Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

I have a question. Im still lifting and doing cardio, but I was wondering if I did some form of martial arts combined with lifting will that be too much on my body??

anyone???

BTW: 1900th post
pimp.gif

ive been dieting for about 3 days and i am constantly having headaches. it is because my body is getting use to the changes or because i am not consumingbarley any sugar through out the day?

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

al- yeah i have copped that bolthouse farms stuff, not in a whilllle though. i think i'll pick some up i don't even remember what it tastes like. i remember there being a coffee flavored one too, i think it was coffee+milk though, not much fruit if any in there.

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

Had some really dry joints and tendons for the past 3 months. Im dont take any supps besides NAC and fish oil, but i had to get some glutamine.
Worked wonders for me. Pretty sure most of you are up on it and so am i, but i never gave much a *+@+ about it till now. Def a supp you guys should add. My knees dont crack anymore. 2-4000mg a day

my right knee has been cracking, i might give this a try.......you already get a ton of glutamine in protein shakes though so i don't get why 2-4 g's extra would make a diff. been thinking of getting some MSM based joint supp like Animal Flex. there's gotta be a better one though. i gotta hit up an orthopedist to see what they say.
Both my knees have been makign cracking/ popping sounds since I was about 13 or 14. I don't think it's a a problem at all if there's no pain/ stiffness associated with it.
laugh.gif
yeah i have had that too and sometimes in the ankle areaas well and had never had any problems (played soccer consistently since age
glasses.gif

Is it ok to do squats and DL on the same day?

And what are y'all listening to in the gym? I need some new workout music

So it's better if I do them on separate days then?

I was just wondering that's all, I need to start deadlifting again..

I have a question. Im still lifting and doing cardio, but I was wondering if I did some form of martial arts combined with lifting will that be too much on my body??

anyone???

BTW: 1900th post
pimp.gif
Nah, I imagine you'd be too tired but if you're working yourself and you like it go for it.

I'd like to do Martial Arts too but I'm too broke for that.

And dls and squats at the same time is fine, just really hard because both exercises are strenuous, like Joe or someone mentioned awhile back, see foryourself.

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

Is it ok to do squats and DL on the same day?

And what are y'all listening to in the gym? I need some new workout music

If you're doing squats and romanian deadlifts, it shouldn't be a problem.

I walked 5 miles with my dog if that counts for anything. Trying to get back into the swing of working out, but hurt my ankle really bad during the summer.Hasn't ever really felt the same since, it clicks a lot now, but it felt alright today. Now I gotta see how it feels when I cut and squat on it.

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

Gonna start taking some supplements too:
Fish Oil
Glucosamine
Creatine

Anybody got brands they recommend of any of these?
First of all what is it you need Glucosamine for?

Fish Oil is fish oil despite the brand just make sure you are getting 1000mg a pill. Keep it in the fridge for less fish oil burps. Take two with every meal.

As far a creatine goes and you've heard it a thousand times, you don't need to be messing with it unless you have a confident grasp on a diet but youare an adult that can make your own decisions so do what you want. If you feel you have to or your diet is already up to par, Green Mag by Controlled Labs.

thinking of trying a 3 or 4 day full body type split

Monday
Incline Press 5x5-7
Bent-Over Row 5x5-7
Clean and Press 5x5-7
Squat 5x5-7
Barbell Curl 5x5-7
Abs 3x12-15

Wednesday
Cross-Bench DB Pullover 4x10-15
Wide-grip Pull-Up 4x10-15
Overhead Squat 4x10-15
OR DB Lateral Raise 4x10-15
Sissy Squat 4x10-15
Forearm work 4-6x12-20

Friday
Chest Dip 4x8-12
Power Clean/High Pull 5x5
OR Stiff-Legged Deadlift 5x5
Behind-the-Neck Press 4x8-12
Front Squat 4x8-12
Decline Triceps Extension 4x8-12
Calves 3-4x12-20

something like this

not sure about the no deadlifts in there tho

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

Did some 60lb barbell lunges and midway through my session, left knee joint started to hurt. Whats the problem? Any recommended solutions?

I read up on some knee wraps and their success stories, can anybody relate?

Did some 60lb barbell lunges and midway through my session, left knee joint started to hurt. Whats the problem? Any recommended solutions?

It might have been your foot placement on the lunges. You just need to make sure that when you "lunge" your forward knee doesnt extend past yourtoes.

Often times barbell lunges cause more form problems than DB lunges. They both have their pros and cons.

What kind of knee wraps are you thinking about getting? The neoprene ones or something that you actually wrap around your knees?

word i stick to db lunges, never used em as a primary leg exercise so i don't need all the weight a barbell can provide. gimme some 80 lb db's andi'll do a few sets at the end of a leg workout, feels very good.

word i stick to db lunges, never used em as a primary leg exercise so i don't need all the weight a barbell can provide. gimme some 80 lb db's and i'll do a few sets at the end of a leg workout, feels very good.
Yeah if im going to use DBs i typically use straps so I dont mess up my shoulder.

Im particular about my lunges and focus on hamstring/glute activation than anything else.

So it's better if I do them on separate days then?

I was just wondering that's all, I need to start deadlifting again..

They can be done on the same day, but whichever is done 2nd will be a much lighter weight than if it were done first.

Its personal preference. Most people will split them up, but theres really nothing "wrong" with doing them on the same day.

Yea ur right, im buggin. I meant to say glucosamine.

The 3 best glucosamine products are Triple Flex, Bi-Flex and Cosamin DS.

Originally Posted by Durden7

It might have been your foot placement on the lunges. You just need to make sure that when you "lunge" your forward knee doesnt extend past your toes.

Often times barbell lunges cause more form problems than DB lunges. They both have their pros and cons.

What kind of knee wraps are you thinking about getting? The neoprene ones or something that you actually wrap around your knees?
Thanks for the input Durden7. I have a feeling my knees slightly went pass my toes and that could be the problem. I need to check my form on mynext leg day.

As far as wraps go, I wouldn't know where to start. Didn't specifically take notes on what kind of knee wraps though, I assume the neoprene ones.

word i stick to db lunges, never used em as a primary leg exercise so i don't need all the weight a barbell can provide. gimme some 80 lb db's and i'll do a few sets at the end of a leg workout, feels very good.

I'm going to try DB lunges next time, thanks for the input.

Hey guys, I need some advice about using supplements. I recently lost a lot of weight and I'm just starting to lift weights again. I don't want to takeanything that will make me bulk up again but I need something that will make me more cut and tone. What should I take?

Can anybody recommend some good pull up rubber bands? Preferably not Iron Woody since they seem overpriced

i been doin 4 day workout weeks

still on the big beyond belief plan im diggin it so far.

Back
Top Bottom