• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man im so pumped...gotta be at work by 8 lol

But it was so worth it man

Going to watch it again on Saturday in imax ...think it's like one of the few showing it in the natural imax format

Last edited:
I think he wasn't able to pull it out because she started trying to pull it out also, not because he couldn't do it. I hope he becomes a lot powerful in the next movies. Loved the on screen time he got. Scene where he stopped the blaster fire in mid air was :wow:.

She has to be Luke's daughter, I would be very surprised if they went with another Force reproduction story. Also you're absolutely right, having Luke's Daughter vs. Leia's son going at it at full strength in Episode 8/9 emotionally could be absolutely epic.

Man, my crowd was [emoji]128169[/emoji][emoji]128169[/emoji][emoji]128169[/emoji] ... during every cheering-moment, it was like crickets... 

I think he wasn't able to pull it out because she started trying to pull it out also, not because he couldn't do it. I hope he becomes a lot powerful in the next movies. Loved the on screen time he got. Scene where he stopped the blaster fire in mid air was :wow:.

She has to be Luke's daughter, I would be very surprised if they went with another Force reproduction story. Also you're absolutely right, having Luke's Daughter vs. Leia's son going at it at full strength in Episode 8/9 emotionally could be absolutely epic.

Yeah, that's what this should all be leading up to ala Obi Wan/Anakin in Ep. III and Vader/Luke in ROTJ. It's just the "right" thing to do

anyone catch Kylo talking to Rey when he was trying to use his telekinesis to get the map out of her and he says "I know you can't sleep at night so you think about an ocean, and an island. I see it." Ironically enough Luke is on a island in the middle of the ocean. Wonder if they'll play an angle of Luke calling to his daughter? This was an obvious sign that she's his

pimp.gif
 Movie was fire, might be my favorite out the saga. Gotta watch it a couple more times, but its definitely Top 3 already.

Gonna try to catch it again tonight unless them strippers pop up by the time I get off 
nerd.gif

anyone catch Kylo talking to Rey when he was trying to use his telekinesis to get the map out of her and he says "I know you can't sleep at night so you think about an ocean, and an island. I see it." Ironically enough Luke is on a island in the middle of the ocean. Wonder if they'll play an angle of Luke calling to his daughter? This was an obvious sign that she's his

That's what I'm saying. The seeds were all planted, I just hope it all gets executed well. This is definitely a film that can get better with each passing film as it gets built upon.

I'm really hoping Snoke is Darth Plagueis and they can tie that back to Palpatine's storyline and yes even tie it back to the dumpster fires of the EP 1-3.

im pretty sure thats who he is

his look is very similar to the animated version

View media item 1833124

I guess the emperor thought he killed him and he probably brought his self back to life

Last edited:
Every time Kylo was without his helmet..it just reminded me of him in GIRLS lol

Man I have such mixed feelings about Kylo. I wanna love him as a villain but he's got some definite whininess in him. I hope he steps his game up in the sequels

Last edited:
But I think that was the point...inexperienced and young...still needed training

The whining and tantrums worked for his character unlike it did for Anakin. Part because of the dialogue and directing, also the acting and character motivations make more sense to why he would be so emotional.

Don't be so sure of Rey's lineage.

