Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

I'm looking to get some new shoes for lifting, I'm thinking Vibram Five Fingers, Asics wrestling shoes or some Nike Free's, any input?
New shoes for lifting?? That's a first
laugh.gif

I recommend some Nike Free's however, if you'll be incorporating some cardio with your lifting.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

I'm looking to get some new shoes for lifting, I'm thinking Vibram Five Fingers, Asics wrestling shoes or some Nike Free's, any input?
Go get some chuck taylors and save yourself some money...your picks sound more for style than functionality.
I've been using the same shoes for years now and the soles are worn out, don't care too much about style. I'll consider Chucks but they seem like they would be uncomfortable.

Originally Posted by patent leather

New shoes for lifting?? That's a first
laugh.gif

I recommend some Nike Free's however, if you'll be incorporating some cardio with your lifting.

I guess I should have said working out, as I do cardio a few times a week.

avoid the vibram five fingers. i think a few pages back, they mentioned some gyms don't allow that to be worn..? i'd go with nike free's..comfortable
pimp.gif

Anyone ever take a long 2-4 week break from strength training? did you resume adding weight, go back to where you left off or start lower? i'm not sure if i have the same amount of strength.

Originally Posted by l2icel3oi9i6

avoid the vibram five fingers. i think a few pages back, they mentioned some gyms don't allow that to be worn..? i'd go with nike free's..comfortable
pimp.gif
Avoid black Jordan sandals too, I've seen some d-bag get kicked out of the gym for rockin' those....
Spoiler [+]
roll.gif

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Originally Posted by l2icel3oi9i6

pimp.gif
Avoid black Jordan sandals too, I've seen some d-bag get kicked out of the gym for rockin' those....
Spoiler [+]
roll.gif

I wasn't considering sandals at all
laugh.gif
I see people rocking them
smh.gif

I also saw these two guys sharing a belt to do bicep curls
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

Anyone ever take a long 2-4 week break from strength training? did you resume adding weight, go back to where you left off or start lower? i'm not sure if i have the same amount of strength.

not an expert but I'd start lower to get back into rhythm

Originally Posted by xblaze23

anyone want to recommend some cheap lifting gloves? thanks in advance.

hit up modells or sports authority.

gloves go for around $10-15. Nike in particular

wassup i am getting on the chubby side a bit and im ready for a change i have a few questions i hope yall can help me out

- im thinking of doing jogging in the mourning at lease 4 days of the week and px90 program in the evening good or bad?
- is it good to eat after working out or before?
- what other cardio besides jogging/walking is recommended?
- is it beneficial to set a date for myself to start my workout plan or just start?
- i know fish, tuna chicken breast are good, what sides can i put with them on a dinner basis?
- what are good fruits to eat as snacks while trying to lose weight?

i know its a bit long but i really need help even if you have to drop a pm in my inbox do something i really need to get on track thx nt

Originally Posted by Shaky3

^ 5' 7
everyones body different but I, personally, go by this rule.

Your body weight X 15 = maintenance calories (keeping your same body weight)

So your maintenance would be 145x15 and that = 2200.

you don't wanna lose weight too fast because you most likely lose a bunch of strength.
Slowly drop you're calories to maybe 1900-2000 but always try to increase the weight (that you're lifting) and work towards building strength. Not sure if will work out too well since technically you're on a caloric deficit which doesn't really benefit strength.

You could also just eat VERY healthy and keep calorie level the same (@ 2200 or so). Keep the fat to minimum but remember to get your healthy fats in + add cardio.

Everyone's different though man. You need to find a specific level for YOURSELF and remember to eat healthy and add some cardio in there. Good luck
pimp.gif

I have Nike Free's
pimp.gif
...actually a very good from Nike. stay away from Shox. Those things are overrated/overpriced.

Paid $85 for my Nike Free's. Extremely light, extremely comfortable and a great running show. I'd recommend to anyone who's willing to drop $80+

So after about 6 weeks of sulking back in march after my relationship ended I finally got around to getting back into the gym and doing what I love once again.

I'm 6'5 - 240... I haven't really gained or lost weight since I've started but my numbers are increased greatly

Haven't maxed these are all numbers for at the end of a workout

Bench - 305 x 2 (When I got back I could do 225 about 6 times)
Squats - 285 X 6 (Was only able to do a few sets of 185)
Deadlift - 425 X 1 (Around 335)

I am trying to switch up my workouts a little bit, but still seem to be gaining a bit every week.

Originally Posted by Truballa101

^ 5' 7

you don't wanna lose weight too fast because you most likely lose a bunch of strength.
Slowly drop you're calories to maybe 1900-2000 but always try to increase the weight (that you're lifting) and work towards building strength. Not sure if will work out too well since technically you're on a caloric deficit which doesn't really benefit strength.

You could also just eat VERY healthy and keep calorie level the same (@ 2200 or so). Keep the fat to minimum but remember to get your healthy fats in + add cardio.

Everyone's different though man. You need to find a specific level for YOURSELF and remember to eat healthy and add some cardio in there. Good luck
pimp.gif

That should be lean body mass not weight.

A 220 lb overwight person doesnt need 3300 calories as maintenance.

Weight only works if the person is in fairly decent shape and isnt overweight.

