing you from seeing the results you desire.

I came to that conclusion as well # Starting yesterday I decided to work hard on my cardio and to become more proficiency in my eating habits. .

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

lol alright ill document my progress if i take it. nordic virormone test prop 50mg/mL 2 mL amps in case anyone is wondering.

just make sure its not a counterfeit before you run it joe, either that or underdosed so it wont do *&#$

edit:

1ZdYpwcdHQHGqHqOS8GQTNF1vLKnd126.jpeg

abs are crazy

freakin 10 pack

Originally Posted by cguy610

I hate asking questions in thread that's suppose to be resourceful and getting no answers back.

The hell are you making rules? plus i doubt son asked some advanced unanswerable stuff.  The thread just rolls that way sometimes.  Sometimes you get help, but for the most part it's just dudes who already are decent in the gym talking at each other.

Lol @ "dudes who already are decent in the gym talking at each other" we needa do better.

Do you guys go to the gym in cosecutive days? It would be hard for me to go any other days other than mon-thurs but I'm reading that you should have rest days in between. Would I get better results if I tried to take off days in between?

Eh be careful taking a stroll there. Not because I,m personally against it but once you go there you kinda stay there. Unless you,re prepared to run 2nd, 3rd, etc cycle then I wouldn't do it. Once you've been on gear you won't want to train off of it.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Originally Posted by cguy610

The hell are you making rules? plus i doubt son asked some advanced unanswerable stuff.  The thread just rolls that way sometimes.  Sometimes you get help, but for the most part it's just dudes who already are decent in the gym talking at each other.
laugh.gif

Basically..vol 1 was a lot better when it came to advice

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

Do you guys go to the gym in cosecutive days? It would be hard for me to go any other days other than mon-thurs but I'm reading that you should have rest days in between. Would I get better results if I tried to take off days in between?

What's your routine ?
Body part split ? in that case you can go consecutive days just hit different body parts each time. If you are doing full body workouts then you should take a day off  between for sure. I myself only lift twice a week (mon/thurs) but I'm only doing heavy compound lifts so it works out perfectly. 

Originally Posted by tkthafm

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

What's your routine ?
Body part split ? in that case you can go consecutive days just hit different body parts each time. If you are doing full body workouts then you should take a day off  between for sure. I myself only lift twice a week (mon/thurs) but I'm only doing heavy compound lifts so it works out perfectly. 

I'm actually just now starting to go to the gym. Will begin going starting tomorrow but I do want to do body part split. I was just looking at the data base on the bodybuilding forum for routines that I can follow but I saw that most 4 day routines weren't consecutive. Any routines I can do while I figure out what works best for me? I want to be serious in going to the gym since I never have really gone before. I'm doing a lot of reading but its a little overwhelming so any help would be great. 

Is it bad to max out every workout? I work out full body twice a week focusing on my main lifts and I've been seeing progress except my squat and deadlift have come to a stop. I've been trying to peak my 1 rep max every workout and I end up failing... should I cut down on the weight and add more reps?

Back
Top Bottom