Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I go the same shirt but the letters are yellow instead of white. I also got the movie poster for it. I went to Arclight and they were selling it. I think the shirt was $25, and the poster was $10.

There was a booth with all kinds of merchandise at my theater and I didn't even stop. I knew my daughters would have wanted everything there. :lol:

Last edited:
Just got back.

Quick first impressions were a really solid film with moments of greatness but not a perfect film. Easily Top 3 in the Saga behind ESB and the Original.

The first and third acts are the best parts in the movie.

When Chewbacca screamed after Kylo stabbed Han, that hit me :frown:

Even though my gut was telling me he was going to die anyway since Harrison Ford wanted Han to be killed off in Jedi. I was in serious denial :lol:

Also, I do not think he would have returned if Han survived this film.

Kylo Ren got to be jealous as **** of Rey because he has been training with the force basically his whole life only to be bested by girl who literally just learned of her Force sensitivity in a couple days :lol:

I bought the hoodie from the merch table too. I told myself just to purchase ONE thing and walk away :lol:

Last edited:
This is STAR WARS. It has the spirit of what makes the originals endearing, something that the prequels desperately needed. I left the theater the way I wanted to leave It after watching Episode I.....satisfied and excited about the future of the franchise. It wasn't perfect, and it didn't have to be. I'm a happy fan right now.

Last edited:
I'm sure there are plotholes here and there but they did what the original movies did, created great characters that we cared so much about that we didn't really mind plot holes or a basic story

Don't be so sure of Rey's lineage.

And you guys saying ANH was a "standalone" film are dense as **** :lol: I guess that's why it mentions Jabba and The Clones Wars, and Anakin, and The Emporer and the Kessel run etc but never shows any of that. :lol:

Standalone. :lol: Good Lord.

JJ nailed this film. Absolutely crushed it. Will write more later, still absorbing everything I felt tonight.

indifferent.gif

Grizzly!?!

Last edited:
Man Han's death hit me hard. Even thought I knew what was gonna happen ahead of time, I was shook. Especially after the whole Leia/Han reunion and how he wanted Ben back. The feels :frown:

Don't be so sure of Rey's lineage.

And you guys saying ANH was a "standalone" film are dense as **** :lol: I guess that's why it mentions Jabba and The Clones Wars, and Anakin, and The Emporer and the Kessel run etc but never shows any of that. :lol:

Standalone. :lol: Good Lord.

JJ nailed this film. Absolutely crushed it. Will write more later, still absorbing everything I felt tonight.

I couldn't imagine her not being a Skywalker. There's so many parallels to her and Luke it's crazy. I found these on reddit:

-Rey's speeder bike is a direct call back to Luke's X-34
-Rey has a handmade X-Wing pilot doll on a shelf in her home
-Rey makes her home inside a downed AT-AT walker, drawing a parallel with the AT-AT that Luke downed in Empire
-Rey is shown wearing a scavenged rebel pilot helmet, drawing another parallel to Luke. Note that Rey's helmet is not Luke's exact helmet as others have speculated. His had red rebellion logos, her's had yellow ones.
-Rey is shown to be a natural pilot and tinkerer
-Rey's force vision in the castle corridor was extremely similar to Luke's in the Dagobah cave. The same could be said for when Kylo was pursuing her through the crevace in the woods. Like vision Vader coming at Luke in the cave.
-Maz essentially comes out and says it post Rey's force vision
-As Kylo is interrogating her, he mentions he see that she dreams of an ocean and an island (where do we find luke?).
-Rey's garb in the closing scenes is very similar to Luke's from Dagobah. Both her vest and his jacket were heavier grey cloth and had mock collars.

First, I think it's when Han is talking to Rey about why she needs to go back to Jakku (or possibly when she reveals her name? maybe someone can help), he gives this sort of sad look that just, to me, said he knew exactly who she was and that nobody was coming to Jakku for her
Second, right after Finn and Rey leave the table where they were all talking to Maz, Maz says "Who's the girl?" and then they cut away (obvious implication is Han knows something)
Third, Han offers this girl a freaking position with him and Chewie. Seriously? Those two work alone. Always have. For 30+ years. He wants to watch over his niece now that he's found her.

The phrase "The force is strong in my family, my father has it, I have it, my sister has it, you have that power too". Even though it isn't in the movie, it was clearly meant for Rey.
Most importantly : Rey is the one who awakens R2D2. In the flashback she has, we see Luke placing his hand on R2D2. Why do we see that? I believe that this is the moment Luke decides that only Rey will be able to find him when she's old enough, and gives her a way to find him.
The obvious one : Not only does she pull the light saber from the snow, she does it when Kylo Ren is not able to. If they are both Darth Vader's grandkids, why couldn't Kylo Ren do it? Is it because Rey is Luke's daughter? (It probably also means the saber has become an excalibur of sorts)

1 AM...just came back
WOW. Just blown away.

Even more proud of my Daisy Ridley avy now heh

Last edited:
It was actually true... ******* amazing

*  little hint:    007

Daniel Craig was in The Force Awakens as a stormtrooper...like previously rumored

The scene with Rey convincing the trooper to release her from the restraints...That's Daniel Craig

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/17/daniel-craig-makes-cameo-star-wars-force-awakens

That's :smokin. That scene was funny too.