Don't doubt what you already know. The film leaves it ambiguous because

The 2 biggest mystery's in the film coincide with each other. "Where is Luke?" And "Who is Rey". No one realized where the initial map to Luke was found?....With Max Von Sydow's on Jakku...just like Rey. Von Sydow's character and Kylo Ren also knew each other and Kylo kills him when Von Sydow's character also knew "Ben Solo" when he was younger and his family. Clearly someone who watched over Kylo and Rey. The sun and Jakku being reminiscent to how it looks on Tattooine, the AT-AT being Rey's home (her chilling under the same foot that crushed his speeder) the blond haired male rebel alliance doll, being attracted to Luke and Anakin's lightsaber (why would a random girl be attracted to that lightsaber of all lightsabers?) Kylo obviously knowing her I mean everything is there. The film never tries to make you doubt she's Luke's daughter, if anything the hints get stronger as the movie goes on. If nothing else tells you, you have to realize that Rey got her memory back but no one realizes this. When her and Kylo are lightsaber dueling and Kylo tells her that she need training in the force...her memory returns as well as the training she had in the force. That's why when they get back to the resistance base, Rey and Leia share that hug. Because Rey remembers now and Leia realizes she knows now too. It's as if there is convo that happens off screen right before Leia sends Rey off to see Luke but why would the most powerful, wanted man in the galaxy who has purposely went missing for years want to meet a "random" girl? I mean even Chewbacca stayed at the falcon so the father/daughter reunion could happen, EVEN R2 WHO WAS OFF THE WHOLE MOVIE BECAUSE LUKE WASNT AROUND STAYED AT THE FALCON WITH CHEWBACCA because this moment was gonna be special between father and daughter. That scene doesn't work and isn't emotionally touching LIKE IT WAS CLEARLY MEANT TO BE if Rey and Luke aren't daughter/Father. JJ put a lot into that film, the whole fact that there wasn't any words, the fact that showed her walking up steps, the way they look at each other. It's beautiful.

^ Yep, I agree with that.  
I also agree with the Adam Driver bit.  Though I've never seen Girls, I think the tantrums work for him... just shows how unstable or even uneasy Ben is right now on where his allegiance lies.  The thing is... his whole scene with Han... was that an act or was he really that not-sure?

Also, I might have missed this, but what reason did Threepio give for his arm being red?

The whining and tantrums worked for his character unlike it did for Anakin. Part because of the dialogue and directing, also the acting and character motivations make more sense to why he would be so emotional.

It makes perfect sense with his character. Kylo is a brat, a brat born to a "royal" family. He's the first born of the next gen and meant to be special like his grandfather. He's heard good and bad about his grandfather and are intrigued by both. He starts asking unnecessary questions about the darkside and this scares his family. Starts training with his legendary uncle and is the apple of his eye...until his baby cousin is born and conveys way more potential than he does and his uncle is enamored by his new born child. Grandson gets extremely jealous, gets told about how great his grandpa was using the darkside of the force by some evil old family acquaintance, starts committing to the dark side and committing bad acts. Wants to kill his baby cousin who getting all this attention but leaves her alone because he doesn't see the hooplah. Uncle gets sad that he allowed his nephew to go bad under his eye. Doesn't want the same to happen to his daughter, leaves her on a desert planet with watchful protectors around while going out to search for answers since he knows the ultimate battle of light and dark will be within his family and that they are essentially gifted and cursed. He knows she'll search for him when times are darkest because he knows his daughter is more than just "special", she's chosen....

You're welcome.

Last edited:
It makes perfect sense with his character. Kylo is a brat, a brat born to a "royal" family. He's the first born of the next gen and meant to be special like his grandfather. He's heard good and bad about his grandfather and are intrigued by both. He starts asking unnecessary questions about the darkside and this scares his family. Starts training with his legendary uncle and is the apple of his eye...until his baby cousin is born and conveys way more potential than he does and his uncle is enamored by his new born child. Grandson gets extremely jealous, gets told about how great his grandpa was using the darkside of the force by some evil old family acquaintance, starts committing to the dark side and committing bad acts. Wants to kill his baby cousin who getting all this attention but leaves her alone because he doesn't see the hooplah. Uncle gets sad that he allowed his nephew to go bad under his eye. Doesn't want the same to happen to his daughter, leaves her on a desert planet with watchful protectors around while going out to search for answers since he knows the ultimate battle of light and dark will be within his family and that they are essentially gifted and cursed. He knows she'll search for him when times are darkest because he knows his daughter is more than just "special", she's chosen....

You're welcome.

But yoo...this makes perfect sence as to why Kylo was turned.

"Old family acquaintance"... if the old theory about Plagueis creating Anakin is true..... :nerd:

What if she's Kenobi's daughter. I think it'd be a cool little twist on things. Obviously her age wouldn't make sense, but it'd be fun.

Back
Top Bottom