Originally Posted by 4U2NV

wassup i am getting on the chubby side a bit and im ready for a change i have a few questions i hope yall can help me out

- im thinking of doing jogging in the mourning at lease 4 days of the week and px90 program in the evening good or bad?
- is it beneficial to set a date for myself to start my workout plan or just start?
- i know fish, tuna chicken breast are good, what sides can i put with them on a dinner basis?

i know its a bit long but i really need help even if you have to drop a pm in my inbox do something i really need to get on track thx nt

1. Ease your way into that program man. You don't wanna overdo it because that first p90x workout is a killer. Start p90x and then evaluate and ask yourself if you can handle running every single morning.
2. Eat something with carbs (oatmeal, whole wheat bread) about 45 mins to an hour before working out. Load up on protein AND carbs after working out. <- half hour after or ASAP.
3. running...find a bike and a hill. a game of basketball, pretty much anything that breaks a sweat.
4. just do it. make sure it's convenient for you though. I've told myself plenty of times "I'm gonna start this coming Monday!" <- don't know how many times I've said this.
ohwell.gif

5. veggies, green. rice (white/brown), potatoes.
6. any. apples, grapes...most fruits have low caloric value so it's almost impossible to gain weight on fruit alone.

Originally Posted by Durden7

^ 5' 7

pimp.gif

you're right. I think 5'7 and 145 is fairly decent shape though. So that estimation could work for my friend here...
I just threw that equation out there because it's worked for me and I'm pretty much the same weight/height as Shaky

Originally Posted by 4U2NV

1. Ease your way into that program man. You don't wanna overdo it because that first p90x workout is a killer. Start p90x and then evaluate and ask yourself if you can handle running every single morning.
2. Eat something with carbs (oatmeal, whole wheat bread) about 45 mins to an hour before working out. Load up on protein AND carbs after working out. <- half hour after or ASAP.
3. running...find a bike and a hill. a game of basketball, pretty much anything that breaks a sweat.
4. just do it. make sure it's convenient for you though. I've told myself plenty of times "I'm gonna start this coming Monday!" <- don't know how many times I've said this.
ohwell.gif

5. veggies, green. rice (white/brown), potatoes.
6. any. apples, grapes...most fruits have low caloric value so it's almost impossible to gain weight on fruit alone.
hey thanks alot appreciate it, one more question i know im going to have to stick to tuna, chicken breast and fish, any other suggestions and what are some little alternative for lunch

Originally Posted by Durden7

^ 5' 7

pimp.gif

you're right. I think 5'7 and 145 is fairly decent shape though. So that estimation could work for my friend here...
I just threw that equation out there because it's worked for me and I'm pretty much the same weight/height as Shaky
Oh yeah, no doubt.  5'7, 145 isnt overweight at all so it fits in this scenario.

I just wanted to clear that up for other people going through this thread.  Didnt want anyone to think the 15 x weight rule applied universally.

For most people its a fairly accurate tool, but it doesnt work across the board.

I just recently bought a bottle of kre alkalyn

I'm currently using lipo 6 and was wondering if I can i cut using kre alkalyn too? or would it defeat the purpose

thanks

Well, since AOR has been sold out worldwide for a while, changed my order to Orange Triad. I might just abandon AOR since it's SO expensive (OT is cheaper and has more caps). Anyone have any experience with it?

I'm trying to lose as much weight as possible in 3 months.
I've been running 3-4 miles every time I'm at the gym, what else can I do?

I'm 5'9 and was at 190, but now to 182 in two weeks. Any tips?

For someone who is trying to get cut, will ya go with p90x or with this workout plus cardio?

Monday - Arms
Biceps
Exercise Sets Reps
Barbell Curl 4 20, 15, 12, 10
Dumbbell Curl 3 15, 12, 10
Concentration Curl 3 15, 12, 10
Triceps
Exercise Sets Reps
Lying Tricep Extension 4 15, 12, 10, 10
Rope Pushdown 3 15, 12, 10
Dumbbell Extension 3 15, 12, 10

Tuesday - Legs
Quads/Hams/Glutes
Exercise Sets Reps
Squats 4 20, 15, 12, 10
Leg Press 3 15, 12, 10
Leg Extension 3 20, 15, 12
Leg Curl 4 20, 15, 12, 10
Straight Leg Deadlifts 3 15, 12, 10
Calves
Exercise Sets Reps
Seated Calf Raise 3 15, 12, 10
Standing Calf Raise 3 20, 15, 12

Wednesday - Chest
Chest
Exercise Sets Reps
Incline Dumbbell Press 4 15, 12, 12, 10
Flat Dumbbell Press 3 15, 12, 10
Decline Dumbbell Press 3 15, 12, 10
Cable Crossovers 2 12
Incline Flys 2 12

Thursday - Back
Back
Exercise Sets Reps
Smith Machine Barbell Row 4 15, 12, 10, 10
Bent Over Dumbbell Rows 3 15, 12, 10
Wide Grip Pulldown 3 15, 12, 10
Seated Rowing 3 15, 12, 10
Hyper-Extension 4 15, 12, 10, 10

Friday - Shoulders
Shoulders
Exercise Sets Reps
Dumbbell Press 4 15, 12, 10, 10
Side Lateral Raises 3 15, 12, 10
Dumbbell Rear Delt Fly 3 15, 12, 10
Dumbbell Shrugs 3 15, 12, 10

v6n7dz.jpg

I'm trying to lose as much weight as possible in 3 months.
I've been running 3-4 miles every time I'm at the gym, what else can I do?

I'm 5'9 and was at 190, but now to 182 in two weeks. Any tips?

Are you dieting at all? Look into high intensity interval training.

Back
Top Bottom