Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

Anyone mix weights at the gym?

Lets say, you are loading up your barbell to bench press. Do you mix the brands of weight you put on the barbell? For example, lets say your gym carries 2 brands of weight.. Weight Company X, and Weight Company Y, do you guys just load the barbell with one company or do you mix the companies depending on what weight is available?

Is there a problem with mixing the weights?
Nah my gym only has one brand. But sometimes I like to load up like 1 45 on one side and four 10's + one 5 on the other just for the #+%% of it 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

Lets say, you are loading up your barbell to bench press. Do you mix the brands of weight you put on the barbell? For example, lets say your gym carries 2 brands of weight.. Weight Company X, and Weight Company Y, do you guys just load the barbell with one company or do you mix the companies depending on what weight is available?

Nah my gym only has one brand. But sometimes I like to load up like 1 45 on one side and four 10's + one 5 on the other just for the #+%% of it 
laugh.gif

The center of gravity on that bar will be different. Not a good idea.  

That never bothered me back at a gym I used to go to with weights like that. The one I go to now has all the same ones though.

Sometimes I hate seeing people I know in the gym. I'm not talking always, but for example yesterday I was in the middle of my set and saw a friend I haven't seen for a couple months there. Chatted for a couple minutes n felt out of it when I got back to my set smh

Originally Posted by miamin2

That never bothered me back at a gym I used to go to with weights like that. The one I go to now has all the same ones though.

Sometimes I hate seeing people I know in the gym. I'm not talking always, but for example yesterday I was in the middle of my set and saw a friend I haven't seen for a couple months there. Chatted for a couple minutes n felt out of it when I got back to my set smh
smh I hate that... almost gonna join a gym on the complete opposite end of the city to avoid people I went to highschool with 
ohwell.gif

Whoever said to try Dark Matter...thanks. Awesome Post-workout. Once I got past the bloat and really upped the water intake, stuff is 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

Whoever said to try Dark Matter...thanks. Awesome Post-workout. Once I got past the bloat and really upped the water intake, stuff is 
pimp.gif
what exactly is dark matter, sounds...... interesting
laugh.gif

Already down 8lbs in less than a month while taking Oxy Elite Pro. Looking for something to stack with it that doesn't give you the jitters. Mainly something for energy cause I seem to be getting fatigued lately. Also I seem to always have a huge craving for sweets since I cut back on my sugar intake. Anything healthy yall can recommend to curb that plus give me that sugar "energy" feeling?

Pookie, give the 100 Burpee Challenge a whirl. Used to do it at the boxing gym. Try and do 100 Burpees as fast as you can and keep track of your times each time you do it. You can obivously go as fast or slow as you want, as long as you complete 100.

Originally Posted by Chico Cummings

Already down 8lbs in less than a month while taking Oxy Elite Pro. Looking for something to stack with it that doesn't give you the jitters. Mainly something for energy cause I seem to be getting fatigued lately. Also I seem to always have a huge craving for sweets since I cut back on my sugar intake. Anything healthy yall can recommend to curb that plus give me that sugar "energy" feeling?

when i feel like eating something sugary, i eat those sugar-free puddings you can get at your local grocery store
laugh.gif

the dulce de leche flavor is legitttt

For anyone who wants to gain weight and is already using compound lifts and heavy deadlifts..... RACK PULLS!!!

Did a ramp up dead lift to 300x5 with a lot of energy remaining.. probably could have done 9 or 10 reps.. instead I unloaded the bar and put it in the rack. Added 100 lbs and did 3x6 rack pulls and my whole upper body is bursting.

I'm talking veins in my shoulders and %*@#
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Chico Cummings

Whipped cream.

what u guys think about taking a week or so off from the gym im down to 191 as of today (thanks to oxy elite pro for getting me through when i plateaued at 197 for 2-3 months) started at 260 been working out 5-7 days a week for 8 months know, recently the top of my left shoulder has been killing me when i work out im still tryin to get to my goal of 180 do u think a week off from the gym all together would do me good, should i go and just do cardio? should i continue to take oxy elite? (taking for 2-3 wks know)

I need to get back to the gym, have so much spare time that I am extremely bored during the day...

Got a question, why is it 90% after I eat I have to take a *%*$... Its to the point where I am in the bathroom like 10 minutes after Ie at where I am $@@+%$@+ and it comes out quick
laugh.gif

What can it be? I was at one point intaking 3000+ calories, trying to at least add 10lbs but it just cant happen because I'm in the bathroom after every meal..

Originally Posted by kobe4threebang

what u guys think about taking a week or so off from the gym im down to 191 as of today (thanks to oxy elite pro for getting me through when i plateaued at 197 for 2-3 months) started at 260 been working out 5-7 days a week for 8 months know, recently the top of my left shoulder has been killing me when i work out im still tryin to get to my goal of 180 do u think a week off from the gym all together would do me good, should i go and just do cardio? should i continue to take oxy elite? (taking for 2-3 wks know)

If you have pain when you lift stop and take a rest. You can seriously injure yourself.  Do you stretch your shoulder muscles prior to lifting? Chances are since it doesn't sound too serious that it is just tendonitis.

BTW, what does oxy elite do?

Originally Posted by Durden7

Gyms carry more than one brand of weights?  
sick.gif
yes mine does...........

i always have to keep it the same, mental thing....

they have older weights and bought newer ones still have the older ones, get it?

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by Durden7

Gyms carry more than one brand of weights?  
sick.gif
yes mine does...........

i always have to keep it the same, mental thing....

they have older weights and bought newer ones still have the older ones, get it?
I get it.  Its just a sign of a poor gym. 

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by Name I Koop

Not tryna gain, but what's a rack pull?

Great for overall strength because you can really overload

Yikes, these scare me...I honestly don't see the point of these(and it's probably just cause I tore my rotator cuff years ago).� They put a huge amount of stress on your shoulders/sockets by forcing you to roll your shoulders forward.� It's just not safe, plus, the range of motion is short...what is this really working?

Originally Posted by Name I Koop

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Look at this mother *%@$+!! beast!�

Yikes, these scare me...I honestly don't see the point of these(and it's probably just cause I tore my rotator cuff years ago).� They put a huge amount of stress on your shoulders/sockets by forcing you to roll your shoulders forward.� It's just not safe, plus, the range of motion is short...what is this really working?

yea i dont see any point of doing these at all, this doesnt even look like a normal body movement. I'll stick to doing regular and weighted dips

Back
Top Bottom