Also I think I know who Simon Pegg was.

A had a couple of gripes, none that take away from how amazing this is but my biggest?

Captain Phasma :smh:

And of course

pwpocvv09bwpvjc1xuzx.gif

Noticed that was cutoff too =( a little sad over it

Will add a lot more tomorrow but tonight had me drained. It was all worth it.

Last edited:
I couldn't imagine her not being a Skywalker. There's so many parallels to her and Luke it's crazy. I found these on reddit:

-Rey's speeder bike is a direct call back to Luke's X-34
-Rey has a handmade X-Wing pilot doll on a shelf in her home
-Rey makes her home inside a downed AT-AT walker, drawing a parallel with the AT-AT that Luke downed in Empire
-Rey is shown wearing a scavenged rebel pilot helmet, drawing another parallel to Luke. Note that Rey's helmet is not Luke's exact helmet as others have speculated. His had red rebellion logos, her's had yellow ones.
-Rey is shown to be a natural pilot and tinkerer
-Rey's force vision in the castle corridor was extremely similar to Luke's in the Dagobah cave. The same could be said for when Kylo was pursuing her through the crevace in the woods. Like vision Vader coming at Luke in the cave.
-Maz essentially comes out and says it post Rey's force vision
-As Kylo is interrogating her, he mentions he see that she dreams of an ocean and an island (where do we find luke?).
-Rey's garb in the closing scenes is very similar to Luke's from Dagobah. Both her vest and his jacket were heavier grey cloth and had mock collars.

First, I think it's when Han is talking to Rey about why she needs to go back to Jakku (or possibly when she reveals her name? maybe someone can help), he gives this sort of sad look that just, to me, said he knew exactly who she was and that nobody was coming to Jakku for her
Second, right after Finn and Rey leave the table where they were all talking to Maz, Maz says "Who's the girl?" and then they cut away (obvious implication is Han knows something)
Third, Han offers this girl a freaking position with him and Chewie. Seriously? Those two work alone. Always have. For 30+ years. He wants to watch over his niece now that he's found her.

The phrase "The force is strong in my family, my father has it, I have it, my sister has it, you have that power too". Even though it isn't in the movie, it was clearly meant for Rey.
Most importantly : Rey is the one who awakens R2D2. In the flashback she has, we see Luke placing his hand on R2D2. Why do we see that? I believe that this is the moment Luke decides that only Rey will be able to find him when she's old enough, and gives her a way to find him.
The obvious one : Not only does she pull the light saber from the snow, she does it when Kylo Ren is not able to. If they are both Darth Vader's grandkids, why couldn't Kylo Ren do it? Is it because Rey is Luke's daughter? (It probably also means the saber has become an excalibur of sorts)

I think he wasn't able to pull it out because she started trying to pull it out also, not because he couldn't do it. I hope he becomes a lot powerful in the next movies. Loved the on screen time he got. Scene where he stopped the blaster fire in mid air was :wow:.

Last edited:
Posting this here in case the other thread gets shut down to see people's opinions

Cool info about 007. Anyone else think the fat x wing pilot looked like Kevin Smith? Dude must be so salty he didn't get the part laugh.gif

I really enjoyed the film but hated Death Star 3.0.

I also didn't like R2 randomly waking up. I'm assuming he woke up becuase Luke woke up and thus "The force awakens" has a double meaning with Luke getting snapped out of whatever stasis he was in and R2 waking up with him. I hope this is explained in episode 8.

I like that they just basically took the EU storyline and remixed it. Instead of Jaina we got Rey, instead of Jacen/Darth Cadeus we got Ben/Kylo Ren. I don't think they're going with the twins storyline from the EU.

In regards to Rey's parentage I hope she's Luke's daughter as I think that actually works better on film than the twins going at it from the EU. It's possible she could have been "conceived by the force" like Anakin but I don't think that packs as much punch as Luke's Daughter going up against Leia's son.

I'm really hoping Snoke is Darth Plagueis and they can tie that back to Palpatine's storyline and yes even tie it back to the dumpster fires of the EP 1-3.

Can't wait to see trained Rey go up against trained Kylo eventually. I hope we see how Kylo murked all the other Jedi and maybe even possibly murked Luke's wife. I'm still holding out for a Mara Jade type character.

Back
Top Bottom